Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

Ok, ill try to get a better economy to make and buy more guns. One thing i didnt do was buy guns.
Well this leads me to another few questions. I think the maximum amount of guns any city can carry is 300, enough for six units. So if I am to wait untill im almost attacked, that means I can only arm six units. Does that mean I have to have wagons with guns in them on my city tile to improve storage or is there another way?
My next question is when I automate imports and exports I understan that on an export i can set the minimum amount of resources my city should keep... But when I set imports what am I setting when i put the number. It should be a maximum so i dont overload my warehouse but it seems like there is no maximum and my warehouse overloads!?

Ok, ill try to get a better economy to make and buy more guns. One thing i didnt do was buy guns.
Well this leads me to another few questions. I think the maximum amount of guns any city can carry is 300, enough for six units. So if I am to wait untill im almost attacked, that means I can only arm six units. Does that mean I have to have wagons with guns in them on my city tile to improve storage or is there another way?

*cough* Galleons hold 600, enough for 12 units. Or 300 and 300 horse, enough for 6 dragoons. ;)

My next question is when I automate imports and exports I understan that on an export i can set the minimum amount of resources my city should keep... But when I set imports what am I setting when i put the number. It should be a maximum so i dont overload my warehouse but it seems like there is no maximum and my warehouse overloads!?

When importing the number means nothing.

When importing the number means nothing.
Too bad i cant make a maximum number.
Well I have one final question for now.
When trading with the indians they ask for a specific good, does that mean you get more money if you trade that good because you could trade almost anything with anyone but they ask for a specific good?
Also is there a way to find out what good the're in demand for without manually writting it down the first time you visit their teritory? and subsequently when its shown as a message?

After your scout has visited an Indian village a small icon will appear beside the village name showing what goods that village wants (you might need to zoom in to see it). Another way to view this is by using the display icons on the left hand side of the map screen. If you toggle on ‘Resource Display’ and then select ‘Map View’ (or use F11) you will see a global view with an option to change the information displayed to ‘Native Goods Requests’.

And yes they do pay better for those goods.

Greetings everyone!

I was wondering does treasure found on the goody huts and chiefs in the native villages, when taken to Europe with YOUR own galleons, affects the Kings tax increases? Does it affect the trade yield or some other variable that has direct impact in the event of the tax raisings? Most of the games, i try not to trade at all with the Europe, and only when i'm ready to go for WoI, i start trading and never accept taxes. That's why i stay with all my treasure units fortified in the colonies, and never cashed in, but i don't know if that has any effect on the taxes. If it doesn't, i might as well get the boost by cashing it.

Thanks in advance,

Arakasi

Treasure units are not counted for tax hikes. But the King will demand money off you if you have a lot of it. Just refuse the King though. :)

Well if you are never trading then there is little disadvantage to higher taxes.

That is true, although, i always believe that the time will come when i just might be forced to trade with Europe, like "in a hard times for the colonies"... I like to get in a role. :)

Treasure units are not counted for tax hikes. But the King will demand money off you if you have a lot of it. Just refuse the King though. :)

He rarely has anything to ask, really. I spend everything just because of it. Thanks for answering, and of course:

- Great work on the AoD2 Dale, keep it up! - :goodjob:

Arakasi.

Did the patch change the Western Hemisphere scenario map? Out of the box, everyone settles Brazil, because its closer. It doesn't matter if you're dutch or spanish, it takes forever to sail to north america

What is the best way to stop this? I'm producing alot of wood, cotton and ore. I have warehouses and I am still wasting raw materials. Should I just rearrange my workers on the tiles? Or setup trade networks between my colonies? Or constently keep shipping goods to Europe?

I am thinking of seeing what is needed per turn and any excess would be sold to Europe (or the natives). Is this a good strategy.

I don't know how to build a warehouse extension. It is not available in the build menu.

What is the best way to stop this? I'm producing alot of wood, cotton and ore. I have warehouses and I am still wasting raw materials. Should I just rearrange my workers on the tiles?....

That's what I would do. Instead of having a lumberjack cutting wood, use him as a carpenter and reduce the stockpile of lumber. Put a colonist at work to make cloth to prevent loss of cotton. Have another one make tools to get rid of the excess ore.

I would also build some wagons to move the surplus raw materials and finished goods from the colonies that don't have the room for them to others that do. Or to ports where ships can load it up and take it to Europe to sell.

yanner said:
I am thinking of seeing what is needed per turn and any excess would be sold to Europe (or the natives). Is this a good strategy.

That would be very efficient. But as far as I know the natives won't buy your raw materials.

I have kind of a weird question. When you install Colonization does it add anything to the regular Civilization game? Or is it just completely stand alone?

Like when you install it and play a regular Civilization can you get founding fathers or is that a Colonization only feature?

It says it's a stand alone expansion.

It's completely stand-alone. It doesn't even go into the same directory.

hey there

can somebody give me an exact description of the different difficulty levels and its bonuses/maluses? a link would of course be helpful enough. ive been searching for an hour now - cant find any details at all.

It's completely stand-alone. It doesn't even go into the same directory.

Just curious. There are some nifty ideas in there that would add a new layer to the strategy. More colony control. Anyone have a mod to add some of the content from there to the regular game? Maybe Colonies starting a revolution to get out of vasselhood or some such stuff like that. More diplomatic options for barbarians, where they can join your civilization peacfully? Just some ideas.

Welcome to the Civilization Fanatics' Forums, elhupo. :beer:

hey there

can somebody give me an exact description of the different difficulty levels and its bonuses/maluses? a link would of course be helpful enough. ive been searching for an hour now - cant find any details at all.

From the easiest to the hardest, the difficulty levels are: Pilgrim, Pioneer, Explorer, Conquistador, Governor, Patriot, and Revolutionary. According to page 8 of the manual: "....You can also set the difficulty of the game, with 'Pilgrim' being the easiest, and 'Revolutionary' being the most difficult. We recommend that you play your first few games at the easier levels...."

And that's all the information I see about the difficulty levels, nor do I know where you can find what you are looking for. Sorry about that.

I didn't even know that malus was a word until I looked it up in Wikipedia. You learn something new every day ... now I know that it is a type of crabapple :)

or in this case, the opposite of bonus, obviously. But to get back to the point, I don't know of any such reference work having been done on the different difficulty levels either which is probably why you didn't find anything. One reason for this may be that there is in fact very little difference between the levels, unlike in Civilization for example where stepping up a level makes for a hugely different game.

Top Bottom