Female Great People

I guess you mean that when a female GP is born, there is still a male name in the birth message, right? I'm aware of the problem, but can't do anything about it because it would need some SDK changes as far as I know. :(
I've done quite a bit with the SDK on this one. I've completely replaced the Python code with C++, and the birth messages are correct now. There is also a Golden Age bug with my version of this mod as it is in BAT 3.0 (Not released yet. Delayed by r/l. :( ), and I'm not sure if it exists in your version, as I haven't tried it yet. What happens is that two of the same types of GP can start a Golden Age - a female Scientist and a male Scientist can start a GA, for example. That is game changing (breaking, IMO), and I can't release BAT with it that way. I'll be fixing it on the weekend, I hope, and then it's play testing for a bit.

I'll check out the GG problem, too, but I don't think it's an issue for my code as I actually spawn the unit as male or female, then it goes to the naming routine.

More to come.

I've done quite a bit with the SDK on this one. I've completely replaced the Python code with C++, and the birth messages are correct now. There is also a Golden Age bug with my version of this mod as it is in BAT 3.0 (Not released yet. Delayed by r/l. :( ), and I'm not sure if it exists in your version, as I haven't tried it yet. What happens is that two of the same types of GP can start a Golden Age - a female Scientist and a male Scientist can start a GA, for example. That is game changing (breaking, IMO), and I can't release BAT with it that way. I'll be fixing it on the weekend, I hope, and then it's play testing for a bit.

I'll check out the GG problem, too, but I don't think it's an issue for my code as I actually spawn the unit as male or female, then it goes to the naming routine.

More to come.

Ah, bummer. :(

:think: Hm, maybe you could go a slightly different way, because you are working with the SDK. My first idea was to change only the UnitArtFile of the unit when it turns out to be female, not creating a whole new unit. I tried this with Python, but that didn't work out (Threat link). However, FFH and Dune Wars seem to have solutions for this problem using some simple SDK modifications.

I hope this helps. :)

Edit: Tested my mod for this bug today. I have the same bug. :(

Ah, bummer. :(

:think: Hm, maybe you could go a slightly different way, because you are working with the SDK. My first idea was to change only the UnitArtFile of the unit when it turns out to be female, not creating a whole new unit. I tried this with Python, but that didn't work out (Threat link). However, FFH and Dune Wars seem to have solutions for this problem using some simple SDK modifications.

I hope this helps. :)

Edit: Tested my mod for this bug today. I have the same bug. :(

The reason that I did it the way that I did was to allow a unit of the same type and class to be femaly, by adding an XML tag that would detect the gender. That way, I can add one of your Amazon units to BAT, for example, and give her different combat modifiers by detecting her gender. I wanted to do this with minimal code changes, and without creating a new UnitClass. I have basically created a sub-class of the standard units. I just wanted to make a framework that allowed modders to add a female unit without a lot of trouble. I'm still working out the details and fine tuning it.

Working on the bug today. Stay tuned.

This is interesting, never noticed this golden age bug in my games.
Hope you can find a good solution to this...

On the same logic: does this mean that you can have 3 male and 3 female missionaries from the same religion in the other modcomp?

The reason that I did it the way that I did was to allow a unit of the same type and class to be femaly, by adding an XML tag that would detect the gender. That way, I can add one of your Amazon units to BAT, for example, and give her different combat modifiers by detecting her gender. I wanted to do this with minimal code changes, and without creating a new UnitClass. I have basically created a sub-class of the standard units. I just wanted to make a framework that allowed modders to add a female unit without a lot of trouble. I'm still working out the details and fine tuning it.

Working on the bug today. Stay tuned.
Wow, that sounds very interesting. I'll definitely stay tuned. ;)

On the same logic: does this mean that you can have 3 male and 3 female missionaries from the same religion in the other modcomp?
Fortunately, the number of missionaries is bonded to the unitclass, thus the male and female missionaries both count together for the limit. No problem here.

I'm working away at the problem. As SaibotLieh mentioned, this isn't an issue with the female CEOs or the female Missionaries, because they are handled differently by the game's core.

Wow, that sounds very interesting. I'll definitely stay tuned. ;)
I had a really spiffy idea while I was away in Ireland last month, and it's based on what I'm doing with this. I'll PM you about it in a day or so. I think that you'll like it. :)

For Great Artists, you're missing Hildegard von Bingen, Jane Austen, and George Sand.

Great idea!

I don't want to start a debate or argument or anything, but why have a musician on a scientist list?

Thanks for the input, I've added the two new persons to the mod.

Sometimes it is very hard to put a labels on such exceptional lifeworks. Hildegard von Bingen for example could be an Artist as well as a Prophet as well as a Scientist. I just had to chose at some point and I guess I tend to put more weight on scientific achievements due to my personal preferences. Of course this also means that I can be wrong at times.

Thus, by all means, debate about my labeling are quite welcome. :)

Maybe the Virgin Mary would be a Great Prophet?

Also, I was searching Wiki and came across En-hedu-ana, the first poet in history apparentely. She could be a Great Artist or Great Prophet (the poetry was to the god Inanna).

Also, Ann Lee, founder of the Shakers. And Mary Baker Eddy, founder of the Christian Scientists.

Update to FGP naming issue and the Golden Age bug.

With some help from EmperorFool, I have fixed both of the problems with this mod. Unfortunately, I was only able to do it in the SDK. After BAT 3.0 is released (I'm just waiting for EF to put the final touches on the new BULL code), I'll either release the C++ code changes to SaibotLieh, so that he can use them, or if he would rather, I will compile a specific generic DLL for this mod. Right now, it is part of the BUG/BULL mod, so I would have to cut out the BULL parts and make a clean compile.

I go back to school for some post graduate work next week, so my time for that is spotty ATM, but Sai and I can work it out. ;)

dana scully

lolwut

I mean, she's obviously more of a scientist than a spy.

Maybe the Virgin Mary would be a Great Prophet?

Also, I was searching Wiki and came across En-hedu-ana, the first poet in history apparentely. She could be a Great Artist or Great Prophet (the poetry was to the god Inanna).

Also, Ann Lee, founder of the Shakers. And Mary Baker Eddy, founder of the Christian Scientists.

Thanks! I've added En-hedu-ana to the Artists and Ann Lee & Mary Baker Eddy to the Prophets. I left Virgin Mary out for now because I think she wasn't somebody spreading and/or boosting a certain religion actively (beside giving birth to Jesus of course ;)). But I can be wrong on this one, I don't know that much about her after all.
Update to FGP naming issue and the Golden Age bug.

With some help from EmperorFool, I have fixed both of the problems with this mod. Unfortunately, I was only able to do it in the SDK. After BAT 3.0 is released (I'm just waiting for EF to put the final touches on the new BULL code), I'll either release the C++ code changes to SaibotLieh, so that he can use them, or if he would rather, I will compile a specific generic DLL for this mod. Right now, it is part of the BUG/BULL mod, so I would have to cut out the BULL parts and make a clean compile.

I go back to school for some post graduate work next week, so my time for that is spotty ATM, but Sai and I can work it out. ;)
:goodjob:
I would be very happy if you would also make a "clean" dll for non-BUG/BULL users and of course would it make available for the ones who want to use it with this mod. :)
lolwut

I mean, she's obviously more of a scientist than a spy.
Well, she is an FBI agent after all. I wouldn't put her into the scientist list anyway because she is a fictional character. I've used these only for the spy list because I found few real female people I could put there.

:goodjob:
I would be very happy if you would also make a "clean" dll for non-BUG/BULL users and of course would it make available for the ones who want to use it with this mod. :)
Well, I certainly wouldn't want you to be unhappy. :D

I do it up for you as soon as I'm able to, after the BAT release is complete. EF is working in the new unofficial patch as well, so I'd like that to be there, too. That's part of the reason for the wait. I'll email it to you, or post it in the BAT SVN so that you can put it into your wonderful mod. :)

Well, I certainly wouldn't want you to be unhappy. :D

I do it up for you as soon as I'm able to, after the BAT release is complete. EF is working in the new unofficial patch as well, so I'd like that to be there, too. That's part of the reason for the wait. I'll email it to you, or post it in the BAT SVN so that you can put it into your wonderful mod. :)
That would be awesome, thanks! :)

But there is need to rush. ;)

My face when saber

Sai,

I finally completed the DLL for you. It takes care of the Golden Age bug and the GP naming issue. I hope it works right. :please:

View attachment 327785
Thank you for the dll, Lemon. :) However, there seems to be a problem loading the mod with the dll. When I try, I get these:
Spoiler :

I have to add that my game isn't running at its best lately, but at least I don't get these errors if I remove the dll again.

Attachments

• errors.jpg
    errors.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 376
Top Bottom