Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats on reaching 200.

For adding "the" to the wonders, I personally wouldnt add the "the" to them, I think it sounds better without. Much less cluttered. Look at RAR for an example, "the" is only used a few times in it for wonders.

Chukchi Husky said:
Terracotta Army
Sacred River
Temple of the Sun
Temple of Kukulcan
Epic of Gilgamesh
Papal States
Black Stone
Leaning Tower
Temple of Baal
Eiffel Tower
Statue of Liberty
Slave Trade
Moai Statues
Err, don't want to start a fight as English isn't my first language but if these are all used as "Headline" tiltles then surely you can omit the definite article from all of them? Just as Temple Mount is correct, so is Eiffel Tower for example. At least when they are used singularly and not in a complete sentence. Right? :confused:

Byzantines are a very fun civ to play. Their location and UU's alone make them unique enough to stay in the mod. You can't tell me that they're any less important than Portugal, Korea, Austria or a dozen other civs.

But Portugal, Korea, and Austria don't obstruct the expansion of other highly important civs - and you can't say that Byz are more important than Greece, Rome, and Ottomans - all three very influential civs and each having reigned over a huge empire in their time (though admittedly Alexander's empire didn't last nearly as long as Osman's or the Romans'.)

Asclepius said:
Err, don't want to start a fight as English isn't my first language but if these are all used as "Headline" tiltles then surely you can omit the definite article from all of them? Just as Temple Mount is correct, so is Eiffel Tower for example. At least when they are used singularly and not in a complete sentence. Right? :confused:
When thinking up that list, I was thinking of how the wonder is used in a sentence. By itself, it doesn't need "the", but in a sentence they do.

Chukchi Husky said:
When thinking up that list, I was thinking of how the wonder is used in a sentence. By itself, it doesn't need "the", but in a sentence they do.
Thank you, my sanity is restored. :)

Sweet, grammar time!

I cannot believe we are this close to the end

I say put 'the' in only if you really feel like it. Also, is Papal States going to get another bonus besides culture, or is it staying as is (and going obsolete for no reason)?

Aeon221 said:
Also, is Papal States going to get another bonus besides culture, or is it staying as is (and going obsolete for no reason)?

It goes no longer obsolete.

It should give a chance for a cultural winning.
By the way, has anybody ever seen a cultural victory? If not, I may lower the caps.

Rhye said:
It goes no longer obsolete.

It should give a chance for a cultural winning.
By the way, has anybody ever seen a cultural victory? If not, I may lower the caps.
My sister won a 1-city cultural victory in Athens in RoX 0.72. I've never seen a civwide cultural victory.

Do you have any plans to improve the Leaning Tower? It's a waste of shields right now.

Yes Mongolia!

Rhye, is the leaning tower in there because you are Italian, or is there another reason? (PS: I am 1/2 Italian... but 3/2 American ;p)

... and why does it give a defensive bonus? I mean, its tipping over... not exactly a stable platform for battle haha

The leaning tower is in there because it's one of the possible wonders of the new (from 0AD on) world.

The defensive bonus is there because it was an option not used by any other improvement or wonder.
It hasn't a direct link, but has Pyramid-granary link a sense?
However, the defense bonus (to be raised a little) could be linked to the fortress of the high middle ages. Pisa was a free republic; the tower was its symbol. It fell to Florence after a long siege.

Just got back from a long session on my Greece 0.72 game.
-The Statue of Zeus pedia entry says you need Elephants to build it, and you don't.
-The Trireme can go through Sea safely. Is this on purpouse? If it is it should be pointed out in the pedia.
-When a wonder requires a palace the pedia should say you can only build it in your capital, not that it requires a palace.
-I entered the Middle ages first, at around turn 130-140 (forgot to note the exact date at the time.)
-I discovered Printing press at around 1000AD.

Thanks.
I don't need more timeline info, as I've dealing now with the new changes.
In my last game Mongols took the lead and came into Europe. The other superpowers were Russia and America, while France was destroyed early.
Arabia won with 1-city cultural victory, but the strange thing that America was discovered very late, and that after the discover nobody sent a settler there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom