How do you kill a dragon?

CoolGuy5451

Chieftain
Is it me, or are dragons over-powered. I mean seriously, the only stradegy I have for them is reloading whenever a soldier gets scared. (Which is like 80% of the time) or going into worldbuilder and removing their dragon promotion. The grigori have dragon slayers. The problem is? I'm playing as the deviello in a scenario (One of the auric scenarios) I've gotten past that stupid dungeon. But now the dragons have stopped my progress. I killed acheron (with a 23% chance of winning I might add) But now the other 2 dragons are coming down to kill me, and my army is too scared to fight them. Can someone PLEASE tell me how to kill them.

Can shamen use that spell? If so, I'm gonna feel like an idiot.

Throw wave after wave of expendable foot soldiers at them until their stomachs explode from eating so much.

Throw wave after wave of expendable foot soldiers at them until their stomachs explode from eating so much.

YEAH! Screw the courage spell and using sensible catapulting. Internal Organ Failure is the way to go!

Anyways, the reason I didn't know about the courage spell was because I didn't know how mana worked. (And I didn't see the spirit I promotion in the 5 times I checked the civilpedia page. *cough*) But now I know how mana works. So, i'm good now.

the way that works for me is:
spirit I
then :
horsmen / horsearchers / chariots with a lot of first strike promotions / withdrawal
catapults.
and then, send low-level units as sacrifice, until you can get decent odds on a beastmaster/ranger/druid with subdue beast (>60 if you have 2 of those ; >85 otherwise)

/regards

I've never had trouble with any dragon that can't move like Acheron. You have more trouble with his Disciples and all those fireball spells than you do Acheron. Just hit the city with catapults, then a couple of knights. By that time you can pick off all the other units in the city, and then get Big Red and his lovely hoard.

The fireballs are what make it hard. I've had games where they get spell extension II and let me tell you, the fireballs go out a long, long way.

You want assassins to take out acherons entourage before they turn into "disciples",the city will take time to rebuild them.Once they become able to throw fireballs it makes the task of capturing him that much harder.Sidar are ideal for this with their ghosts-which can be upgraded from divided souls.If you get them down the movement line(you need HBR for this)you can go in "hidden",attack,and get out of there in the same turn if you attack diagonally.Although as I said when they become disciples your odds go down alot because of their high defence.

Apart from that Calavente,s method is the one I use-lots of seige/chariots/horses then finish with your beastmaster.A B-line to animal mastery can be a fun way to go as you can build Baron halfmoon on the way and can end up with a dragon led werewolf army.

the only issue is that on one of the modmods... acheron stays leashed with 0 range after capture.
(unless that has been solved)

I was playing a scenario, I've beaten it by now. (three dragons were intimidating at first, but they never used them on me.) Acheron moved, and would've destroyed me, if it wasnt for that army I pre-made before lucian finished the dungeon.

Top Bottom