[FfH II Art Team Blog]

Well, I don't know what is wrong with your nif. But on the misted forest, I did merge tesb's mist into forests and ancient forests. The result is can be seen in game (but static, non moving) mist.

Tesb's is also animated, but somehow when I merged it with the forest, the mist become static.

Tesb's is animated the same way as mine. Both come from Haunted Lands. :p

I actually got it displaying in game, and had the same problem you did; Animated by itself, static with the forest. Easy to fix, though... Simply make the mist node a child of the forest node, rather than the other way around. As soon as I made that switch, the mist began to move. ;)

Ah, good to hear that! Since redoing all forest nifs means working with ~50 files, I'll wait for your 1.3 and steal them all then :D

More reason to wait for your release :lol:

Ah, good to hear that! Since redoing all forest nifs means working with ~50 files, I'll wait for your 1.3 and steal them all then :D

Ran into a problem with forests. The tiling basically causes mist to spread out onto multiple tiles and lose it's animation; In the end, I removed the tiling effect from the feature, using the last nif (which covers the plot) for the feature.

esvath everytime I look into this thread it´s a pleasure to see your work. Some months ago I opened a thread in the modmod subforum discussing ideas about more divers arkebuse unitstyles. But unfortunately noone of us had the needed programs and skill to bring these ideas into a real model.
So maybe if you had the time ;)
A new Bannor arkebuse unit would be awesome. Armored in the same style as the champion, maybe a bit less armored ( without shoulderplates for instance ). This would be the style used in the warhammer mark of chaos intro. In my opinion it would fit to the Bannor army very well.
If you don´t like the idea or simply don´t want to do it it´s ok, but a question is free I think :goodjob:

I have good news and bad news, esvath. The good news (for RifE players): Grey Fox got mist working with forests, resources, etc. Where before it would cover resources, and couldn't be feasibly added to the forest nifs (at least, not by myself :p), now it cooexists nicely with both. Just check the picture. :lol:

The bad news? It's done in the DLL. Basically, we just change the plot's FeatureArtDef... It seems like it should clear the forest, but the art doesn't update completely. Even if you save/reload. We're perfectly okay with it. :lol:

Hey there,

I want to thank you for your massive effort and hope the flood of nice civ4 compatible art won't run dry .. I always looking for appropriate skins and models for my Song of Ice and Fire Modmod and guys like you are so rare! :)

I don't know ... but Master of Mana (website in Sephi's sig), has TONS of textures and art. Maybe some of those will be useful?

PS. do u multiplayer?

I don't know ... but Master of Mana (website in Sephi's sig), has TONS of textures and art. Maybe some of those will be useful?

PS. do u multiplayer?

Yes, my friends and I have been doing multiplayer lately, except we're using a new Tweakmod I'm building. When it's done, I'll release it on here. One of the things I want to do, if possible, is update some of the placeholder units. I was thinking of recoloring Epona from Age of Ice to be the new Mobius Witch, for instance. If you have a link to where I can download models, that'd be great.

Hello there. Id like to remake some models on mechanos civ, and wanted some advice. i couldnt find where its files are, until i guessed mechanos use some models from BTS... its true?

Skin for Feris its horrible, saying it softly :D im aiming to this first, using my old 3Dsmax or maybe buying latest :)lol:). But anyways im looking for a sensei on this xD

Is this post still alive?

Hello there. Id like to remake some models on mechanos civ, and wanted some advice. i couldnt find where its files are, until i guessed mechanos use some models from BTS... its true?

Skin for Feris its horrible, saying it softly :D im aiming to this first, using my old 3Dsmax or maybe buying latest :)lol:). But anyways im looking for a sensei on this xD

Is this post still alive?

if I remember correctly Mechanos were added in Orbis modmod

Thanks, but i found it that same night. Mechanos skins are on the unpacked files ir art folder, subfolder civs.

Thinking on it, i ask: its better having all art packed? unpacked? whats the reason of having it mixed, most packed and a few unpacked?

Also, leaderhead for Mahala is unpacked as Mahala-2, and the original mahala face is weird!

Reviewing mechano´s skins, arent bad at all, except feris, who is suspect is a man (as Eihorn!! :cry:)

Could i ask for a new skin for Feris, and instrucctions about how to change skins in general? i saw a few pretty good on download sections (urd and others) but no idea howto replace or use them.
Mechanos are a nice civ, hard in the beggining, but great in late game.

I reskinned Stephanos in order to make a couple new heroes in my modmod (the Imprimatur Council members Badb and Mikel Dylantyr, the greatest masters of Ice and Fire magic), but would rather them not be mounted units.

I managed to make the horse invisible, but most of my attempts to remove the horse model from the .nif file resulted in the game crashing. A couple of times I managed to delete the horse without a crash, but in those versions the rider was still hovering bowlegged as if still on horseback. Since the horse model might as well have still been there, and since I would rather keep the sceptre, I ended up just using the original cataphractstephanos5.blend.nif but changing basic horse kopie.dds so that the horse was invisible.

Could anyone help me get a unmounted model for Stephanos, preferably one that works with animations that lets them move and fight like an archmage?

edit: I found that using <KFM>Art/Units/Grenadier/Grenadier.kfm</KFM> with the invisible horse gives the unit decent walking and fighting animations, but it still hovers in the air and faces the wrong direction.

Attachments

• BadbInvisibleHorse_20200923_11-25-40.jpg
    BadbInvisibleHorse_20200923_11-25-40.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 140
  • MikelInvisibleHorse_20200923_16-32-24.jpg
    MikelInvisibleHorse_20200923_16-32-24.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
@PPQ_Purple is the only active 3d artist in the ffh area that i know of, so you should probably ask them. Note that if you do manage to have those two done, i'd be interested to have them for AoE too, with your and the artist's permission of course.

Top Bottom