New Unit - Tornado - May 1, 2014

Vuldacon

Dedicated to Excellence
Supporter
This is a Tornado I made that was needed for the Old West Scenario.

Take Care, it will Blow you away :lol:

***Can be used with or without the Cow in the Fidget and Death.
Mix as you prefer.

Tornado Preview
Drop-Default-Run-Attack-Death
(FidgetA With Cow that has a different Palette...seen to the right. Default-FidgetA-Default)

Alternate Flcs:TornadoFidgetB (No Cow) and TornadoDeath (With Cow)
Default-Fidget-Default and TornadoDeathB (With Cow) Default-Attack-Death

Intended for use with Cruise Missile settings.
No Civ Specific Colors.

Game Tested

Included Files:
TornadoLarge.pcx and TornadoSmall.pcx and Alternate Civilopedia images and Large Preview Images.
Tornado_units_32.pcx.
Animations (flcs): TornadoDefault.flc, TornadoRun.flc, TornadoFidgetA.flc, TornadoAttack.flc, TornadoDeathA.flc and TornadoDrop.flc.
New Sounds: TornadoDeathA.wav, TornadoRun.wav, TornadoFidgetA.wav and TornadoDrop.wav.

Alternate Animations with Sounds:( No Cow): TornadoFidgetB.flc, TornadoFidgetB.wav and (With Cow): TornadoDeathB.flc, TornadoDeathB.wav.
Adjusted .ini file.

***You can add or mix the Fidget and Death animations as you prefer. Each have their own sounds. Simply change the .ini file to state the changes.
This is allow the Tornado to be used with or without the Cow in the Fidget and Death animations. Although the different Fidget and Death Flcs use different palettes, the Tornado appears the same in game.

Recommended Settings: (Extreme) 1000 Bombard and 10 Rate of Fire, Long Moves, Operational Range: Long Distance, Zone of Control and Collateral Damage.
Flag Airdrop and Bombard, Set as Cruise Missile and All Terrain as Roads, AI Strategy: Flag Cruise Missile.
If you want the Tornado to be able to capture a city (as a "Nature Unit") you can add as little as 1 Attack and 1Defense. You do Not need to flag "Foot Unit".

Note that due to the Size of the Tornado, it will show beyond the top of the Right Window Box for Units in game. This shows the Magenta Shadows that surround the Tornado. This cannot be avoided
without removing the shadows or replacing them with colors around the Tornado in that area. The Civ Game uses the Default flc, SE direction, 2nd Frame to show units in the Right Window Box for Units.
If the Shadows are removed around the Tornado only for the one frame, the Unit will show a "blink" during the Default animation. Offsets could not be used to lower the Tornado
because it uses the largest Frame size, 240 x 240.

***You can download the Unit Here

Last edited:
Vuldacon, this unit and the idea with the cow - that´s unbelievable :):eek:
It´s a great unit and a great idea! :clap::thumbsup:

You did a great job, Vuldacon! Of course, have to love the poor, flying cow. :goodjob:

And the potential Nature Civ gains a new unit. Excellent work! I assume this is going in Balthasars Wild West?

Keep this up and you'll have PETA at your doorstep someday. ;)

Yes, the Tornado is in The Old West Game Balthasar and I have been working on...For the Nature Civ :cowboy:

Because there are many cattle in The Old West, I thought I would have a Cow animated with the Tornado as a novelty but seen every time for the Tornado Attack-Death becomes old and I am sure people have games were they do not want a Cow with the Tornado at all. So I made and added the Fidget and Death flcs without the Cow for those who prefer to see just the Tornado. I am using the Tornado with the Cow in the Fidget and not the Death.

BTW...No Cow was hurt in the making of the animations and "Ol' Bessie" was happy to participate and enjoyed the ride :lol:

"Deeper issues"? PETA...Where?:hide:

Keep this up and you'll have PETA at your doorstep someday. ;)
The cat wasn't harmed either. It merely went to another dimension probably the ninth. Same as throwing one into a Jacob's Ladder powered by transformers stolen from an electric company. As publicly announced on at least one peer-reviewed late-night syndicated radio talk show.

:lol::lol::lol:....That poor cow....:lol::lol: Now, I have nothing against cows, but that was absolutely hilarious! I really want to implement the tornado in my mod, but I can't think of how. It's almost worth making a new mod just to use this and all the other creative/crazy ideas that have materialized into units. AAAhhh what a good laugh! Brilliant! Made my day. Thanks a lot, Vuldacon!!

Jorsalfare

This is brilliant, I am probably going to throw this in my own personal mod somewhere. Very nice.

Top Bottom