Noob question, where to expand.

OMGFooFighters

Chieftain
Here's my start with the Mayans.

Here are my choices.

South is bare tundra quickly followed by snow.

I'd love to take the wines since I have Goddess of the festivals but that area would take for ever to grow wouldn't it? I did select Tradition. Plus, I'd be forward settling England. Well, returning the favor to be honest. lol East has better growth potential?

Settle the coastal river forest for the wines and go granary first?

Settle there and try to get the fish up and running asap. 6 surplus food from just two tiles is nothing to scoff at.

If you think you'll take long then you can go east first I guess.

I am no expert though, just my thoughts.

Moderator Action: Moved to General Discussions

What game speed is this? Turn 60 and no other cities? You should have built or bought settlers before this if its Standard speed.

Also, what difficulty setting. If it's below Emperor, I'd just stick with one city and go conquering, depending on what is out there. I second the above suggestion that you retake screenshots totally zoomed out.

I would have settled on the plains+wine so that my nave could pass through from one side to the other.
Also zoom out if you want advice.

Depending on the difficulty, just go Liberty and build a bunch of settlers. Send one north as buffer between you and England, and then use the rest to fill up the space between you and Egypt.

What's even more perplexing is that it would seem that the AI Spain and Egypt haven't expanded either by turn 60. :confused:

Isn't that Spain, not England? :confused:

Anyway, I would settle north, it's not perfect, but the best of the two spots as I see it. The mountain range to the west will help you defend against Isabella so your main concern will be the northern border which you should be able to hold.

Note the build time for the scout and the 35 culture for the first policy; this should be epic. :)

Top Bottom