Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

Hello. I exclusively play Civ V in Strategic View Mode (press F11 in-game) as I have an old computer. I am using Community Patch Modpack v4/10beta with EUI (from @Gazebo and @Lynnes; scroll down and click on Beta Downloads link).

In the screenshots, the scout shows one, two and no icons. Other units have one button only. This bug is causing a lot of global unhappiness because of my OCD. :p

Screenshot 1: Scout garrisoned and selected (no icon)
Screenshot 2: Scout on alert and deselected (two icons)
Screenshot 3: Scout on alert and selected (one icon as God intended).

This bug is consistently reproducible across new games and old/saved games. It could be happening with other units; my games haven't progressed yet. I don't know whether this bug is with EUI, or whether it is cropping up in the modpack only (I haven't tried EUI by itself).

The savegame is also attached. Please let me know if I can provide more information in tracking this bug down.

PS: Thanks for your work on this excellent mod. :)

Attachments

• NoIcon.jpg
    NoIcon.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 533
  • OneIcon.jpg
    OneIcon.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 555
  • TwoIcons.jpg
    TwoIcons.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 320
  • AutoSave_0012 BC-3520.Civ5Save
    642.6 KB · Views: 118
Could you maybe put the strategic resources into a drop down menu of some sort? I find that near the end of the game I have so many that they splurge over into the GPT counter.

Bug: If I capture a city and choose not to Annex it at the time, I am unable to Annex the city later. The button just does not seem to work. It will remain permanently a puppet for me.

Hi ! This mod looks nice.
However, I don't like the highlighted hexagons when hovering a city with the mouse cursor.
Which directory should I delete so this effect doesn't happen anymore ?

And a question : what do the dark blue hexagons mean in the city view ?

Hi ! This mod looks nice.
However, I don't like the highlighted hexagons when hovering a city with the mouse cursor.
Which directory should I delete so this effect doesn't happen anymore ?

And a question : what do the dark blue hexagons mean in the city view ?

Welcome to the forums! :cool:

CityBanners folder for the first. Dark blue are tiles controlled by another city, with two different icons depending on if the other city is actually working the tile (circle type arrow if yes). You can click on the icon to transfer control to the current city (and the other city will no longer be able to work that tile).

Hey guys, I recently bought a 4k monitor and I have a problem with the interface that is too small now. Is there any workaround for this issue? It seems like the auto-interface-scaling isn't working..

Hey guys, I recently bought a 4k monitor and I have a problem with the interface that is too small now. Is there any workaround for this issue? It seems like the auto-interface-scaling isn't working..

Civ on 4k sounds awesome :cool:

As you posted here, are you only seeing this issue with EUI? Also I guess it's worth checking that you didn't tick Use Small Scale Interface at some point and forgot it.

As far as I know, there is no interface scaling, just a choice of two sizes. I know it uses the small one on my standard HD monitor, but I don't know how high the resolution needs to be before the larger interface kicks in (anybody?). Obviously it should do before 4k!!! I did wonder if, in fact, in always uses the small interface as it does for HD.

It would be a pity if you had to turn the resolution down to play civ :(

Civ on 4k sounds awesome :cool:

As you posted here, are you only seeing this issue with EUI? Also I guess it's worth checking that you didn't tick Use Small Scale Interface at some point and forgot it.

As far as I know, there is no interface scaling, just a choice of two sizes. I know it uses the small one on my standard HD monitor, but I don't know how high the resolution needs to be before the larger interface kicks in (anybody?). Obviously it should do before 4k!!! I did wonder if, in fact, in always uses the small interface as it does for HD.

It would be a pity if you had to turn the resolution down to play civ :(
Thanks for the hint. I will have a look at the game this evening. I didn't test the game without EUI, maybe this will work and we can find a solution for EUI then. I haven't checked "Use Small Scale Interface", but I noticed no difference between activating and deactivating the option to scale the UI in conjunction with the resolution.

Hello everybody,

I'm currently running the latest version of both Civ5 + UIE on an Ubuntu 15.10 machine.
The mod generally works as expected, but for some reason the game keeps randomly crashing every couple of turns, and always while it's the AI's turn. The game doesn't throw any errors - are there any kind of log files I could check to see which part of the mod is causing the issue?

Running the game without the mod works perfectly fine. I also tried to remove the unitpanel and minimap modules as suggested sometime earlier in this thread, but to no avail :(

Does anyone have an idea on how to narrow this down further? Can't play my beloved Civ without EUI :(

Ok I tested it again and there is no difference. It seems like the game is not scaling the UI if the resolution is larger than "whatever". So with or without EUI there is no difference by activating or deactivating the scaling option. If I remember, I am very sure that my 30" at 2560x1600 was able to scale the UI up. Maybe Civ 5 is only scaling the interface up to 2k resolution.

Here is a screenshot of the game, so it will always looks the same no matter what I do:
http://imgur.com/cyO8pHQ

Maybe you can see the problem. The font size is as small as hell. I stick to the monitor like glue if I want to read something on my 28". Would it be possible for the EUI Team to find a solution for 4k? I would suggest a UI increase in size by 100% for a 4k resolution. I don't know how the game recognizes the resolution and how it decides if it should increase the UI size, but doubling the UI for everything that has a res of 3840Xxxxx would be ok, imo.

EDIT:
Ok, If I set the resolution to 2k (2560x1440), the UI scaling will not work, too.

I have been using the EUI for a long time now and I really love it. Recently I started getting an issue where the tool tip timer gets seemingly set to zero so that wherever I move my mouse it is immediately showing a tool tip which gets really annoying. The simple workaround is to open the options panel, and then cancel without making any changes and the issue goes away. I have no idea what's triggering it, but it started happening a couple week ago. Has the mod been updated recently?

Estebanium,
The main problem with 4k Hi-Res factors is that Civ5 doesn't natively support it.. so by deduction, even EUI woudn't adapt to whichever scaling the basic engine has to provide for.

Although, not all hope is lost in case of 4k re-calibration... but most of the acrobatics must be performed via the VCard drivers and how some options could mimic a pure 4k rendering process -- virtually.
Not sure what Video-Card you have and if so, what your drivers could handle... i know NVidia has given indirect 4k provisions on their high-end cards though; http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/geforce-344-48-whql-driver-released.

Link to video.

Estebanium,
The main problem with 4k Hi-Res factors is that Civ5 doesn't natively support it.. so by deduction, even EUI woudn't adapt to whichever scaling the basic engine has to provide for.

Although, not all hope is lost in case of 4k re-calibration... but most of the acrobatics must be performed via the VCard drivers and how some options could mimic a pure 4k rendering process -- virtually.
Not sure what Video-Card you have and if so, what your drivers could handle... i know NVidia has given indirect 4k provisions on their high-end cards though; http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/geforce-344-48-whql-driver-released.

Link to video.
What a pity. I hoped that it would be possible to just scale the menus a bit, so there would be a special version for 4k users. On the one hand it would just look terrible on anything below 4k, but on the other hand it would perfectly fit to 4k monitors. Yes I know the DSR feature and my card can handle this feature, but it will not provide the quality of native 4k because it will be downsampled to 2k (my ingame resolution)..

Problems here with Ubuntu 16.04. Extracted with zip forcing all lower case) and installed into the correct folders. Civ crashes to the desktop randomly. On my first game it was as son as I hit "B" to found a city. I restarted Civ and loaded the same start - was able to found my city and play a few turns before it happened again.

I am a former software developer and happy to help with diagnosis if I can, but so far there's been no discernible pattern to the issue.

Ubuntu crash update. The next playthrough lasted 20 turns before the crash. The crash occurred while I was scrolling (using the keyboard) to bring my capital into view.

Love this mod! It's the only one I use. And I see it being used everywhere now.

I do have a question. Tried searching for the answer and even figuring it out myself with no luck yet. How do you enable the advanced Tool Tip #2 to display when not hovering over my own territory. That info is so useful to a non-pro like me, I want it always on. For example, when planning an expansion; I can plan which techs, policies, or pantheon.

I looked through the lua code and I can't figure out why Tool Tip #2 shows over your territory but not when the mouse is not over your territory.

Any help you can give would be very much appreciated!!

Hi, I really like EUI, but I'm facing a problem...

Yellow marked overlapping popup is appearing no matter where I hover my mouse pointer!

I'm on PC win10x64. Game version 1.0.3.279. EUI version 1.28g.

Please let me know what to do. Thanks.

I am using Flags+++ and have removed the citybannermanager file from the Flags+++ mod.

However with EUI the logos don't always come in right.

I have looked at EUIs citybanner files but can't figure out what needs to change.

Anyone have any ideas????

http://postimg.org/image/5pyvs8l1d/

SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love this mod! It's the only one I use. And I see it being used everywhere now.

I do have a question. Tried searching for the answer and even figuring it out myself with no luck yet. How do you enable the advanced Tool Tip #2 to display when not hovering over my own territory. That info is so useful to a non-pro like me, I want it always on. For example, when planning an expansion; I can plan which techs, policies, or pantheon.

I looked through the lua code and I can't figure out why Tool Tip #2 shows over your territory but not when the mouse is not over your territory.

Any help you can give would be very much appreciated!!

I can't replicate the bug yet. I'm trying to find when the bug happens, so I'm auto-saving on every turn, in my current playthrough - the bug has already taken place. I thought re-verifying civ5 on steam and reinstalling the mod would fix it, but it made the bug happen on turn 2. So if you need that logfile, I can post it.

I found a temporary solution, the extra info (Tip #2) will show up when you are in a city screen, so then you are able to scroll around all over the world to get ToolTip #2 to show up. But once you close the city screen, ToolTip #2 doesn't show up for any area that isn't under your control.

If anybody has the previous version of the mod, I'd love to test that as well. I'm here to help where I can.

Thanks.

Top Bottom