The Hundred Years' War for Civ5

I think I've been following the correct procedure, but I continue to have the same problems.

I enable the mod (v. 9) in the mod browser (and no others), select "Hundred Years War 1" on the advanced set-up menu, and check the button to "Load Scenario" on the set-up menu. I have no other versions of the mod currently installed. Playing around with it, I see that both Charles and Phillip are available on the advanced set-up menu. Is that the only way to select them?

It should all work without the advanced setup. Just click the map chooser and scroll down until you find a hundred years war scenario. Then there should be only 3 leaders to choose from.

nice job with this! I'll be sure to try it after the next patch (I'm refusing to play civ5 until then). Looking forward to your other mods as well!

No problem, Zen Blade. It's all new stuff this, and we modders need to help each other out :)

Thanks again for managing my "customer relations", Lazy Knight. Much appreciated :goodjob: i hope you get it working OK, Bmass. Keep reporting if you run into more stuff.

Hey, Shiggs, and thanks. I remember you commented on my first mod ever for Civilization 4 as well, funnily enough named The Hundred Years' War that one also. Here we are again. :)

I love this Scenarios/Mod allready, hoping it will improve anyway.

Okay, if you want feedback, you shall get it ;)

• France starts with -1 Iron (1354 scenario)

Same with England in "The defence of Paris" scenario. It is easy to handle for human layer, but what about AI-England? I dont know.

• French Knights do not need a ressource, making them immensly powerful
  • Heavy Swordsmen don't need a ressource, and are weaker than swordsmen, and lack a description

Just want to add: French Knights also don't have special abilities. Normal Knights still have. Not sure if this is intentional.

Le Sage, do you want a list of Great Persons (Traders, Generals(!) Artists and Engeneers) for this mod - or for the Skeletton Mod? I've allready started to fill a list, but its much harder then I tought first. Of cource, it's just flavour - but I personally would love to get fitting medieval european Generals instead of chinese ones or Rommel, Nelson and so on.

Hmm, DLed via hub and installed, yet doesn´t show up in Installed mods. Should I try manual install instead?

Yes. Please do try that. I dunno about the hub, but it has been working badly lately and I don't like it at all anymore. It seems to be very moody.

Wow this looks amazing. I've only played the Civ V demo, getting it here within the next week or so, but I'm definitely going to try this mod out asap. :)

Was able to successfully manually extract the Mod into proper folder and enable in Mods section of Civ5. I am even able to select a map and tick the Load Scenario check box however upon loading the game I am immediately presented with the window that means the game is over. Displays INFO, DEMOGRAPHICS, RANKING and HALL OF FAME.

Only available option is to EXIT TO MAIN MENU, the "Wait!..." button is not enabled.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that it occurs when attempting to open the first two Hundred Year War maps. I have not tried opening any of the other maps.

Didn't see Le Sage for long time, so I'm trying to help. Anway, it's pure guessing: do you own the Inca/Spain DLC? If so, just try to deactivate. I get the feeling there went somethign wrong with maps and mods. But maybe im wrong and its just some other DLC/mod on your system - or soething completly different. Maybe you should just try to choose England/France/Burgundy(?) manualy ;)

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping someone else might have come across something similar by now. This would be my first enabled mod so I highly doubt that a conflict with another mod would be the issue (although I did notice that Mongols appears to have been installed... seem to remember a free update or something).

Odd thing is that today Map 5 for the Hundred Years War appears to be working. I need to go back and test Maps 1 and 2.

Hey, DeadMetal. I've been away from the Civilization modding a bit, and am now busy with modding another game, but I am however planning an update of this Hundred Years' War mod as soon as I have time for it. Did you solve your problem?

Thanks also, HenryMCVII for helping out.

Hi

First thx Le Sage

Downloaded the Mod (ver9) from civfanatics, activated it, and started playing... everything worked fine, until it got late and i saved and went to bed. Now i can´t load the again :mad:

Al i get is:

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Users\Anton\Saved Games\civ V\CivilizationV_DX11.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

OK

Tried a new game, but after save and reload the same result... any ideas.

Is this mod still alive? Doesn't seem to work now that the new patch for civ in March was released?

I'm sorry, but this project is unfortunately considered discontinued. I am not modding or even playing Civilization 5 anymore. I had some fun creating this mod, and I gave Civ 5 a shot, but I've moved on to modding games I do like now and won't return to Civ 5.

The mod doesn't work anymore? A real pity really. I will then remove it from the ModDB-page I had set up for it as well.

I do not have Civ5 yet, but I would like to work on one for civ4 sometime.

Top Bottom