Project SYNTHESIS

Just loaded up my very first Synthesis save! I found some things that made me happy:

Some things that surprised me:

(Persian respawn - nice! :goodjob: )

And some things that made me go "I'm 12 and what is this"

Le scoreboard:

The scary part is, Germany isn't collapsing. :eek: Say, is there any way I could play as the respawned Persians? Seems like an interesting game.

Spoiler :

Playing a game as the Persians when I suddenly notice this.

Not only does that Carthaginian Stack to the left have no boat, they also have some rather odd units in there (Christian Inquisitors?)

This is VERY unusual. Not sure what's causing this. Mind sending me the save?

i tried v2 after v1 and the historic victory glitch and got this error message

Victory_diplomatic in info class was incorrect

CIV4BuildingInfo.xml

anything i can do to fix or am i destined to never get to play civ 4 :( lol

it worked in the end but just curious as to what i can do to to remove the error, it pops up a couple of times before startup

I'll have it fixed next version. For now, ignore it.

Beware of the unforeseen consequences :old:
For example with the dutch UHV asking you to have 7 spice ressources. :crazyeye:

This is very true.

Is India still starts on Dilli in Ancient Age here ?
I've got a solution, I think, using the 'Various resources' mod..
At ancient age, India starts near the Indus river..
to the east of the Indus river, cities like what now is Colcatta etc is filled with Jungle, and as era increased, the Jungle are gone and can be settled there..
what do you think ?
It's one of the idea I thought I'm going to sent you via PM as I stated in the citynamemanager development thread but I think its better to be publicly known so well Everybody can give response haha
-Peace ^^v

I already have Panopticon's Dynamic Terrain modmod, which changes part of the Indus to flood plains and some jungles to forest (so they're settleable). If you can compile a list of a suggestions, I'll be happy to include them, provided they're reasonable.

I don't think thats a good idea. As ive said earlier the Indian spawn should be at Pataliputra becuz of 2 reasons:
1) An India around the Indus will tend to spread westwards into Persian territory.
2) Pataliputra was the cultural and political heart of India. It was the capital of most of the Ancient Indian dynasties and Hinduism emerged from the region.

Besides, with the new added resources on the ganges the region should be better.

Agreed.

Just loaded up my very first Synthesis save! I found some things that made me happy:

Spoiler :

Indeed, colonialism is much more likely to do map changes.

And some things that made me go "I'm 12 and what is this"
Spoiler :

Le scoreboard:

The scary part is, Germany isn't collapsing. :eek: Say, is there any way I could play as the respawned Persians? Seems like an interesting game.

Sadly this is a bug in DoC/ RFC. Should be fixed by splitting the HRE into Prussia/ the HRE, which will happen eventually.

That's no bug. It's a feature! :D

How is the progress on resource placing and balancing, Ar they going to be included soon?

Do u want a list on Potato and Timber spawn and spread. All the other resources just need to be implemented right (or am i missing anything)

Adding/spawning/balancing/removing resources and fixing their consequences is bigger challange then it first appeared. I think feedback and help from alot ppl is needed to make this work.

i have tried a few games on v 0.1 and here are some of the things i found.
Spoiler :

a roman gally just sailed straight into a plantation :confused:.

i think this has been spotted before but swimming Phoenicians.

i think i took this due to the funny catholic spread but also notice the city in turkey which rome has spawned with in every one of my games.

i don't think this is a bug but losing 4 battles at around 70% makes me mad :mad:.
(it was the same axeman as well)

Can't get it to come up on the load screen.. Probably because this is the first modmod I've downloaded, lol.

Tried to search guides to do it, found one for rmods and just tried it. Didn't work. Am I doing something wrong?

did u try going in synthesis and opening the public map and clicking on 3000 bc or 600 ad map

Did you added the mod mod like you add a normal mod?

did u try going in synthesis and opening the public map and clicking on 3000 bc or 600 ad map

The mod currently isn't on my "load mod" screen, so no.

Edit: actually, I misunderstood. Trying that now.

I did as said, at first there's an error saying it was ignoring the command, but then civ would start up. It'd show may the civ selection display, but most of the civs from the regular RFC 600ad start aren't there. And start times for civs that are there don't show. When I tried starting the game as Byzantines, it closes and a error message comes up saying civ has stopped working.

Did you added the mod mod like you add a normal mod?

Yes, at least to my greatest understanding of adding a mod.

I get that far with most mods I try actually, but it ceases to show on the "load a mod" display.

I'm being super-OCD and changing the dynamic civ names to more accurate ones ala Dumanios. Is there a way that I can keep the edited files from getting overwritten whenever I update or revert the SVN (other than backing them up somewhere else on my computer)?
Also, any chance of including them in the mod when I'm done? :p

I just realized I haven't downloaded the latest RFC update. Could that be the cause?

I've tried to download it before though, to no avail.

That's no bug. It's a feature! :D

That Germany's overpowered? :confused:

How is the progress on resource placing and balancing, Ar they going to be included soon?

Do u want a list on Potato and Timber spawn and spread. All the other resources just need to be implemented right (or am i missing anything)

Adding/spawning/balancing/removing resources and fixing their consequences is bigger challange then it first appeared. I think feedback and help from alot ppl is needed to make this work.

Potato, yes, but timber doesn't really "spread." Some info on where timber can be found would be good.
I'm working on the resources, but first I want to fix these bugs people are reporting.

i have tried a few games on v 0.1 and here are some of the things i found.
Spoiler :

a roman gally just sailed straight into a plantation :confused:.

i think this has been spotted before but swimming Phoenicians.

i think i took this due to the funny catholic spread but also notice the city in turkey which rome has spawned with in every one of my games.

i don't think this is a bug but losing 4 battles at around 70% makes me mad :mad:.
(it was the same axeman as well)

1)This is intended. Plantations now act as cities for combat purposes.
2)Again, a save would be helpful.
3)They probably conquer it, not spawn with it
4)Sorry mate, everybody has a streak of bad luck every now and then.

Can't get it to come up on the load screen.. Probably because this is the first modmod I've downloaded, lol.

Spoiler :

Tried to search guides to do it, found one for rmods and just tried it. Didn't work. Am I doing something wrong?

Not sure what the issue is. Anyone else?

Let me try 3000bc start from the public maps then, see if that works.

Edit: Nope.

Let me try 3000bc start from the public maps then, see if that works.
did u update bts to the newest version.
This is intended. Plantations now act as cities for combat purposes.
And boats on plantations might be an overkill. What exactly do plantations do? i still havent figured it out

I downloaded Synthesis, and the file came up on a temporary folder location. I copyied it in to Firaxis Games>Civ4>BTS>Mods

I went to the Advanced option on BTS to load it, but it wasn't an option to load.

It's still in the Mods folder of BTS.

Here wat i did:

Installed Bts to download folder
Unzipped it
Cut the unzipped folder and pasted to the mod folder in Bts
Went to the map folder in Synthesis (once pasted in mods)
clicked on 600ad
started playing

I never used an unzip program, that's probably it.

But it never gave me an option to unzip it in the first place when I right-clicked.

Top Bottom