Project SYNTHESIS

Youtien- That doesn't sound like a good idea.

In other news, a SVN update later tonight, after I add something whose contents I prefer to keep a mystery right now to heighten the anticipation.

In the meanwhile, can you guys brainstorm Arab UP's for me? It's kinda important. I think there were some some pages back but I really don't want to dig back again.

I get a TXT_KEY error with Iran. It shows up as something like TXT_KEY_IRAN8.

Yup. I have't finished the dynamic names of Iran since I'm gonna redo the whole system very soon anyways and it would have been a waste of my time. Ignore it for now.

In the meanwhile, can you guys brainstorm Arab UP's for me? It's kinda important. I think there were some some pages back but I really don't want to dig back again.

-Conquer (or settle) Mesopotamia, Levant, Egypt, Persia, Central Asia, Spain, Libya and the Maghreb (2 cities minimum) by 900 AD.

-Make Baghdad the largest and most productive city in the world and build the following: Dome of the Rock, La Meszique, Spiral Minarat,Imam Hussain Mosque (in Baghdad), an Acadamy in Baghdad (to represent the House of Wisdom) and the Kabaa by 1150-1200 ad.

-Be the tech leader in 1300 ad.

The reason I replaced the spread the Islam to 40% of the world is that with all these extra civilizations it becomes a whole lot easier for that to happen; for example:

-Leoreth has made a partial system where Islam is likely to spread to Indonesia after a certain date; Indonesia grows pretty big.
-Having an Egyptian Civ means that there will be more and larger cities in Egypt (growing Islam).
-You and/or Leoreth plan on adding the Mughals which will make Islam a whole lot more larger with Indias population.
-Leoreth plans on adding a Morrocan Civilization.
-The Seljuks spread Islam to all the cities missed by the Arabs.

I think my current goals are pretty good, historical and gameplay wise challanging

PS. Please rename the Meszique into Ummayad Mosque

Might as well let the cat out of the bag, since perhaps it'll help you find a better UP

SoI's massacre the heathens is about 90% implemented right now

But that doesnt matter; how does the Soi's massacre thing spread Islam and how does it give the Arabs temples or mosques. It just onderpowers the Arabs a bit thats all.

Forgot to mention, I'm adding a feature to SoI's massacre system that not only removes other religions, it also adds your religion

So the Arab UP would be reduced to just getting free buildings... rather pathetic, really

EDIT: And certain religions can't do them. And there's civic requirements.

Yup. I have't finished the dynamic names of Iran since I'm gonna redo the whole system very soon anyways and it would have been a waste of my time. Ignore it for now.

How so? Interesting.

Forgot to mention, I'm adding a feature to SoI's massacre system that not only removes other religions, it also adds your religion

So the Arab UP would be reduced to just getting free buildings... rather pathetic, really

EDIT: And certain religions can't do them. And there's civic requirements.

To be honest; Im rather not psyched about this this kind of thing; it fit perfectly into SOIs Middle Eastern theme but not so much in Synthesis. I mean what do you hope to accomplish with this and what areas would it make better. I mean the only areas that I can think of is the Arabs in the Middle East and Safavids in Persia. The former has a rather nice UHV that combats it and for the later its part of the challange.

-Europe doesnt need it since its greatest religous problems stem from distant religions spreading into their land not conquest. The persecuters already solve this problem.

-On the contrary, I see some problems that may arise from your system. After the Europeans civs colonize (if they comply with the requirements) they will spread their religion to all of India and IndoChina. And this will also make Asian warfare much more ahistorical as Korea or Japan will decide to exterminate religions. The basic problem with this concept is that it is only applicable towards Middle Eastern and Early European Warfare and since we are not representing European conversion of Christianity from Hellenism this warfare is unapplicable to Europe (with the exception of Reconquista which again is not represented). So the only place it is really applicable is the Middle EAst and there is already an excellent system in place there.

Just a question: can you get rid of preset state religions? It bothers me that even if I work as India (for novelty) to spread Buddhism everywhere into Europe, when I switch to Spain I still get Catholicism. I want a weirdo Buddhist Europe, damnit!

A question which has nothing to do with the fascinating suggestions that are spreading here... but since global warming mod is included (i love it), i'd like to know if "rising seas/melting pole-caps" feature is implemented as well and working (i think it is part of global warming mod, but not sure). I guess it is a very nice addition for realism, expecially in a very late game and after the world has been pollutioned (in real life pole caps are melting at a very fast rate).

Thanks, keep going with this awesome mod!

How so? Interesting.

Using SoI's system. In game you won't notice anything different (least not by that much). But behind the scenes (in other words, in the code) the SoI system is superior.

To be honest; Im rather not psyched about this this kind of thing; it fit perfectly into SOIs Middle Eastern theme but not so much in Synthesis. I mean what do you hope to accomplish with this and what areas would it make better. I mean the only areas that I can think of is the Arabs in the Middle East and Safavids in Persia. The former has a rather nice UHV that combats it and for the later its part of the challange.

-Europe doesnt need it since its greatest religous problems stem from distant religions spreading into their land not conquest. The persecuters already solve this problem.

-On the contrary, I see some problems that may arise from your system. After the Europeans civs colonize (if they comply with the requirements) they will spread their religion to all of India and IndoChina. And this will also make Asian warfare much more ahistorical as Korea or Japan will decide to exterminate religions. The basic problem with this concept is that it is only applicable towards Middle Eastern and Early European Warfare and since we are not representing European conversion of Christianity from Hellenism this warfare is unapplicable to Europe (with the exception of Reconquista which again is not represented). So the only place it is really applicable is the Middle EAst and there is already an excellent system in place there.

1) The Safavids certainly need it. So do the Seljuks and Ottomans to stop Orthodox Turkey. Sure, for the Safavids it's a "challenge" but the AI inevitably ends up being Islamic. And with the Arabs I'd rather not see all present religions eliminated, thank you very much. For example 10% of Egypt is Coptic Christian today, that warrants at least one Egyptian city retaining the religion. Arab UHV mechanics tell us that Egypt is actually 100% Islamic today.

2) Didn't you want a Moorish civ?

3) This is solved by stopping all massacring after 1600 in the East

I had basically finished when I read this post. Nonetheless I have commented out the relevant structures in the code and I will return to it at a later date.

SVN'ing now, then starting on the Inquisitor AI.

Just a question: can you get rid of preset state religions? It bothers me that even if I work as India (for novelty) to spread Buddhism everywhere into Europe, when I switch to Spain I still get Catholicism. I want a weirdo Buddhist Europe, damnit!

I'd rather not, this can be bad for all the other games where there ISN'T Buddhist Europe.

A question which has nothing to do with the fascinating suggestions that are spreading here... but since global warming mod is included (i love it), i'd like to know if "rising seas/melting pole-caps" feature is implemented as well and working (i think it is part of global warming mod, but not sure). I guess it is a very nice addition for realism, expecially in a very late game and after the world has been pollutioned (in real life pole caps are melting at a very fast rate).

Thanks, keep going with this awesome mod!

I think I said it before bu it ISN'T in. Not sure what you're playing.

I will get to that eventually though.

1) The Safavids certainly need it. So do the Seljuks and Ottomans to stop Orthodox Turkey. Sure, for the Safavids it's a "challenge" but the AI inevitably ends up being Islamic. And with the Arabs I'd rather not see all present religions eliminated, thank you very much. For example 10% of Egypt is Coptic Christian today, that warrants at least one Egyptian city retaining the religion. Arab UHV mechanics tell us that Egypt is actually 100% Islamic today.

2) Didn't you want a Moorish civ?

3) This is solved by stopping all massacring after 1600 in the East

4) the only point u have is the Ottomans and its highly likely that the Seljuk spawn solved that problem too; did it Linkman?

I had basically finished when I read this post. Nonetheless I have commented out the relevant structures in the code and I will return to it at a later date.

SVN'ing now, then starting on the Inquisitor AI.

1) You are wrong the Safavid Ai gets persecutors and missionaries which means that they stay Shia in most if not all games.

2) The Seljuks do remove all other state religion on conquest and spread Islam. This means that you will no longer see an Orthodox Turkey; i can't confirm but I would assume this since the Seljuks would spread Islam to Anatoloia and remove Orthodoxy.
And with the Arabs I'd rather not see all present religions eliminated, thank you very much. For example 10% of Egypt is Coptic Christian today, that warrants at least one Egyptian city retaining the religion. Arab UHV mechanics tell us that Egypt is actually 100% Islamic today.
There were also Muslim Kingdom in Russia, Spain, Italy, Greece and Eastern Europe. And there were also great number of Christians in Syria, Lebanon, Palestine and Egypt who until the Abbasid Era were the majority of the Inhabitants. That said it would be silly to represent all of the Christians and Muslim minorities. So I propose the following:

Presence of Orthodoxy in Alexandria and Constantinople even after Arab, Seljuk, Ottoman conquests.

Presence of Islam in Southern Russia (Crimea), Eastern European Russia (Kazan) and to represent the Turkic Khagantes that ruled the region.

These suggestion would represent the Coptic (Christians) and Tatar (Muslims) minorities of each region.

1) Thought we were having the Egyptian respawn expand into Sicily anyways, at least in the UHV
2)Adding a Moorish civ
3)Arabian culture usually nabs Cyprus anyways
4)These random khanates, are, in my mind, represented well enough by the Mongols. It's not uncommon for Islam to spread to Russia via the Mongols.

Speaking of which:

Civ4ScreenShot0093.JPGCiv4ScreenShot0094.JPG

And the SVN is done committing.

1) Thought we were having the Egyptian respawn expand into Sicily anyways, at least in the UHV
Thats for the Human to conquer the region and spread Islam there if "they want to". That can apply to any territory.
2)Adding a Moorish civ
Good, but only let the Moors have one city in Southern Iberia; which should be Seville.

3)Arabian culture usually nabs Cyprus anyways
Did i say Cyprus; I meant Crete

4)These random khanates, are, in my mind, represented well enough by the Mongols. It's not uncommon for Islam to spread to Russia via the Mongols.
Do they also spread it to Bulgaria, Romania and Poland?

That said I dont have a problem with Orthodoxy staying Alexandria (to represent the Egyptian Copts) and Jerusalem (to represent Christianity in Palestine and Lebanon) but that said; what you (a few posts back) and Danwood suggested was to take out the religous replacement out of the Arab UHV althogether which would be ahistorical and harmful to the gameplay.

So here is my idea:
1) Alexandria and Jerusalem spawn with Orthodoxy and Orthodoxy stays in these cities after flip (should'nt be too hard to edit it in python)
2) Islam spawn in Barbarian Kazan (city that spawns in Russia in late Middle Ages)

Also, are you going to add penalties for having two religions or is it already added.

Found a bug in the newest SVN version. When I started a 600AD game as Turkey, I was immediately defeated.

EDIT: And again with the Dutch on a 3000 BC start.

Top Bottom