Project Eternity

I just discovered this game. I totally missed this game coming out, and I missed this thread too apparently.

First impressions are it is not as good as Baldur's Gate. Which is sad, because a game in 2015 cannot be made as well as a game in 1998. The outdoor maps are smaller than BG's outdoor maps, and the pathfinding worse. That said, it's still a pretty fun game, and I'm enjoying it.

I haven't decided on the expansions, are they worth it? Any thoughts on the expansions?

Edér sounds so much like a character from Fallout: New Vegas I had to look it up. It isn't the same voice actor. He sounds so much like Deputy Beagle from Fallout: New Vegas, but it's not the same guy.

It's difficult to figure out which weapons are better. A unique war bow with higher damage, or a unique pistol with lower damage but more DR bypass.

This game can be ridiculously hard at times. I don't have the stats to finish the quest Sacrificial Bloodlines in a peaceful way, and taking on all those guys at once has been impossible for me, even on easy level. I really hate to drop it down to storytime mode, but I see no other way past this quest.

I've had a few other tough battles, but I've managed to level up high enough to make them fairly easy. The exception being the Bounty: Sserkal (many nasty Vithracks). I couldn't get past this battle either without lowering the difficulty level.

The game frustrates me at times because I have all these cool spells, but I often can't cast them because my wizard is disabled in some way whenever I want to cast a spell. And I really wish they hadn't used D&D style spell casting. Every spell should be per encounter, not per rest. It's nearly impossible to defend my wizard and priest in some encounters (notably the above 2 encounters mentioned).

Very frustrated with this game right now. I'm level 12, and maxed out, I should just finish the game and ignore the quests in my quest log. And no, I'm not going to do Sacificial Bloodlines the evil way (too late anyways since I cleared out that one place).

Top Bottom