DLL - Various Mod Comps + Civ IV Diplo + CSD mods

I tried cep, whowards v50, csd 23 and i have this wierd thing happening, im getting my butt kicked early on:lol:. I then noticed that the AI new cities were starting out at size 4! This is very early in the game, like there second city. What is going on here?

I tried cep, whowards v50, csd 23 and i have this wierd thing happening, im getting my butt kicked early on:lol:. I then noticed that the AI new cities were starting out at size 4! This is very early in the game, like there second city. What is going on here?

That's the new difficulty mechanism from CSD. That can be edited in the options.sql file. The default value is 2, so set it at 1 to make things a bit easier. I removed the free techs from difficulties above prince and gave the AI other bonuses that make them more competitive in the early game.
Cheers,
G

+4 size cities! wow. do the cities have any buildings?

No, though later settlers (pioneers and colonists) come with free buildings. There are lists of these buildings in the latest patch notes for CSD v23. You can also edit the list in the CSD mod folder (SettlerMod->SettlerFreeBuildings.xml).

The rationale behind the city-size boost is to encourage early AI science and production without simply giving them free technologies. This makes them actually competitive in real gameplay terms, rather than just making them technologically-advanced for a little while. As I said, this value can be edited (or turned off entirely, for a vanilla experience). Generally, you'll have a better shot at early-game wonders, however the AI will get better and better as the game goes along, so don't dally! :)
G

I'm just now starting to use your MOD's and I'm a little confused on how to turn things on or off.

Using this as an example:
<!-- Ranged units are always able to move AND shoot on the same turn and should not attack over and over a city with 1 HP remaining. (v51) -->
<Row Class="6" Name="AI_SMART_RANGED_UNITS" Value="0"/>

Would I change the value of the "0" to a "1" or a "6" or is this already turned on?

I'm just now starting to use your MOD's and I'm a little confused on how to turn things on or off.
You shouldn't be editing the file at all, but using the mods that provide the features from my web-site

RTFM:
"See also: Mod Name" refers to mods on www.picknmixmods.com
Any option with a "See also" and a default value of 0 should not be enabled directly in this file but only via a mod

Can I use your mod (and Civ IV Diplomacy Features and City-State Diplomacy) together with RED, smart AI, more luxuries, less warmonger and info addict?

Thanks

Can I use your mod (and Civ IV Diplomacy Features and City-State Diplomacy) together with RED, smart AI, more luxuries, less warmonger and info addict?
R.E.D. Modpack is OK (in fact, it shouldn't conflict with any mod), but not the R.E.D. WWII scenario, if that's what you mean.

Smart AI is a DLL mod, so... no, but see the OP; most of Smart AI's functions are now included in v51, but you need to use whoward69's "AI - Smart" micro mod, and not the original Smart AI mod.

As for the others, More Luxuries should be fine. I'm not sure about Less Warmonger and Info Addict, but I imagine they'd be OK as well.

Info Addict is fine as long as you don't use the 34/43/62 civs version of the DLL, as IA wasn't built with higher-than-basegame civ numbers in mind and it gets all wonky if you go with 23 or above.

Thanks

I wouldn't use 'less warmonger' - CSD makes quite a few changes to modify warmonger values, and it might cause wonky behavior.
G

That's the new difficulty mechanism from CSD. That can be edited in the options.sql file. The default value is 2, so set it at 1 to make things a bit easier. I removed the free techs from difficulties above prince and gave the AI other bonuses that make them more competitive in the early game.
Cheers,
G

Where is that? I tried to change it but since nothing I did seemed to change it I needed up deleting the sql file that controls the new difficulty settings (I like to have them controlled by CEP anyway).

\Skodkim

Thanks

I use less warmonger with no noticeable effects. I am currently using 167 mods of which 18 are not downloaded from WHoward's site.

Where is that? I tried to change it but since nothing I did seemed to change it I needed up deleting the sql file that controls the new difficulty settings (I like to have them controlled by CEP anyway).

\Skodkim

You should be able to turn off the difficulty settings via an option in the options.sql file. I believe it is just CSD_DIFFICULTY.

Top Bottom