Sukritact's Events and Decisions

That's not my issue; I can appreciate bad events, but what I don't get is presenting what seems like a choice when there in fact is none. It's not a huge concern, but when other events offer different outcomes based on the chosen response it seems odd that this wouldn't do the same.

Well, once you get to the Renaissance, I believe you do get different outcomes. (Or, at least, better ones.)

If the issue is that you're being offered a false choice -- all of the outcomes are the same -- then, well, I'm not sure what to say. Sukritact is the one that made the mod, so I can't really say why he chose to make it that way, but I suspect it was mostly as a joke. From what I recall, the event itself is in reference to a similar random event in Civ IV, although I believe that one was universally bad (unlike the current event, which gets better after the Renaissance). So it's a somewhat humorous reference to a similarly bad event in another game.

In the end, I suspect its design is mostly done tongue-in-cheek, and should not be taken particularly seriously.

It's in Europa Universalis 4 (EU4) where a comet sighting gives you 3 options always resulting -1 Stability. But yes, it is a nice easter egg and is really cool.

P.S. Love the mod. It adds more depth and random elements in the game which is always fun.

Hmm, so here's a question... from what I can tell of the code, Events only occur once? I'd been hoping to set up an event that would occur repeatedly, but I have a feeling it wouldn't work...

Are there any mods that Events and Decisions will conflict with?

Why is it that the comet event has the same outcome no matter which "option" you choose?
It's in Europa Universalis 4 (EU4) where a comet sighting gives you 3 options always resulting -1 Stability. But yes, it is a nice easter egg and is really cool.
Yeah; a similar thing happened in EU3. They only had the option "It's an omen!" originally. Fans asked for more choices. Paradox games jokingly responded with a bunch of options that do the exact same thing.

Are there any mods that Events and Decisions will conflict with?
At the moment, Events and Decisions is incompatible with Gedemon's Historical Spawn Dates.
Yeah, it's a shame, but I can't seem to pinpoint what's causing the issue...

I'm experiencing some CTD, so I'm trying to find out what doesn't work with this mod. Does it clash with any of Machevelli's mods like Reform and Rule?

I finally got the beta, and it looks AWESOME.

I think I legit marked out for several of the future Civ Decisions. Mostly Indian subcontinent/East Asian, I think. A product of two Asian Civ classes as part of my degree, I guess :D

Except scheduled events, which only occur once regardless.
Not necessarily: how you've/we've made Scheduled events so far prevents them from occurring naturally/randomly since the weight is set to 0. However, it is possible to have an event be both scheduled and random at the same time.

Major question, does this work with whoward's DLL?

I'm experiencing some CTD, so I'm trying to find out what doesn't work with this mod. Does it clash with any of Machevelli's mods like Reform and Rule?

When exactly are you getting crashes? I'm getting them whenever I reload within the game or if I try to exit the current session--nothing gamebreaking but a minor annoyance. I'm running a few other mods and have tried various combinations and the mod by itself...I can't seem to replicate the CTDs consistently. I've also noticed it takes several turns (at least a dozen) before leaving the current session will ever produce a CTD.

I don't know if anyone wants this but I've attached my logs folder from after the last CTD just in case someone does.

Anyways, to whomever might be interested, I just downloaded the beta and have played about 50 turns (rest of the time has been trying to diagnose the CTD :lol:). Very first event was the comet (heh, not the most encouraging thing for a first playthrough) and then I got the option to enact one of the Great Person decisions. This was turn 23 on standard--isn't this perhaps a bit early to put in something this significant? There is a large difference between a civ who lucks into a scientist or engineer at that point and a civ who gets a merchant or general. FWIW, I was gifted a Khan--not exactly a run of the mill General but certainly no Great Scientist.

I launched another game and got a food surplus as my first event good for 88 food around turn 30 or so. This was absolutely huge, putting my capital at population 8 around turn ~35. My first decision in this game yielded me an Engineer, so I now have an insanely large population for this point and pretty hefty production.

Incredibly small sample size but imho the random aspects of this mod carry too much sway too early in the game. I'm not terribly picky about this sort of thing but this could be a turn off to many who would otherwise love this. Which would be a shame, because what's been done here is seriously awesome. I hope this didn't sound negative, just trying to offer another opinion ^_^

If all of what I pointed out is due to the mod being in beta stage, please disregard all of my silly comments :crazyeye:

Attachments

• Logs.7z
    33.7 KB · Views: 134
The ingame civs will have exclusive events like JFD's ones? (for some reasons I can't install the mod to test...)

No; the closest thing there is to that is a White Elephant event shared between Siam, Tometekh's Champa and my Burma and Khmer.

When exactly are you getting crashes? I'm getting them whenever I reload within the game or if I try to exit the current session--nothing gamebreaking but a minor annoyance. I'm running a few other mods and have tried various combinations and the mod by itself...I can't seem to replicate the CTDs consistently. I've also noticed it takes several turns (at least a dozen) before leaving the current session will ever produce a CTD.

Those are what I'm getting as well, but it also randomly quit on me during the classical era. Have you gotten the CTD's with just this mod?

Those are what I'm getting as well, but it also randomly quit on me during the classical era. Have you gotten the CTD's with just this mod?

I haven't gotten any random CTDs yet, but I haven't played too far into any games yet.

I didn't get any CTDs until I added this mod, but have not experienced any with just this mod active yet. I need to start a game with only this and play 50 turns or so first to be sure though.

I got a CTD when I got the Mercenaries event in my last game, but I didn't think to check the logs until I'd restarted Civ, by which time the logs had been reset. :(

Top Bottom