Super Power Modpack - Total Conversion

Hey there !

First of all, thanks to the creators of the mod, I find very nice, very well balanced, not too easy, not too hard, Just ads what was needed to make Civ V th perfect game :D

However, I'm having the same problem than everyone it seems ^^ I'm playing as the Chinese and at turn 221, the game CTD just after the turn of the fifth civilisation (I haven't discovered it yet). I'm playing on warlord, epic speed, the year is 715AD and I'm a couple of turns away from the compass. Might be related to spying, idk. I use RED modpack and IGE as well, I'll try something with it like erasing the fifth civi ^^

edit : the fifth civilization if byzantum. the Game CTD as soon as their turn begins.

similar crash with both games I started. approximately during the 7th or 8th century.Nice game though I will definitely test it again when an update comes out. Keep up the good work mates!

Does anyone know why I can't scroll around in my tech tree? All it shows is the Ancient Era techs and then the first 4 Classical Era techs.

I've been going throgh the CTD reports and noticed one thing : we ALL have Korea DLC installed (although not always present in the game). Maybe the game will not crash if we create a game with ALL civilizations DLC deactivated. It might be worth a try, I'll test it out and see if I can go through one game without CTD.

Hello lincoln_lyf,

Thank you for the amazing mod. It has the great potential. Keep up the good work. As some other players, I too encountered the crash to desktop during the AI turn somewhat later in the game. The save file just before end of turn can be found here.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B68LIxT9-qMucWptdGc5RnJOQzA/edit?usp=sharing

I also have Korea DLC (but no Korea in this game). I activated the DebugMode and connected to the game with the FireTuner. During the AI turn, the Lua Console was logging this:

New Population Rule: population lost!Lyon
New Population Rule: population lost!Lyon
Runtime Error: ...\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Super Power Units (v 4)\LUA\New Attack Effects.lua:31: attempt to index local 'defUnit' (a nil value)
Runtime Error: ...\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Super Power Units (v 4)\LUA\New Attack Effects.lua:31: attempt to index local 'defUnit' (a nil value)

Hopefully you'll figure out the issue. If you need any further assistance, please let me know.

This looks like a null pointer exception. It's trying to reference a "defending unit" to get it's X coordinate and complains because it couldn't find that object. Assuming your error log reads from top to bottom, I'm just wondering if that may have something to do with adding another war casualty to a city with 0 (or 1) population?

It looks like you attacked a French army and caused a citizen death in Lyon. If Lyon has 1 citizen and you kill a military unit, does the city disappear or is this edge case taken care of in the code?

Looking into the release note, the casualties are supposed to happen at random. If one of the cities is randomly chosen upon a unit death to subtract a citizen from, that's an easy place to forget excluding those cities with only 1 population.

But it's likely that Firaxis added some protection to the subtractCitizen operation, for starving cities with 1 population. If lincoln is using his own scripts for casualties, it might be a good idea to double-check if it's protected (e.g. numCitizens = max(numCitizen--, 1)).

This looks like a null pointer exception. It's trying to reference a "defending unit" to get it's X coordinate and complains because it couldn't find that object. Assuming your error log reads from top to bottom, I'm just wondering if that may have something to do with adding another war casualty to a city with 0 (or 1) population?

It looks like you attacked a French army and caused a citizen death in Lyon. If Lyon has 1 citizen and you kill a military unit, does the city disappear or is this edge case taken care of in the code?

Looking into the release note, the casualties are supposed to happen at random. If one of the cities is randomly chosen upon a unit death to subtract a citizen from, that's an easy place to forget excluding those cities with only 1 population.

But it's likely that Firaxis added some protection to the subtractCitizen operation, for starving cities with 1 population. If lincoln is using his own scripts for casualties, it might be a good idea to double-check if it's protected (e.g. numCitizens = max(numCitizen--, 1)).

I don't think that's the thing with me. I have the BigCity Bonanza mod where every city starts with 6 population and citizens use less food. And my game still just disappears everytime I click Next Turn at Turn 110 and 120. By the way, my game is Emperor, Quick, Domination Victory, China, Turned off Korea DLC.

I don't think that's the thing with me. I have the BigCity Bonanza mod where every city starts with 6 population and citizens use less food. And my game still just disappears everytime I click Next Turn at Turn 110 and 120. By the way, my game is Emperor, Quick, Domination Victory, China, Turned off Korea DLC.

Hmm, guess I'll have to look into the code to see if I can find something. I never programmed in Lua before and I didn't make this mod. But I can still try reviewing the code in my free time if that will help.

Hmm, guess I'll have to look into the code to see if I can find something. I never programmed in Lua before and I didn't make this mod. But I can still try reviewing the code in my free time if that will help.

I think I have an idea of why the game just suddenly disappears. The AI is probably doing something that the game kinda can't handle. Because for me, now it doesn't just randomly disappear on a certain turn, it disappears for a certain AI that was currently doing its turn. So probably some unit, or some action is being conflicted or failing in the scripts for mod. So if someone has like... all the free time in the world can use every unit in every way they can and do every action they can in the game to see which one of them makes the game just stop.

Does anyone know why I can't scroll around in my tech tree? All it shows is the Ancient Era techs and then the first 4 Classical Era techs.

I'm having the same issue (as apparently a few others are as well).

I downloaded the DLL from http://www.picknmixmods.com/mods/d1b6328c-ff44-4b0d-aad7-c657f83610cd/mod.html using version 53, I'm unsure if this might be the issue or if I honestly even have the right mod everyone's talking about.

DLL- Various Mod Components (v 53), and then all 4 of the Super Power mods only (and I don't own Korea DLC)

Hi
I am playing my first game with your superpower modset, and so far I am loving it. However, I have reached a certain point in the game where it will always crash. I have it to the point where I've saved my game immediately before the crash. When I end my turn, after a couple of seconds the game crashes to desktop with no error message or anything. I am using Brave New World, with the only mods being your recently downloaded set, and also the Various Mod Components (V.53). Current game date is 1160AD.

I am sorry that I can't provide any more information for now, as I don't know what would be useful. However, attached is my save file.

Thanks very much
Richard

Attachments

• Augustus Caesar_0116 AD-0025.Civ5Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 133
I think I found a solution to the CTDs that are happening around turn 200. It seems to happen when an AI civ with the "military caste" policy builds a unit and is awarded bonus science. With this work-around, I'm unsure if it will fix everyone's CTDs or if the policy will still work as intended. But, it did fix my game and the world now cowers under the mighty heel of the Songhai empire. Hope it works for you guys, too.

To fix your game:
  1. Use a text editor like notepad to open Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Super Power Balance (v 4)\Lua\New Trait and Policies.lua
  2. Replace line 222 with the three lines of code below
    Replace
    Code:
    [s]teamTechs:SetResearchProgress(currentTech, researchProgress + adjustedBonus)[/s]
    with
    Code:
    if teamTechs ~= nil then
       teamTechs:SetResearchProgress(currentTech, researchProgress + adjustedBonus)
    end

@op - great job on this mod, man. lots of fun.

I managed to get this mod to work with EUI by deleting Super Power Mod's CityView.lua (it seems that EUI's CityView.lua works with every mod).

Hey ppl ! I've restarted a game without any civ DLC apart from BNV and G&K, I had only one CTD at turn 90 (i play in quick this time) but I could reload the game and play again until turn 122, new CTD but again I was abble to resume the game. Temporary solution or permanent on ? Idk ^^ but I encourage you to try it out by yourselves ;)

I think I found a solution to the CTDs that are happening around turn 200. It seems to happen when an AI civ with the "military caste" policy builds a unit and is awarded bonus science. With this work-around, I'm unsure if it will fix everyone's CTDs or if the policy will still work as intended. But, it did fix my game and the world now cowers under the mighty heel of the Songhai empire. Hope it works for you guys, too.

To fix your game:
  1. Use a text editor like notepad to open Documents\my games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Super Power Balance (v 4)\Lua\New Trait and Policies.lua
    Replace
    Code:
    [s]teamTechs:SetResearchProgress(currentTech, researchProgress + adjustedBonus)[/s]
    with
    Code:
    if teamTechs ~= nil then
    end

Wow! Can't wait to try it out tomorrow :D

Thanks!

Absolutely love this mod, and finally registered on here to attempt to help you guys test/fix the CTD. Having the same random CTD problems as everyone else seems to be having. 2 games with unlimited barbarian and cheap xp mods and 1 game with only the dll and superpower mods.

2 of the games crashed right around flight and the other crashed right after education. I tried cocoleche's recode idea on all 3 games and it did not fix the problem with the saves. I am about to start a new game with the recode from the beginning and see how long it lasts.

It seems like the game crashes at 2 distinct points from what I've experiences and read on the forums: either right around education or right around flight (not necessarily the techs causing the problem just a reference point for timing). For some reason it seems like the CTD problems revolve around those 2 time periods.

I did get all the way through one game but I completed it before the second problem area. I'll check back up on this thread, let me know if I can test anything because I'd love to see this mod become more reliable.

The problem is something that the AI does. It's just that we are trying to figure out what the AI is doing that makes it crash. I am trying what cocoleche suggested right now. I will give a response if it works right after I finish the game.

Well let me know what else I can do, I just played 2 new games with the recode and they both still crashed, also that recode broke the trade routes. Hope that helps.

To fix your game:
    Replace
    Code:
    with
    Code:
    if teamTechs ~= nil then
    end

Unfortunately I don't think that's the issue. I changed the script, but I still got a CTD.
I'm also pretty sure that the crashes are caused by unit casualties trying to be applied to cities with only 1 population, I tested this by doing a fast 1v1 duel map, built 4 cities, set them all to avoid growth, built a ton of units and sent them to suicide against the enemy civ. My capital was the only city at the start to have more than one pop, and when casualties did occur, they were taken from my capital. Eventually even it had only 1 population, and the next time (I assume) casualties happened, boom, CTD.

Hope this helps.

Unfortunately I don't think that's the issue. I changed the script, but I still got a CTD.
I'm also pretty sure that the crashes are caused by unit casualties trying to be applied to cities with only 1 population, I tested this by doing a fast 1v1 duel map, built 4 cities, set them all to avoid growth, built a ton of units and sent them to suicide against the enemy civ. My capital was the only city at the start to have more than one pop, and when casualties did occur, they were taken from my capital. Eventually even it had only 1 population, and the next time (I assume) casualties happened, boom, CTD.

Hope this helps.

Why isn't the creator of this mod reading this discussion page? The casualties are a big problem and it doesn't seem to be fixed yet.

To fix your game:
    Replace
    Code:
    with
    Code:
    if teamTechs ~= nil then
    end

This change didn't work for me, still getting the CTD :(

Why isn't the creator of this mod reading this discussion page? The casualties are a big problem and it doesn't seem to be fixed yet.

He has replied, he said he is has been busy and will get round to fixing the issues.

Top Bottom