Serps Multiplayer Modpack Improved Gameplay

Hi,

I am now playing on multiplayer with this mod :)

great features and so much to explore!!

but i am trying to understand how the mod ''edit route'' works

I know I cannot recall routes on multiplayer, but yesterday, I wanted to delete domestic route, I could only see the route and wait until the turns to end the route trade.

Do I need to have any type of technology to edit trade routes?or some type of building?

thanks in advance,

Luis

Hi,

I am now playing on multiplayer with this mod :)

great features and so much to explore!!

but i am trying to understand how the mod ''edit route'' works

I know I cannot recall routes on multiplayer, but yesterday, I wanted to delete domestic route, I could only see the route and wait until the turns to end the route trade.

Do I need to have any type of technology to edit trade routes?or some type of building?

thanks in advance,

Luis

Hi, good to see you like it :)
When you hover the mouse over the info you can see in the trade overview, you will get a tooltip that tells you how to recall ;)
It is CTRL+click to recall/end a trade route.

I edited it to the info in my opening post.

edit:
ah, and in multiplayer you can't recall anything, neither trade routes nor domestic routes. It will cause desync, because decisions made in a pop up does not work in multiplayer for now.
edit2:
But maybe you have an idea how to circumvent it? :) The decision does not work with a pop up. But it would be possible to add a building or unit or simular. After it is build, all trade routes from and to this town are canceled. This would be possible.
We just need ways to tell the game, what we would like to do, without a pop up.

edit3:
I just found out, that if you have researched Radio, the recall is immediatly, otherwise you have to wait unti the trade route is back in your town.

Hi Everyone

It`s my first post so I feel a little bit... shy.
First of all I would like to thanks Serps for the fantastic mods and for this modpack.

Nevertheless I would like to ask everyone if You finished any multiplayer game with this modpack, including late eras.
I`m asking because I tested a few modpacks with my friend in Multiplayer and sooner all later each mod crashed the game with no reasonable chance to continue - thats why I`m asking about your experience (we never managed to get to modern era).
Also are there any big known bugs that spoils the later game balance (like Great Diplomats spammingin gloden eras)?

Kind regards
Biwman

Hi Everyone

It`s my first post so I feel a little bit... shy.
First of all I would like to thanks Serps for the fantastic mods and for this modpack.

Nevertheless I would like to ask everyone if You finished any multiplayer game with this modpack, including late eras.
I`m asking because I tested a few modpacks with my friend in Multiplayer and sooner all later each mod crashed the game with no reasonable chance to continue - thats why I`m asking about your experience (we never managed to get to modern era).
Also are there any big known bugs that spoils the later game balance (like Great Diplomats spammingin gloden eras)?

Kind regards
Biwman
Hi :)

My aim was of course a modpack without bugs and balance problems.

So I fixed all major bugs I know of, except in rare cases a desync.
During my multiplayer games a desync happened from time to time. It was not gamebreaking, just a loadscreen every 40th round or simular. Unfortuanetly I was not able to figure out the reason for it ...
...and depending on the reason for this desnyc, it could happen more or less often in a game (e.g if the reason is an improvement build by AI, the more often the AI builds it, the more desyncs will happen)

But of course I'm not able to find every issue, so it is important that you and other try this modpack and report back any issues ;)

If you look at threads from other mods, you see alot of posts about bugs. In my thread are no/only few reports, so I see this as a sign, that my modpack is playable.

... so far it looks great!

Thank You Serp for Your comment. We have not noted so far any bug. We had 1 desync after 2 hours of playing but nothing crashed. We are in renaissance now.

We were a little bit bored with BNW after many games but with this modpack Civ gets a second life!:)

Thanks
Biwman

... so far it looks great!

Thank You Serp for Your comment. We have not noted so far any bug. We had 1 desync after 2 hours of playing but nothing crashed. We are in renaissance now.

We were a little bit bored with BNW after many games but with this modpack Civ gets a second life!:)

Thanks
Biwman
great you like it :)
Maybe you can have a look at those desyncs. You could write down what you and the other players did in the turn before the loading screen.
Of course this will only help, if it is not something caused via AI.. but it's worth a try, if you have the time ;)

(if a desync happens because of X, it should happen everytime X is done. That is the reason why I was not able to find the cause, because I was not able to reproduce it)

Well my brother and I were playing and I chose to play the shoshone and we figured out that any time I discovered a ruins plot and chose my thing at the end of the turn it would desync, this doesn't cause any problems in singleplayer.

Well my brother and I were playing and I chose to play the shoshone and we figured out that any time I discovered a ruins plot and chose my thing at the end of the turn it would desync, this doesn't cause any problems in singleplayer.
Thank you :)
I always wondered why the mod "Promotions - Ancient Ruins Choice" does not work, while playing shoshone works (I only tested shoshone in a non modded multiplayer game).

I found out, that whoward69s "DLL - Various Mod Components (v 66)" is the cause for this. I guess he designed his own pop-up for this promotion. The problem is, that mod-pop-ups does not work in multiplayer -> desync.

Unfortunately there is nothing I can do, except asking whoward to fix this. I tried it in this thread:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=550217
and hijacked his modtool thread today, to get an answer from him... we will see...

Edit:
If you really want to play with Shoshone, you have to remove their choosing promotion in modpack/Override/CIV5Units.xml file. Search for the following and delete it (should be line 271627):
Code:
		<Row> 
			<UnitType>UNIT_SHOSHONE_PATHFINDER</UnitType> 
			<PromotionType>PROMOTION_GOODY_HUT_PICKER</PromotionType> 
		</Row>
Make sure, that every player you want to play with, has the same changes.

Hello again

Me and my friend have reached Modern Era without single crash. Unfortunately he surrendered ;-)
I think now I will be playing Civ only with this great modpack.
We had a few desynchs, hard to say what exactly casued it. But the game was always restored.

I noticed 1 bug. I could not gather points for Great Generals and Great Admiras (the bars in the bottom of the army screen were not filled with the points despite many battles I won). My friend didn`t have such problem. On the other hand he complained that auto-purchase for religion points was not working well (but manual purchase was ok so it`s not important).

I think also that barbarians sometimes are spamming too much out of nowhere. But I don`t know if it`s a bug.

If anyone would like to play with me in multiplayer this mod You can find me on Steam:
nickname: biwman
I play very often between 22:30 and 01:00 CET (Warsaw)
Preferred settings:
small continents+
balanced resources
quick, ancient, simulanously, emperor, standard barbs

Feel free to contact me.
Thanks Serp again for the modpack!
Biwman

Hello again

Me and my friend have reached Modern Era without single crash. Unfortunately he surrendered ;-)
I think now I will be playing Civ only with this great modpack.
We had a few desynchs, hard to say what exactly casued it. But the game was always restored.

I noticed 1 bug. I could not gather points for Great Generals and Great Admiras (the bars in the bottom of the army screen were not filled with the points despite many battles I won). My friend didn`t have such problem. On the other hand he complained that auto-purchase for religion points was not working well (but manual purchase was ok so it`s not important).

I think also that barbarians sometimes are spamming too much out of nowhere. But I don`t know if it`s a bug.

If anyone would like to play with me in multiplayer this mod You can find me on Steam:
nickname: biwman
I play very often between 22:30 and 01:00 CET (Warsaw)
Preferred settings:
small continents+
balanced resources
quick, ancient, simulanously, emperor, standard barbs

Feel free to contact me.
Thanks Serp again for the modpack!
Biwman

Thank you, and thank you for your bug report :)

Unfortunately it is hard to identfy the cause for a bug, that does not happen for every player (points work for you friend, but not for you) ..
Also about the automatic faith purchase I can't say much =/

The best would be, if you find out how to reprouce the bugs. So try in your next games, if the automatic pruchase is always bugged, or only if X happens. Same for your points.
If I can reproduce the bugs, it's much easier to find the causes.

Yes, the barbarian are a little out of control. I don't think it is a bug, it's just the Barbarian Immersion Mod I tweaked a bit. I wanted to find a way to make barbarian a bit more harder, especially in late game. I thought of increasing spawning camps by age, but this is not possible to code. That's why I increased the total amount of camps per fogtiles (the ones you discovered, but do not see the units)... resulting in also more bars in the beginning..

Getting unable to load texture error from the starting Settler/Scout. It's not a hardware issue I guarantee it. (16G RAM, 2G Dedicated Vid) Running it through both the DX 11 or 9 exe doesn't help at all.

I'm running Windows 10. File is not being blocked (checkbox isn't present).

Tried to load the file in ModBuddy but apparently I have an older version that doesnt display whether the file is set to VFS = TRUE or not.

Not sure what else to do.

Getting unable to load texture error from the starting Settler/Scout. It's not a hardware issue I guarantee it. (16G RAM, 2G Dedicated Vid) Running it through both the DX 11 or 9 exe doesn't help at all.

I'm running Windows 10. File is not being blocked (checkbox isn't present).

Tried to load the file in ModBuddy but apparently I have an older version that doesnt display whether the file is set to VFS = TRUE or not.

Not sure what else to do.

Hi, I guess if you hit the "enter" button while this error is shown, you get the next and the next ... error. Because if you look at the modinfo file via an texteditor, you can see, that all dds files from the flagpromo mod are set true, so all should work. (at least I think "import=1" means VFS. I do not use ModBuddy, just notepad++)

Unfortunately I have no knowledge about windows 10. At windows 8.1 there are several problems with some games installed in the normal programs folder of windows (because it is a folder where most things were blocked by windows).
So I would suggest trying to move the game folder out of programs and try it again. (but don't know if the game will even start, because of the connection to steam :D)

edit:
ah I remember, that some pc's are not able to show the NewPromo32 icons. On my old laptop they are shown, but on my new one they are not. But I never got the error box.
So maybe you have another guess, what could be wrong? (I already tried everything from which I know, but found no solution)

You mentioned you can see them on your end. Is it possible to have these uploaded as .png's somewhere? I think it is something wrong with the images themselves, and not the OS.

I can open other DDS files from the modpack just fine in GIMP. But the ones from the "Thal's FlagPromotions" just will not open at all. DDS converters will not open them either. But if I can get ahold of them as .PNGs I can try and resave as DDS and see what happens.

If not, I'll see if I can get one of the guys at my work to give me their creative cloud login for the day.

Hi, I guess if you hit the "enter" button while this error is shown, you get the next and the next ... error. Because if you look at the modinfo file via an texteditor, you can see, that all dds files from the flagpromo mod are set true, so all should work. (at least I think "import=1" means VFS. I do not use ModBuddy, just notepad++)

Unfortunately I have no knowledge about windows 10. At windows 8.1 there are several problems with some games installed in the normal programs folder of windows (because it is a folder where most things were blocked by windows).
So I would suggest trying to move the game folder out of programs and try it again. (but don't know if the game will even start, because of the connection to steam :D)

edit:
ah I remember, that some pc's are not able to show the NewPromo32 icons. On my old laptop they are shown, but on my new one they are not. But I never got the error box.
So maybe you have another guess, what could be wrong? (I already tried everything from which I know, but found no solution)

My win10 pc had the same problem and i found out that it can't read the weird symbol in Thal´s FlagPromotions folder name and the Modinfo file inside, So i changed it to a proper one

from
Thal*s FlagPromotions-CPP Vers 1.05 serp ( * = the weird symbol)
Thal*s FlagPromotions-CPP Vers.modinfo
to
Thal´s FlagPromotions-CPP Vers 1.05 serp
Thal´s FlagPromotions-CPP Vers.modinfo

This gave me quite a headache since a friend of mine with win7 have no problem whatsoever

My win10 pc had the same problem and i found out that it can't read the weird symbol in Thal´s FlagPromotions folder name and the Modinfo file inside, So i changed it to a proper one

from
Thal*s FlagPromotions-CPP Vers 1.05 serp ( * = the weird symbol)
Thal*s FlagPromotions-CPP Vers.modinfo
to
Thal´s FlagPromotions-CPP Vers 1.05 serp
Thal´s FlagPromotions-CPP Vers.modinfo

This gave me quite a headache since a friend of mine with win7 have no problem whatsoever
And this solved the problem?
Thank you, I will edit this solution to the first post.

Hi guys, I would love to be trying this mod, however I am having multiple issues.
When I try to pick a leader/civ I have multiple errors about missing DDS files, if I load into the game I also have errors pop up with missing DDS files, and once im in game I have a buggy UI and text appears as "txt_random_thing_its_supposed_to_be"

any help would be appreciated.

Phil.

Hi guys, I would love to be trying this mod, however I am having multiple issues.
When I try to pick a leader/civ I have multiple errors about missing DDS files, if I load into the game I also have errors pop up with missing DDS files, and once im in game I have a buggy UI and text appears as "txt_random_thing_its_supposed_to_be"

any help would be appreciated.

Phil.
My modpack does not change or add new civilizations. So if you already have the missing files error while choosing a civilization, your whole game is missing these game files.

Do you play with BNW and newest patch ?

If so, the best would be a complete deinstallation (and after it deleting the civilization folder) and a clean new installation.

If not, the problem could be, that my pack requires BNW and all the new things are missing.

Wife and I had a blast on this for awhile. After an anomalous amount of time the Host will crash to desktop during a turn changeover. Two things I noticed:

Every time we resumed our game the auto save was exactly the turn we would have ended up on if we hadn't crashed. (perhaps a crash related to some auto saves)

The other thing I noticed during installation is that I couldn't extract the zip directly to the proper folder because I would get errors on some files for the directory being too long. I would have to extract the Zip to a folder on the root drive of my steam drive then Move it to the proper area.

Every time we resumed our game the auto save was exactly the turn we would have ended up on if we hadn't crashed. (perhaps a crash related to some auto saves)
Hmm.. I never experienced that... Are you able to reproduce the crash ? So if you load one of your savegames, the game will crash in round x each time ?
If so, please send me the savegame. I will try to find out the reason.

The other thing I noticed during installation is that I couldn't extract the zip directly to the proper folder because I would get errors on some files for the directory being too long. I would have to extract the Zip to a folder on the root drive of my steam drive then Move it to the proper area.
Thanks, I added a note to the opening post, maybe it helps to just shorten the modpack name.

Top Bottom