My game constantly crashes at certain turns

Paper Titan

Chieftain
I get a sudden ctd, goes to black screen then desktop, at certain turns on every play through that I've done recently. Each play through crashes at their own times, but never let me progress past that point. The long damn wait time to get back to the screen and reload the save just to find it still doesn't work has been grating. I do have a series of mods, and this is my first time posting for help; i've otherwise just been googling my crash problems for help. So im not sure what information i need to provide, but i could really use some help.

If you think a list of information could do wonders in helping me just let me know what to post, because I'm not too sure what that is.

Okay, so, I've done some further testing and no matter what game I launch and no matter its set-up, the game crashes at the transition(after the barbarian turn) from turn 137 to 138. Also, there is no alert or anything. It just goes black and then to my desktop

Well, heres a update. I tried to play over and over again, unchecking a couple mods and deleting cache/moduserdata and reinstalling etc. And i was permitted until turn 155-156 before it ctd without error. So...theres that. Help.

Bump. Also, if I should post a mod list or something lemme know. Its been a while since i've been able to play civ 5 at this point, and i don't want to play without Community patch. Thanks.

Have you tried playing an unmodded game? If the game doesn't crash when unmodded, then you have a mod problem. In that case you need to experiment with disabling one mod at a time to source the problem.

Have you tried playing an unmodded game? If the game doesn't crash when unmodded, then you have a mod problem. In that case you need to experiment with disabling one mod at a time to source the problem.

I haven't since installing a few mods, but i suppose i should. It just takes a long damn time to do testing like that. IT requires at least 8-10 seconds after i check a mod or uncheck before the screen stops being frozen. Addtionally, i'd need to play for 150 turns before i can discover if the combination worked appropriatly

Top Bottom