New Horizons: A total conversion for BE

Hi. I just tried your mod and I'm having a weird bug. No other mods, just this one. No starting explorer, every unit disapears, so no aliens and AI bugging me for killing aliens.

It was with Frenzied aliens if it helps.

Hi. I just tried your mod and I'm having a weird bug. No other mods, just this one. No starting explorer, every unit disapears, so no aliens and AI bugging me for killing aliens.

It was with Frenzied aliens if it helps.

Follow the directions for working around this known bug with all mods that alter promotions.

EDIT: My apologies! I thought this was covered in the OP. It is not! As posted a little bit down, you need to select the mod (along with any others you are using) and click continue. Go back and select the mods you are using again and click continue. At that point the mod will work properly.

I am pretty sure you just need to do one thing:
After you select the mod and click continue (and the mod is loaded), you need to click back (so the mod is unloaded) and then click forward again to load the mod 2nd time. Then the issue should be gone.

The great ships were the embodiment of each nation's ingenuity, courage and faith...
...with the gifts of old earth we made pilgrimage to find a new home for humanity...

(I will be going to Firaxicon on Oct 3. If you'll be there and want to say hi let me know)

The "Gifts of Old Earth" update is now released! It contains new Colonists, Spacecraft and Cargo! Check them out below:

View attachment 397669

The update also contains some minor tweaks to the resource requirements for military units. This update is not backwards compatible.
--------------
My plan for the next update is to cover the 2nd ring of technologies and buildings. I won't be able to work on it from 9-23 to 10-1. I would love to have it done around 9-16 but that schedule is extremely tight and I'm skeptical it would work. Which means a more plausible release date would be post-Firaxicon.

I'm in the middle of a play through using Ryika's Awesome collection but it is getting close to ending. Will give the latest New Horizon's build soon, though it would be fantastic to time it such that I'd be able to include the second tier technology update as well. I'm in the middle of a fight with the Zerg, so who knows how this is going to turn out.....

The "Affinity Rising" update for New Horizons has been released! This update is massive, the largest in the mod's 9 month history. It focuses on the 2nd ring of techs and impacts 30 technologies and ~30 buildings. Affinity units have also been moved around the tech tree to make them more accessible during the middle stages of the game. Orbital units have been redone. They provide more yield but don't last as long.

There is some bad news though. I will not have internet access from 9-20 to 9-30. If anyone runs into issues with the mod I won't be able to provide support during that time. With an update as large as this it is likely there will be bugs. If you experience game breaking problems consider using the previous version of the mod until I am able to fix the issue.

I rarely had time playing CivBE in the last month, but came back to try your further developed mod.
And I must say I wasn't disappointed. Really great playing experience! :goodjob:

Hope you find the time and motivation for a version for CivBERT: Some of the additions of the expansion sound interesting (especially diplomacy).

Sadly I haven't played enough to give really sophisticated feedback. Hope I can do this later.

Do you plan on changing how the trade routes work- especially how the revenues are calculated?

Great work - please go on!

I have to say that this is on of the best mods I have played in CIV BE hands down.

Especially liked the way the virtue trees have been completely reworked, unhealth from academies, health from situational resources (algae, petroleum).

As for the bugs: AI never ever builds cover ops, even if it is ARC with a ton of geothermal to spare and not at war with others (all difficulties, Apollo included)

I suspect there will be some reworked wonders, affinities and traits for the future releases but the direction is awesome anyway. It is an overall an excellent mod!

Also, I just fired up New Horizons again, just to give it another spin for more feedback (and sorely missing the Rising Tide improvements already!):
  • Since you're already re-organising the tech web by affinities (somewhat), try to do what Firaxis didn't and align it with the "directions" of the affinity indicator on techs!
  • While I like the need for extra expeditions, I'm not sure how well it'd mix with RT's new exploration game, something that might be interesting would be having expedition sites with 1 OR 2 expeditions required (e.g. alien devices, ships and ruins could require 2 charges, while satellites, wrecked landers and settlements could only need 1 charge).
  • Really dig the take on building quests, the whole short gain lump sum vs. long term improvements (and tech mouse overs to go with it!) is great.
  • Not sure how I feel about having so many units on leaf techs because... well, the AI seems to be a bit stupid sometimes. Having units concentrated on the stem techs ensures the AI ends up with a sensible set of unit choices.
  • The overhauled virtue trees are still great, easily the best thing to open it and just have to actually think about what you're getting (even if I'm not entirely sure I really dig the names, for example, Prosperity has a ring to it that Expansion doesn't... but that's an unimportant niggle; Security is a good pick, though).

Does this work with rising tide?
No, but I am working on the spiritual successor called "Echoes of Earth" that will be built from the ground up for Rising Tide. There is more information here.

I apologize if I've already said this on your Civ V mods.

I think a good addition (if possible; I'm not a coder) would be one which would allow explorers to act as artillery spotters for ranges units. This could be fan-wanked to be that when an explorer is adjacent to the ranged unit, it represents the communications section while the real unit is behind enemy lines. This would give a +1 range bonus to the unit and make explorers more useful.

For a space game, Civ:BE blows when it comes to tech you'd expect. I mean there are no space elevators! You should be able to build a few. You should be able to build projects which would send a probe to an asteroid, which would deploy robots to starting working on it and moving it into orbit. Sure this would take lots of turns but later in the game you could get a *lot* of production bonuses and possibly things like titanium.

Also, I think the anti-satellite combat needs reworking. It's too easy to shoot them down. I mean really? Ground based artillery shooting down things in orbit? Did anyone in Firaxis realize how hard that would be? I mean the range implied is a LOT more than the hexes on the planet.

Any chance of porting over the Civ V mod of having cities on ocean tiles? I think they should have a population cap but still, floating cities are a common sci-fi component in a lot of books, especially those by Kim Stanley Robinson.

i like your idea of explorers (especially when they use up their modules)acting as spotters for artillary maybe give the artillary unit longer range if a explorers was attached to it

i am having an issue with the mod .. i am running rising tide .. seems like the explorers is missing the button to start digging the artifact thing

Top Bottom