Pyre of the Seraphic and Angels

Avahz Darkwood

Emperor
Call me slow and you will not be the only or last one, but there is one way for any civ to get an angel to sacrifice and get a permanent fire elemental. Cast Sanctify on a graveyard (level 1 life spell) and you will get a permanent Host of the Einherjar angel unit. Take it to the Prye and sacrifice for your elemental.

Thats a 9 str (+1 fire affinity) 2 move unit for a 5 str one move unit. Not a bad trade IMHO.

Can the temporary Einherjar summon still be sacrificed for a permanent Fire Elemental? I don't remember hearing that had been fixed.

as of the last patch, I believe that it can. This has been changed in both Fall Further and I believe in orbis.

-Colin

Can immortal angels be sacreficed?

I believe that they still can be, a while back it was changed so that it permanently kills them instead of making them be reborn like it used to.

I believe that they still can be, a while back it was changed so that it permanently kills them instead of making them be reborn like it used to.

But you get like 8 Fire Elementals instead of 1 IIRC.

The Law II Einherjar summon being sacrificed to the Pyre is an exploit, I believe. Kael had mentioned doing something about this, but it hasn't happened yet.

No, Immortality does not give any extra Fire Elementals. World units however give 7 instead of 1.

The spell has the <bCasterNoDuration>1 tag, which should stop units of limited duration from casting but does not seem to actually do anything.

Personally I think the easiest solution would be to set the duration of the fire elementals to be equal to that of the angel.

Code:
def spellSacrificePyre(caster):
	pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(caster.getOwner())
	[U]iDuraton = caster.getDuration()[/U]
	caster.cast(gc.getInfoTypeForString('SPELL_RING_OF_FLAMES'))
	if caster.isImmortal():
		caster.changeImmortal(-1)
	iCount = 1
	if isWorldUnitClass(caster.getUnitClassType()):
		iCount = 7
	for i in range(iCount):
		newUnit = pPlayer.initUnit(gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNIT_FIRE_ELEMENTAL'), caster.getX(), caster.getY(), UnitAITypes.NO_UNITAI, DirectionTypes.DIRECTION_SOUTH)
		[U]newUnit.setDuration(iDuration)[/U]

I think the whole mechanic needs to be reworked, as it is the ones that can sacrifice angels are the ones who have angels, which means the good guys. and it's exploity for them. it should be changed to something that the evil guys would do, and give a lesser reward.

Personally I think that you should have to be Evil to sacrifice Angels. Evil civs can run slavery to get Angelic slaves to sacrifice (if that works, I'm not sure). If that's not enough (or doesn't work) then maybe Scourge could also grant a 10% chance to subdue an Angel - meaning 10% of defeated Angels would grant the victor a non-combat Angelic Prisoner unit, which could then be sacrificed.

Also, the Demons' Altar building should probably also allow you to sacrifice Angels for culture.

I think the whole mechanic needs to be reworked, as it is the ones that can sacrifice angels are the ones who have angels, which means the good guys. and it's exploity for them.

There're many such things in FfH. Personally, I think that there should be more mechanics that encourage the civs to play a bit more according to the lore.

Top Bottom