Compiler issues with v3.19

Hi guys. I've posted this in the main forum, but thought I should repost it here for greater coverage. When BtS came out, I was forced to start using VS2008 to compile my files-using the instructions & makefile provided by Refar. Unfortunately, since switching to v3.19, VS2008 doesn't seem to want to work anymore-even when using the new 3.19 makefile. Does anyone know if the instructions for using Visual Studio to compile BtS have changed &-if so-can anyone direct me to the new instructions?
Failing that, can people let me know what they do with the additional CvGameCoreDLL files which get created? (I've seen one called .sin & another one called .ncb)?

Aussie.

Hi guys. I've posted this in the main forum, but thought I should repost it here for greater coverage. When BtS came out, I was forced to start using VS2008 to compile my files-using the instructions & makefile provided by Refar. Unfortunately, since switching to v3.19, VS2008 doesn't seem to want to work anymore-even when using the new 3.19 makefile. Does anyone know if the instructions for using Visual Studio to compile BtS have changed &-if so-can anyone direct me to the new instructions?
Failing that, can people let me know what they do with the additional CvGameCoreDLL files which get created? (I've seen one called .sin & another one called .ncb)?

Aussie.

Rafer's guide is still gold. It works fine. Vs 2008 (Which is what I use) works just fine. As for extra "junk"* files that VS creates, I don't even pay attention. If you really want to know, download my source code, It's just a zipped folder of what I regularly compile, so it should have all those files that VS creates.

As for actually helping you, it helps to know what exactly the error messages are.

CvGameCoreDLL.sln is the "solution" file which holds the project. It's like a workbook for your code projects. I also use VS 2008 using Refar's instructions and my own trimmed makefile. Feel free to take a look at BULL's makefile, but keep in mind that I added a couple files to BULL's source so you won't be able to use it out-of-the-box.

Top Bottom