Units!

Gukguk

Chieftain
Greetings to all you great scenario creators on the web,

Let me first introduce myself, I'm Paul, a great lover of history and big fan of Sid meier's civilazation series. When I tried to create a few scenario's for civ II myself I found out that it was a difficult job and although I never finished one, I did enjoy trying. The part I liked most was unit building.

In my opinion Captain Nemo and Alex Mor are the best unit builders on the net (Although I know there are lot other good ones too!), and I mostly base my artwork around one of their creations. My specialazation is infantry, for I'm no good at vehicles or cities.

This said, I want to help other scenario creators by supporting them with units. If anyone is short of infantry units, just say whatever you need, and I'll try to help you out. Here is some sample artwork, first aztec warriors (archers, eagle warriors, jaguar warriors), then french soldiers, american soldiers (independece war), wood elves and a few medieval units:

I'll hope that I can be of any use to any of you!

Attachments

• variousunits.gif
    variousunits.gif
    14.3 KB · Views: 5,192
Wow :eek: Those units are supurb

Thanks for your compliments. Because you like my units I decided to show all what I've made till now. Like I said, if someone needs some infantry units done, just say it, and I'll try.

1st row: aztecs (archer, eagle warrior, jaguar warrior, warrior, priest)
2nd row: french soldiers (1750-1815, maybe later)
3rd row: American independence war soldiers
4th row: wood elves
5th row: french cavalry (1700??)
6th row: spanish soldier
7th row: english soldiers (the last one is a prussian ally)
8th row: taliban soldier and chinese soldier (not that they have any links, but they are both "modern")
9th row: polish soldiers (WWII)
10th row: french soldiers (WWII, the first one is some kind of resistance fighter)
11th row: various medieval units
12th row: futuristic space marine
13th row: WWI units

Hope you like 'em!

Attachments

• variousunits2.gif
    variousunits2.gif
    37.3 KB · Views: 4,788
Hey, great job. I like trying to build scenarios, one of my main problems is with graphics, units and the like. how would i go about getting a copy of your aztec and elf infantry units?

I find this kind of funny. Yesterday i decided to start building an aztec scenario. But you didnt answer my question, how do i download some of the units? (yeah i am a newbie here)

:confused: You said that you are specialized in infantry units, and i saw your futuristic space marine. I like building sci-fi scens, so could you tell me were i can find units like that one you drawed?:confused:

Skuall
Play and have fun!!!

Originally posted by Um I would know this how
how do i download some of the units? (yeah i am a newbie here)

Right click on the picture with your mouse, then chose save picture as, and save it to your computer. Now open it up with some graphics editing program and cut and paste the units you want onto a civ 2 units file :) (make sue your have a backup of the units file though)

For my space marine I used a picture from a miniature from a boardgame as my base. You can get the pictures at:

www.games-workshop.com

go to the warharmmer 40000 section and then to the space marines and their gallery.

I then pasted the picture in one of the slots from my units.gif. Because it still looked very "real" then I start editing, and this is the result. The last step is pretty time consuming (took me about 1 hour to finish this one), but that's maybe because I'm not really good at sci-fi units.

Anyway here is an example of a unit wich has not yet been edited (just pasted, I removed the black background though).

Attachments

• terminator.gif
    terminator.gif
    2.1 KB · Views: 5,649
I just wanted to show you guys my latest units, made today and yesterday!

The first one is a high elf warrior
The second one supposed to be a high elf warrior too, but it's more like an ordinary spearman.
The third is a polish partisan (well, something like it)
The fourth is a polish soldier

What do you think of them?

Attachments

• variousunits3.gif
    variousunits3.gif
    3.4 KB · Views: 3,897
Originally posted by Gukguk
I want to help other scenario creators by supporting them with units. If anyone is short of infantry units, just say whatever you need, and I'll try to help you out.

Gukguk, could you please make me some Nemo/Alex Mor style Japanese infantry units? :)

Originally posted by H Tower
are those japanese units for the Koka trail scenario?

Yep :)

Ofcourse!

I assumed you meant world war II japanese units, so I made a few of them for you. If you have something different in mind, or if you don't like the units, just say what kind of changes you want.

I also included my other latest units:

1st row: saracens (from the time of the crusades)
2nd row: some more wood elves
3rd row: world war II japanese infantry (including the one made by Alex Mor on wich I based the other units)

Attachments

• variousunits4.gif
    variousunits4.gif
    9.4 KB · Views: 3,984
Wow! :eek: Those are exactly what I was after - thanks a lot

*bump* for ANZAC

Top Bottom