PolyCast Episode 138: "That Was All a Lot of Nothing"

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication
What else is new. The one-hundred-and-thirty-eighth episode of PolyCast, "That Was All a Lot of Nothing", features regular co-hosts Daniel "DanQ" Quick and Philip "TheMeInTeam" Bellew with returning guest co-host Izzy "Izmir Stinger"; it has a runtime of 59m59s; listeners are encouraged to rate the show on iTunes and follow on Twitter.

The summary of topics is as follows:

- 02m08s | Forum Talk
Looking back on, and the reaction to, the latest Civilization V patch released just before Christmas 2011.
- 06m36s | Miscellaneous
A collective enthuasiam for, concern cast or indifference towards not one but two sequels to XCOM: Enemy Unknown through publisher 2K Games.
- 11m54s | Senate
Converting forests into lots and lots of gold in Civilization IV, not wasting worker turns in CivIV and CivV, and getting too close for comfort -- so to speak -- in CivV.
- 44m10s | Open Mic
Responding to the call for feedback for the show's fifth season that received fifty-nine responses in total.

- Intro/Outro | Miscellaneous
Giddiness sourcing, happiness for that which is lacking ever more, and now tweeting.

Recording live before a listening audience every other Saturday, PolyCast is a bi-weekly audio production in an ongoing effort to give the Civ community an interactive voice on game strategy; sibling show RevCast focuses on Civilization: Revolution, ModCast on Civ modding and TurnCast on Civ multiplay.

To be honest I thinx the diplomatic penalty you get from declaring war after you said you won't isn't mentioned is it global if so?

Then its bad designed because new players don't know this unless they see this at a forum

Wich thinx is a bad game design thats why diplomacy is still so bad you have to look at forum to understand it it is all hidden in a secret code

To be honest I thinx the diplomatic penalty you get from declaring war after you said you won't isn't mentioned is it global if so?
The penalty does appear afterwards, phrased something to the effect of going back on your word.

Hope you enjoyed the episode. :)

The penalty does appear afterwards, phrased something to the effect of going back on your word.

Hope you enjoyed the episode. :)

Yeah I enjoyed it and I agree the border thing is to sensetive but i thinx a lot of thinxs are to sensetive in diplomacy like the warmonger hate penalty :eek:

Top Bottom