How to make an AI to declare war on me?

killmeplease

Mk Z on Steam
I'm playing Sweden, immortal difficulty. I was isolated until astronomy, with 2 CS allies. Then i've found William right next to me who is a tech leader and an ally of numerous CS. He also builds Leaning Tower in his capital currently. So i want to take his capital with those nice wonders and great works, but i want to have DoFs later too as those are required for my UA so DoWing him is something i want to avoid.

What can i do in this situation? Denouncing him had no effect, ppl dont want to support me. His army isnt big so i think he won't attack me, he is busy building peaceful stuff. His influence on CSs is very strong, 100+ per city. Should i compete peacefully? I think i need some war to fight for GGs anyways, and William would be a perfect target. How to make him declare on me?

Spread religion, forward settle, move troops and look weak.

If you have a decent military already, most likely he won't fight you no matter what as he has nothing to lose.

You can also try to bribe him into a war with someone else who is popular.

Spread religion, forward settle, move troops and look weak.

If you have a decent military already, most likely he won't fight you no matter what as he has nothing to lose.

You can also try to bribe him into a war with someone else who is popular.

In the diplomacy screen click all of the demands - don't spy, don't settle, etc. Those all hurt diplomacy. Demand some things. Denounce him.

You'll get hosed in terms of warmongering if you take his capital anyway.

This is pretty pointless unless you're trying for some silly achievement such as no DoW initiated yourself. When you take his capital you'll never be DoF with him anyway. If you really want to go this route, you'll have to bribe another civ to take his capital, then DoW that other civ and take it and keep it yourself. That way you can get away with it, I think. Bonus point if the other civ eliminates him and you get to recall him to life if you liberate his expo city for example. Sometimes I abuse this in DomV to get some late DoF when rest of the world thinks I'm sending world into dark ages.

Things you'd have to do for AI to DoW you will generate more hate and last longer then a short and quick war itself.

Be good to others, get a DoF if you can, bribe them to attack Dutch. Flip some CS on your side if you can. Especialy those that are close to dutch land.

Then attack hard and fast. Grab capitol, sign peace.

Steal some land with a Great General, take on a different Ideology, tell him not to settle near you, tell him not to spy on you, steal technology, make congress proposals that harm him, spread religion - these are all the usual things. If you have an equal army to his, he might not declare war because the AI is chicken sh*t and normally does this when your military is weaker.

Things you'd have to do for AI to DoW you will generate more hate and last longer then a short and quick war itself.

Be good to others, get a DoF if you can, bribe them to attack Dutch. Flip some CS on your side if you can. Especialy those that are close to dutch land.

Then attack hard and fast. Grab capitol, sign peace.

I fear if I will be an aggressor nobody will dof me anymore
but William's attitude i dont care about

Steal some land with a Great General, take on a different Ideology, tell him not to settle near you, tell him not to spy on you, steal technology, make congress proposals that harm him, spread religion - these are all the usual things. If you have an equal army to his, he might not declare war because the AI is chicken sh*t and normally does this when your military is weaker.

ok i'm about to ban his primary lux in WC
nobody wants to DoW him though.. maybe if he attacked me they would be more compliant

ok i'm about to ban his primary lux in WC
nobody wants to DoW him though.. maybe if he attacked me they would be more compliant

Definitely hit him hard in Congress, it pisses the AI off. Vote in your religion/ideoligy, ban his luxuries and ask for trade embargo against him. Problem is, he might still not attack if he thinks your military is a match for his but normally on higher levels, the AI has tons of units!

Definitely hit him hard in Congress, it pisses the AI off. Vote in your religion/ideoligy, ban his luxuries and ask for trade embargo against him. Problem is, he might still not attack if he thinks your military is a match for his but normally on higher levels, the AI has tons of units!

currently my mighty army is 2 spearmen garrisoned and 2 caravels scouting
what i fear i have 2 DoFs already so he may take their strength in consideration

Normally the AI doesn't give a toss about who you are friends with - in my experince anyway!! Just keep your military weak but have a lot of gold to spare and if he does declare war, you can buy a few units and start production on a few more!!

Top Bottom