Population / land shoot up

mrddt

Chieftain
I start playing multiplayer (pbem) recently, and early in the game I noticed in demographics that some players have population / land shoot up. For example, on turn 3 my capital is population 1, which is 1,000 in demographics screen. And on the same turn I see in demographics somebody have population 6,000 (which I assume city size 6). How is this possible? (no game mods used).
Or, my initial land is 75,000 (turn 3), and somebody have land 150,000 (which is more than twice bigger). How is that possible?
Thanks!

Population isn't linear and you can get some kind of strange numbers. He may have grown and hit a ruins pop. I have a sneaking suspicion that land similarly is also not linear, but he also could be playing as the Shoshone.

Population isn't linear and you can get some kind of strange numbers. He may have grown and hit a ruins pop. I have a sneaking suspicion that land similarly is also not linear, but he also could be playing as the Shoshone.

No Shoshone in any of my games. Also, in some games, even with 8 players, population stays equal for all players for like 5+ turns, and even after that don't jump like 3 times in 1 turn...

1'000 is pop 1
6'000 is pop 2 ( simply a ruin)
15'000 is pop 3 i think
about the land maybe someone got culture from ruins and opened immediatly traditon which means faster border growth

There is a thread somewhere that lists how much each city size represents on the Demographic screen. It goes way past the biggest city I've ever had.

Top Bottom