RevCast Episode 13: "Do You Hear That?" (Part 1)

DanQ

Owner, Civilized Communication

Calling out yonder. Regular co-host Joe "joebreeves" Reeves is joined by his new fellow regular co-hosts, Grayson "Grayson" Middlebrook and Matt "elthrasher" Morgan in the thirteenth episode of RevCast entitled "Do You Hear That?" (Part 1); now netcasting, it has a runtime of 14m59s. The summary of topics is as follows:

- 02m48s | Topic #1
The first "Better Know a Civ" feature, focusing on the Aztecs: starting out.
- 06m23s | Topic #2
Differences between playing Civilization: Revolution's Artificial Intelligence and human players in the game, coupled with early expansion towards a first contact, all within the context as playing the Aztecs.
- 09m04s | Topic #3
Second contact: as leader of the Aztecs, how to handle the next civilization encountered.

RevCast is the second spin-off of the Civ strategy-centric PolyCast; the modding-centric ModCast was the first such spin-off. Unlike either of its older siblings, RC has no defined segment categories.

Haven't played for ages but i need to do another game of CivRev one of these days. And i'm gonna try out horse rushing, i'm not sure if i've every really tried it. I tend only focus on expansion and defence in the early game, and wait until cats/cannons or even tanks before i start biting back.

Haven't played for ages but i need to do another game of CivRev one of these days. And i'm gonna try out horse rushing, i'm not sure if i've every really tried it. I tend only focus on expansion and defence in the early game, and wait until cats/cannons or even tanks before i start biting back.

The Aztecs are one of the easiest civs to learn a horserush with. It's kind of like horserushing for dummies (not saying your a dummy if you haven't tried it ;))

A focus on expansion and defense isn't a bad way to play the game at all, but for the Aztecs, they really need to take advantage of their bonuses early. You can do so a little passively if you pick up a lot of gold and maybe some artifacts, but since an enemy capital or two are typically feasible to conquer, it just makes expansion and defense that much easier.

If you would like to learn more about horserushing, you can check out the guide I wrote on horserushing:
A Complete Guide to Horserushing

So i tried horserushing with Aztecs on Deity; absolute carnage. When the dust settled i had eliminated Mongols, Indians and the Japanese with just two horse armies.
No point with continuing the game as it would offer no competition what so ever. :)

Still, definitely some nifty rush tactics there with those horses.

So i tried horserushing with Aztecs on Deity; absolute carnage. When the dust settled i had eliminated Mongols, Indians and the Japanese with just two horse armies.
No point with continuing the game as it would offer no competition what so ever. :)

Still, definitely some nifty rush tactics there with those horses.
I don't think the RevCast panelists will mind when I say the following on their behalf here: :beer:.

Top Bottom