Tabula Rasa: A Mafia Game

Since I missed this deadline due to randomly being called to socialize ( :D ), I'm extending the night twenty-four hours. This allows the mafia to send in their kills!

Night the Second

It was odd. He wasn't sure if he had seen anything like this. He whipped his laptop out, typed some numbers in, and an IP tracking GUI written in Visual Basic popped up in front of him. He closed that window angrily and opened a regular database. Scanning it, his eyes flicking back and forth across the screen, the man could not find another comparable event. This was a first.

He grinned and closed his laptop shut with a light thud. Right on cue, the townspeople began emerging from their homes.

Strangely enough, not a single one had died that night.

"There are two things," said the man, leaping up onto the scaffold rather gracelessly as he missed the jump and slammed into the side of the construct before planting himself on the ground.

"There are two things we know about the murderers."

One of them can speak a foreign tongue.

One of them carries in his pocket a die.

"Carry on."

--

It is now DAYTIME.
Public posting is OPEN.
The day will last until August 9th, at 10:00 PM PST.

I believe Cull speaks another language, but if it's in-character, Tailesskangaru has a Soviet flag in his avatar- possibly Russian?

As for the die, I have no clue.

Inactive mafia again, eh? Well, at least that means we get some definite true clues.

The die, I would guess, refers to this, which is a Dungeons and Dragons game populated by NESers (so LightFang would know about it) and Owen Glyndwr is in it. Plus, he fits the bill of 'inactive mafia' because we know he's lurky as hell when he's scum. (See: Those Darn States, CFC Mafia)

As for the foreign language, well there are a few candidates for that clue, as civplayah points out. I'm going to go for CivGeneral because I know for sure that he speaks Japanese.

Heck, Owen's been lurky to the point of inactivity in recent games regardless of his scumminess. (See: The Academy)

Owen and hm... tailess for reasons posted by cath.

I believe Cull speaks another language, but if it's in-character, Tailesskangaru has a Soviet flag in his avatar- possibly Russian?

I do in fact speak several foreign languages, just not fluently.

If the clue is intended to point to me, then I am being framed. I can tell you I am not a mafia, and if you lynch me you'll be disappointed.

For the die clue, I'll follow Catharsis and vote for Owen Glyndwr.

Owen for the reasons posted by Catharsis.

I do speak another language(Mandarin) IRL fluently.

tailless - you're not being framed, the GM said the clues were true.

Owen is most likely an inactive, CivGeneral speaks another tongue and is also inactive.

I doubt LightFang would make the language clue something to do with RL. Freddie Mercury (from the band Queen) was born in India. So, he must speak an Indian language.

Zack

Well if these clues are true, that doesn't exlclude teh possibility day 1 clues were true also right? Today could have been the "false" day if they sent in their orders.

But I don't know how these games work exactly.

So if this is a false clue I would try to point out the million pieces clue--Cull can relate to both, as in:
cull (kʌl)

— vb
2. to take out (an animal, esp an inferior one) from a herd
3. to reduce the size of (a herd or flock) by killing a proportion of its members
5. to cease to employ; get rid of

or to pick apart/pluck (perhaps a reference to the million pieces).

But let's go with inactives Owen and CivGeneral as that is a more likely explanation.

Double post right now!

DAY THE SECOND

So many emotions coursed through him, he couldn't even do a proper write-up of the situation. He shut his laptop down with a sigh, and then he stood up.

He had been sitting on CivGeneral's grave. On it was inscribed:

Spoiler :
CivGeneral was a mafia member!

He walked to the exit, passing by Owen Glyndwr's plot. He knelt down and felt the letters that were on it.

Spoiler :
Owen Glyndwr was a mafia member!

The town was completely safe. It was easy. Too easy.

He walked out in the general direction of the sunset. He had so many towns to visit...

--

THE TOWNSPEOPLE WIN!!!

--

Owen Glyndwr: IIIIIIII
CivGeneral: III
taillesskangaru: I
Zack: I

It shouldn't have come as a big surprise though. What I'm mostly angry about is that my two randomly-generated mafia members decided to go AFK on me, which meant that the game was very easy. :(

I guess you can't win every battle, right? Once in a while, you get an easy game. And I had such an awesome title too! I couldn't even be bothered to do a proper write-up, I was so disappointed. :sad:

Well, to those of you who were active, thanks to you! I'll see you all around! Be sure to sign up for m-NotW III (yes, 3!) when it comes out!

I'm disappointed, too- first clue game in a while, and I die on the first night without getting to play it. Of course. :(

Oh, and Bobbtjoe, electric, and Domination got killed, too, but with Joe and Dommy, I don't expect them to last long, and... electric, you haven't even been playing mafia for a while, you died too young. :cry:

Bah, I wish I had a better first clue game.

Top Bottom