500 hours... and counting

snoproblem

Chieftain
According to Steam, I've played 509 game hours since May 2014. That's roughly an hour and a half a day, on average.

Actually it's higher than that, my client wasn't syncing for awhile. Out of curiosity, am I average for this group? Higher? Lower?

I'm guessing higher. :blush:

I was checking out the global achievement stats, and the rarest achievement I've unlocked is winning the game as Shaka Zulu - only 1.6% of Steam players have done so. I scored an easy time victory with him (Prince diff.) , so that info came as a bit of a surprise.

What gives? :confused:

Don't worry, that is pretty tame :lol:

I started playing at around the same time and I am up to 1337 hours (kinda like that number, I won't touch Civ for a while :lol:), meaning I have played almost three times as much, around 3hrs average.

I am the kind of person that tabs out a lot, gets easily distracted, or just leaves the computer running for hours upon hours, so you may always comfort yourself with the thought that at least a decent chunk of that time was spent afk or doing something else.

And even then this still doesn't come close to the time I sunk into MMORPGS when I was younger.. And I wasn't even the worst of the lot.

The lesson here is: There is always someone worse than you, unless your name is Klaus Barbie!

895 hours for me so far.

I don't play it constantly, but when I come back to it, I usually play it for a week with doing basically nothing else before I remember why I try to steer myself away from playing this game.

3445 hours since 2014, however I don't know how many of those hours were when I actually fell asleep or afk.

I have about 1000, I think, but that's just logged onto the Steam account; back when the game first came out I played it on someone else's account, in fact my current one is rather new and I played much much more on the other account. All around probably something like 2000-2500 hours, I'd wager.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. This is the game where the most-often repeated phrase is "ok, just one more round..." Rinse and repeat.

Being confronted with the hard number, though, was a shock.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. This is the game where the most-often repeated phrase is "ok, just one more round..." Rinse and repeat.

Being confronted with the hard number, though, was a shock.

This place is called civfanatics for a reason. All of us here have been addicted at one point or another to this game, we understand. :)

4090 hours. Since the game came out. I think I have a sickness. :lol:

I'm well over 5000 hours. A few years ago, I had two separate knee replacement operations and was rehabbing at home for 6 weeks each time. Civ was my savior, I played any hour, all the time, and it helped keep me sane. I do have a long history of Civ addiction, though. I still have my original copy of Civ I, having bought it when it first came out. It's still on my hard drive and I've been known to play it occasionally.

17,379? I can't believe that, would you add a screen shot? If this really is true then congrats, you might have just broken a record. I think even streamers like FilthyRobot haven't cracked the 20K mark!

Beats my measly 10,322 :(

488! Beat that lol ;)

Apparently I'm relatively new then...doesn't feel like it. :D

I think I logged a lot of offline hours though back when I used to launch the program without opening steam. My real total is probably no more then 700 hours though regardless.

And in all that time I still have yet to play about half the civs...so much content in this game!

Just looked at my timeline via old saves and achievements. Apparently I'm way less frequent then you guys. I go in waves, starting and finishing a game every few weeks once I got into it.

1. Got game 8/30/13
2. Played first game 9/23/13 - Byzantium
3. Second game 9/27/13 - Rome
4. third Game 1/8/14 - Carthage
5. 4th Game 1/31/14 - Ghandi
6. 5th Game 2/06/14 - America
7. 6th Game 2/12/14 - Germany
8. 7th Game 2/18/14 - Greece
9. 8th Game 2/26/14 - won first Deity game with Maya

I'm so glad civ records your progress, looking back is nostalgic! :)

I started on emperor level because I was pretty familiar with Civ IV and III as a previous fan and switched pretty quickly to immortal. My experience was that Emperor felt easy to win even as my first game. Immortal was a bit more challenging and I had to get used to early rushes and the sudden ideology unhappiness problems midgame. After a few immortal games I got the hang of these features and tried Deity after reading a few tips here on the forums. It was a good start though. Deity was the only level that seemed hard to me other then the occasional immortal game where I got rushed early. But the first game was a lot closer then it would be today. 1896 science victory on standard. I think Korea had 2 parts when I launched.

Wait, does the total on the library page for the game not include offline play? In that case I have probably way more due to Internet issues.

I've been playing random civs ever since I first tried above Prince. After a long long time on prince I upped to King and realized it would take several difficulty levels to properly challenge myself. As well as random civ, because playing as my usual favorites (Aztec, Zulu, Russia, Egypt) I'd have far too easy of a time. Nowadays I play mostly multiplayer and I like to host random civ games. It's made me develop a taste for Austria and Brazil-- civs I thought, before playing them at all, were totally useless. Although my view on Brazil might be skewed because in the last few weeks whenever I've gotten them it's been beautiful starts, one of the first in a while I got salt and Petra and mountain isolation.

17,379? I can't believe that, would you add a screen shot? If this really is true then congrats, you might have just broken a record. I think even streamers like FilthyRobot haven't cracked the 20K mark!

Yeah, but why would I lie? I would add that is my total hours on Steam not from 2014, but I don't play any other games. If you still wish I can add a screen shot - if someone can remind me how :)

I leave the game on for weeks at a time so mine is over 10k hours or something ludicrous like that

Erm, why? So you leave your computer running for weeks without turning it off? Bit of a waste of electricity....

Top Bottom