Stupid AI Trade Offers

docbud

Emperor
What are the most stupid AI trade offers you get?

For example, tonight I'm playing a game, and it's around turn 300 and around 1900 or so. The Aztecs offer me one horse if I give them open borders.

Why in the heck would I want one horse that late in the game and why would I give open borders for that?

And this was only King level.

Just curious what kind of crazy offers you guys and gals have gotten.

Quite often the AI just asks me to give them a random amount of gold for nothing. Like I'm a nice guy or something.

I can't believe the hilariously low amounts of gold they give you when you sell cities to them, while at the same time they never sell theirs no matter what you give.

They'll sit on a crappy-ass 2 population city in the middle of nowhere and not take 10 000 gold for it, but if you take one of their worst enemy's capital with 15 wonders, they'll give you like 500 gold for it.

It's like an entire part of the game they forgot to code.

I'm guessing that's intentional so you can't buy their cities for gpt and then DoW them. Buying other AIs' cities is not really meant to be a thing.

"What would it take for you to declare war with this civ, Bismarck?"
<Proposes a trade> "It would be in your best interest, to consider the following proposal carefully."
*Click accept*
"I'm afraid I must ask for more in exchange."
DavidSilverman.png

sometimes when i want to sell a lux i put it forward and choose the "what will you give me for this?" option to save time, hoping for GPT or a lump sum if we're friends. instead they choose some weird, nonsensical combination of horses, iron, and open borders. i realize it's all supposed to add up to the same "value" but it's still a pretty strange thing, like anyone's going to sell a luxury for 3 horses and 2 iron

also, when an AI really hates you it'll sometimes ask you for a luxury for 3 gpt. like why even bother asking? if i'm really that desperate for gold i'll come to you, trust me

Top Bottom