[BtS] - Updates and progress

Checked the PlotLSystem file. There's indeed no references to vanilla improvements, only the landworked huts (which we have graphics for) and the cottage entries (which we use atm for solar panels).

Is there a reason to include vanilla units and buildings in the XML files? I know that we did way back when because we didn't know any better. Do we still have to?

The units are removed from the Formations XML and I assume Geo removed the buildings from a System XML. Are we good to start converting these files and only keep the units and buildings on the Moon?

Geo - Is there any chance you could mail me your Art folder? I made some changes in mine and would rather have your master. :)

Is there a reason to include vanilla units and buildings in the XML files? I know that we did way back when because we didn't know any better. Do we still have to?

The units are removed from the Formations XML and I assume Geo removed the buildings from a System XML. Are we good to start converting these files and only keep the units and buildings on the Moon?

Not for BtS as the BtS Lsystem and formation XMLs no longer reference specific buildings and units. You can delete any vanilla units and buildings you wish without creating any errors.

Not for BtS as the BtS Lsystem and formation XMLs no longer reference specific buildings and units. You can delete any vanilla units and buildings you wish without creating any errors.

Sweet.

Revision 16 is up. Fairly large one. I'm updating the first post next.

Should I leave the units in that we have and set them to Future Tech for now? That way we can always have them if we need them. :)

I'll break it down by folder for starters.

Art
  • Civ4ArtDefines_Bonus - Any idea what the tag FontButtonIndex means and if it's important?
  • Civ4ArtDefines_Building - there's now an LSystem tag. Geo?

I'm hoping a good portion of these won't need much work. I've read that BonusInfos and Civ4LSystem are changed, but have confidence in Geo. ;) If anyone knows anything about the other files let me know and I'll update the post.

Oh, you're home now? Guess I downloaded the tech xml for nothing.

On your questions:
Not a problem with the buildings LSystem tag, we can sort of override it in the Civ4Lsystem file itself since this one is appearantly read after the buildings xml. The only thing we need to adjust for our Moonmod buildings is instead of using a size entry (for instance 3x2) the LSystem entry.
Were you able to open a game and see the research screen now?

Should I leave the units in that we have and set them to Future Tech for now? That way we can always have them if we need them. :)

For most of them, yes please. Keep the colonist, engineer, rover and perhaps the pistolman buildable from the start (like it is now).
You could always experiment with the eagle by linking it to Lunar Industry or Vacuum Logistics.

Geo - Is there any chance you could mail me your Art folder? I made some changes in mine and would rather have your master. :)

Will do, I'm just in the process of looking things over on my latest vanilla test.

Woodelf, do you know how much upload space the average member has? And do you know if a .rar file counts as a file or a folder? A folder may be 30 megs big, a file 10 megs.
Atm I have used almost 28 megs on several files, and the packed moonmod artfolder is about 26 megs big.

Oh, you're home now? Guess I downloaded the tech xml for nothing.

Yeah, simply update and see the progress. :)

On your questions:
Not a problem with the buildings LSystem tag, we can sort of override it in the Civ4Lsystem file itself since this one is appearantly read after the buildings xml. The only thing we need to adjust for our Moonmod buildings is instead of using a size entry (for instance 3x2) the LSystem entry.

So long as one of understand this we're golden.

Were you able to open a game and see the research screen now?

I'm a long way from trying the game out. The XML errors would be too numerous to click right now I think. Once all of the files are transferred over I'll see what happens and see how many incorrect leaps of faith I made. (like formations XML for instance.)

For most of them, yes please. Keep the colonist, engineer, rover and perhaps the pistolman buildable from the start (like it is now).
You could always experiment with the eagle by linking it to Lunar Industry or Vacuum Logistics.

The ones that make sense I'll try to link the right way.

Woodelf, do you know how much upload space the average member has? And do you know if a .rar file counts as a file or a folder? A folder may be 30 megs big, a file 10 megs.
Atm I have used almost 28 megs on several files, and the packed moonmod artfolder is about 26 megs big.

1 file, 10 meg max. Total max varies. I think the total can be modified by TF, but the max/file is fairly hardcoded.

You can break up the assets folders maybe.

Music the cause?

Nah, mostly the art. The artfolder on its own is 70 megs unpacked, and sounds has its own folder. (you still have the MP3's I sent you a month or two ago, do you?)

Okay, I'll break up the artfolder then.

Nah, mostly the art. The artfolder on its own is 70 megs unpacked, and sounds has its own folder. (you still have the MP3's I sent you a month or two ago, do you?)

Okay, I'll break up the artfolder then.

I have the music somewhere. One of my HDs, I hope.

Yeehaa, the two biggest sub artfolders are just under 10 megs when packed. This will work.

Up to 17. Added Future Tech and some Unit XMLs. Still have the big UnitInfos looming... :(

Top Bottom