My Brute Warmongering Strategy

PureRaidz

Chieftain
On Saturday I started up a game with Japan. Prince, Large map, Continents. I was doing fine until I realize Germany surpassed me in science by a lot. He also had a larger military. I was doing fine in the rest of the fields, GPT :c5gold: was around 70-100 (T120), Plenty of :c5food: food, a decent :c5science: rate and good :c5culture: culture.

Germany started becoming a real problem around the Industrial Era. He started surpassing my military greatly and I had to act. I went to war and fended him off elemenating his army, constructing a good army with all my gold I had laying around. This war ended, I quickly b-lined artillery and took munich, I then took Hamburg. I soon took Berlin and Germany had Cologne to itself and that's it. I had the land I needed and wanted and I was fine.

TLDR: I destroyed Germany

Now I also took out some CS' and then I decided to stop waring. Arabia still being my main ally, not deceiving me like Germany. Finally did deceive me. They denounced and quickly started hating me.

Now around this time the Iroquois were about to win a Culture victory. Here's my story.

I quicky set sale with nukes in nuclear sub marines, the nukes I had on the other island were ready to launch. I acted quickly taking out Carthage and Moscow with xcom's, 2 civs down. Shaka had only his capital left and that wasn't too hard. A few xmon's later and it was gone. Then Arabia, those bastards didn't get spared. I dropped so many nukes on their land, their capital was reduced to 1 civilian and they had no other cities. I didn't even send in my xcom's, Arabia wasn't worthy of them. I sent in my Mech. Infantry and took it. I laughed as I had my closest friend, now enemy say I had one and to take care of his palace.

Now stood the Iroquois who had a tall empire. I dropped 6 nukes in total, destroying their 3rd and 4th biggest cities, wiped off the map. Then made a peace deal, I took their 2nd largest city right next to the capital.

Now was my time, I took out a newly settled city near their capital, their desperation to live was cute. I then parachuted xcom's all around their capital and took it in 2 turns.

I stood their looking at a map completely white (Japans color) I looked across the world to see Fallout, pillaged tiles and no one left but me. I had won, as I look back.

I think I use nukes too much...

In all reality, anyone know why dom is so easy for me? Should I go up a difficulty? Tips for deity? All would be appreciated!

First I'd say Arabia didn't backstab you. You destroyed an entire civilization and then unilaterally conquered several city states. In the industrial or modern era your rightfully looked at like a psycopath.

As far as being easy, idk nukes is a very grey topic, even in the real world. In my opinion, I hate nukes. I try to pass non proliferation agreements as soon as possible. But of course alot of others have no problem with it.

But the Xcoms definitely tells me that you probably should move up. Xcoms are really not intended for the core of the game. There a bit like the GDRs. There really not intended to be used

In the OP you mention that you play on Prince, but then ask for possible Deity tips. That's a big leap my friend. You should try to conquer King, Emperor, and Immortal first. You could have probably won without all the nukes since it was on Prince, but on higher difficulties, nukes can win or lose you the game in certain situations.

Here's a link going into detail about what makes the AI more "difficult" as you go up in difficulty. I suggest you climb the difficulty ladder one at a time instead of leaping straight to Deity.

http://www.carlsguides.com/strategy/civilization5/difficulty-settings.php

Top Bottom