Starcraft and Warcraft MOD sign up.

IVZanIV said:
Is Raynor a good leader for the Terrans?

raynor is a good leader but we gotta think of some other good leaders, i haven't played single player in a long while.

Are we allowed to use artwork from the blizzard site themselves for this MOD?

No you can't. Blizzard gets real anal about using their stuff. Everything you use for the mod has to be completely made by you or anyone else not affiliated with Blizzard. I know this from my experience in trying to make a Warcraft Mod for CivIII.

Anyway, the real reason I am posting in this thread is to provide you with a link to my Warcraft Mod thread for CivIII. Hopefully it can give you some ideas and speed up the progress of this mod. Best of luck!

Here's the link: Warcraft Mod

No problem. I always thought Warcraft would translate really well to the Civ franchise.

The main factions in WoW should be The Horde, (Orcs, Trolls, Taurens.) The Night Elves (NE's, Centaur, Furborgls, Dryads, Mountain Giants) The Alliance (Humans, Dwarfs and Gnomes), Illidans Forces (Naga, Bloodelves, Dranei, Forsaken((They really dont fit to horde)), The Scourge(Undead masses).

But of course if you plan to make a game to span over the whole WoW lore, then I can come up with something else.

Trolls(Should be quickly expansive, yet easy to fall, according to that they did loose two great empires))
Night Elves(Should be slow to expand in the start, yet then explode, around 10000 bc the BL should come and bring them to ruins)
Humans(Should be very slow to expand, according to that they only really started to dewellop around 2000bc)
Dwarfs (Should be VERY slow to expand, according to that the only areas they controle are Dun Morogh, Loch Modan, Wetlands and The Hinterlands. They should be a very tough nut-shell to crack)
Gnomes (They should not expand at all, and be in a permanent Alliance with the Dwarfs.)
Orcs(Should arrive in the world around year 0 and start pillage the humans, some years later they should be beaten back, then putten in camps. Around 25 AD Thrall should free them and lead them to Kalimdor.)
Tauren(Should have a few cities in the start, yet loose them to the centaur and become nomads.)
Scourge (Should come just after Thrall sets sail, then the plaque breaks loose and kills the whole of Loarderean, The Forsaken should rebel from them.)
Naga (Should reside within Najatzar, their 10000 year old city beneath the water, has murlock slaves and such.)

Really im a WoW lore freak, just ask me if you want to know anything about WoW lore.

Magma said:
The main factions in WoW should be The Horde, (Orcs, Trolls, Taurens.) The Night Elves (NE's, Centaur, Furborgls, Dryads, Mountain Giants) The Alliance (Humans, Dwarfs and Gnomes), Illidans Forces (Naga, Bloodelves, Dranei, Forsaken((They really dont fit to horde)), The Scourge(Undead masses).

But of course if you plan to make a game to span over the whole WoW lore, then I can come up with something else.

Trolls(Should be quickly expansive, yet easy to fall, according to that they did loose two great empires))
Night Elves(Should be slow to expand in the start, yet then explode, around 10000 bc the BL should come and bring them to ruins)
Humans(Should be very slow to expand, according to that they only really started to dewellop around 2000bc)
Dwarfs (Should be VERY slow to expand, according to that the only areas they controle are Dun Morogh, Loch Modan, Wetlands and The Hinterlands. They should be a very tough nut-shell to crack)
Gnomes (They should not expand at all, and be in a permanent Alliance with the Dwarfs.)
Orcs(Should arrive in the world around year 0 and start pillage the humans, some years later they should be beaten back, then putten in camps. Around 25 AD Thrall should free them and lead them to Kalimdor.)
Tauren(Should have a few cities in the start, yet loose them to the centaur and become nomads.)
Scourge (Should come just after Thrall sets sail, then the plaque breaks loose and kills the whole of Loarderean, The Forsaken should rebel from them.)
Naga (Should reside within Najatzar, their 10000 year old city beneath the water, has murlock slaves and such.)

Really im a WoW lore freak, just ask me if you want to know anything about WoW lore.

Wow magma you can be our civilipedia man for history and unit discription and give fl;avor to the Warcraft MOD!

Killamike718 said:
Wow magma you can be our civilipedia man for history and unit discription and give fl;avor to the Warcraft MOD!
Ill be your man then. I love the WoW lore and will gladly make the civilipedia Just give me a little time need to look into xml files. ;)

Magma said:
Ill be your man then. I love the WoW lore and will gladly make the civilipedia Just give me a little time need to look into xml files. ;)

thx a ton for joining and welcome to the team, take your time you can start whenever you want.

Ok. First I need to know what units it is, techs, wonders, and so on.

Ive thought about having the Sunwell, Icecrown glacier, deeprun tram, The Silver hand. (As wonders)

Another thing, instead of pollution it should be named "Curroption" (not the crime thing, curroption in wow speak, the nagas are corrupted, blood elves, orcs were.. and so on).

Yet Ill start with the civs. And while we are at it, some civs should be more freindly/hostile versus others from the start and it should be very easy/hard to allie with them, like:

Humans
Hostile: Trolls, Orcs, Tauren, Forsaken, Scourge, Naga, Dragonkin. Likes: Elves, Dwarf, Gnome. Neutral: Goblins, Dranei.

Another one:

Orcs
Hostile: Humans, Dwarfs, Gnomes, Naga, Scourge, Dranei. Likes: Trolls, Tauren. Neutral: Goblings, Dragonkin, Elves.

Just some thoughts.

Also I know quite a deal about SC lore too, although i may have to refresh it.

Cant wait for SC ghost, and SC 2. :)

Haarbal said:
hate to be a b*tch, but aren't it zergs instead of zurgs?
edit: btw, i love to see these mods comming :)
It is, I thought the same, but didnt comment it.:)

No harm done.. I hope.

Haarbal said:
hate to be a b*tch, but aren't it zergs instead of zurgs?
edit: btw, i love to see these mods comming :)

:DHAHA im soo sorry guys, I wasnt the best speller in my elementry class and it stil can be seen to this day. forgive me on my error:blush:. i will try to correct all Zurgs to Zergs.:p

Magma said:
Ok. First I need to know what units it is, techs, wonders, and so on.

Ive thought about having the Sunwell, Icecrown glacier, deeprun tram, The Silver hand. (As wonders)

Another thing, instead of pollution it should be named "Curroption" (not the crime thing, curroption in wow speak, the nagas are corrupted, blood elves, orcs were.. and so on).

Yet Ill start with the civs. And while we are at it, some civs should be more freindly/hostile versus others from the start and it should be very easy/hard to allie with them, like:

Humans
Hostile: Trolls, Orcs, Tauren, Forsaken, Scourge, Naga, Dragonkin. Likes: Elves, Dwarf, Gnome. Neutral: Goblins, Dranei.

Another one:

Orcs
Hostile: Humans, Dwarfs, Gnomes, Naga, Scourge, Dranei. Likes: Trolls, Tauren. Neutral: Goblings, Dragonkin, Elves.

Just some thoughts.

i love the thoughts, they are great for the Warcraft MOD!!! really! keep it up!, i was just going to input some warcraft stuff but it seems you know MUCH more about the Warcraft universe more than i can imagine, i was thinking of if we can possibly add a bit of RPG to the two MODS by having heroes[ please input on this idea. ].

GREAT NEWS:: Most sound files of units and buildings for the mod for starcraft are done!!!! if you think you heard all the Starcraft sounds your out of your mind!! great stuff!.
i would just like to ask if we can replace those sounds with the units and buildings of vanilla CIV IV.

WarCraft sounds coming soon!!

I just wanted to mention that the StarCraft MOD and WarCcraft MOD are going to be seperate,just for those who didnt know.

Of course they are:) Its two complete diffrent univeres. im glad you like my ideas.

For heroes:

Orc: Thrall, Grom Hellscream, Orgrim Doomhammer, Guldan, Cho'gall , Killrogg Deadeye, Blackhand the Destroyer, Durotan, Drek'thar,Tojara, Nikoro, Kajind, Mikasa, Samuro, Akinos, Mazuru, Yozshura, Daisho, Kigami, Arashicage, Moogul the Sly, Jubei, Gar'dal Grimsight, Negal Fireye, Kazil Darkeye, Magis Coldeye, Bale Bleakstare, Gorr Grimwolf, Kag'ar Winterfang, Nazgrel, Morg Wolfsong, Kazragore, Fenris'ar Gul

Trolls:
Sen'jin, Vol'jin, Zul'kis, Zul'abar, Zul'rajis, Zul'maran, Jo Jo Headshrinker, Shaka-zahn, Shakti-lar, Mezil-kree.

Taurens:
Cairn Bloodhoof, Baine Bloodhoof, Magatha Grimtotem, Hamuul Runetotem, Marn Thunderhorn, Tygore Dusthoof, Tam Windtotem, Durn Harpyslayer, Kam Ghostseer, Kel Stonebull, Mull Stormhoof, Grok Bloodhorn, Malar Plainstrider, Taur Runetotem.

Forsaken:
Sylvanas, Varimathras, Bethor Iceshard, Nara Pathstrider, Anya Eversong, Anthis Sunbow, Clea Deathstrider, Cyndia Hawkspear, Mira Shadewither, Amora Eagleye, Siren Ghostsong.

Naga:
Lady Vash, Queen Azshara, Scilla Murkshadow, Lady Darkscale, Serena Scarscale, Lady Serpenta, Shalzaru, Krellian.

Bloodelfs:
Prince Keal'thas, Eldin Sunstrider, Tanin Hawkwing, Lorn Bloodseeker, Aldos Firestar, Gilaras Drakeson Hale Magefire, Kath'ranis Remar, Tyoril Sunchaser, Sylvos Windrunner, Tenris Mirkblood, Marakanis Starfury, Geldor Earthfire, Halendor Burnkin, Kelen the Destroyer.

Dranei:
Akama, they dont have others, really.

Scourge:
Lich King, Arthas, Arak-blabla(Cant spell the crypt lords name), Kel'Thuzad, Calis Wraithson, Venim Iceblade, Amnennar the Coldbringer, Araj the Summoner, Ras Frostwhisper, Lord Nightsorrow Lord Soulrender, Lord Dethstorm, Lord Maldazzar, Lord Darkhollow, Lord Lightstalker, Baron Bloodbane, Baron Felblade, Duke Dreadmoore, Duke Ragereaver, Baron Frostfel, Lord Darkscythe, Duke Wintermaul, Baron Perenolde, Baron Morte.

Goblings:
Gazlowe, Baron Revilgaz, Captain Greenskin.

Humans:
Sir Lothar, King Llane, Lord Anduin Lothar, King Terenas Menethil II, Galen Trollbane, Thoras Trollbane, Genn Greymane, Uther Lightbringer, Jaina Proudmore, Lord Perenolde, Antonidas, Khadgar, Daelin Proudmoore, Granis Darkhammer, Jorn the Redeemer, Sage Truthbearer, Malak the Avenger, Gavinrad the Dire, Morlune the Mighty, Adamand the True, Ballador the Bright, Manadar the Healer, Zann the Defender, Arius the Seeker, Aurrius the Pure, Karnwield the Seeker, Buzan the Fearless, Tenn Flamecaster, Nilas Arcanister, Andromath, Shal Lightbringer, Aran Spellweaver, Mannath Magesinger, Landazar, Doril Magefront, Peril Spellbinder, Conjurus Rex, Fordred Aran, Dalar Dawnweaver, Kelen the Seeker.

Dwarfs:
Madoran Bronzebeard, Muraodin Bronzebeard, Brann Bronzebeard, Magni Bronzebeard, Khardros Wildhammer, Kurdran Wildhammer, Falstad Wildhammer, Bor Stonebreaker Munin Ironcliff, Thorgas Broadaxe, Kelv Sternhammer, Grim Thunderbrew, Buri Frostbeard, Huginn Ironcliff, Thordin Rockbeard, Bandis Forgefire, Gar Doomforge, Baezel Bludstone, Modi Stonesmith, Aggronor the Mighty.

Night Elves:
Malfurion Stormrage, Illidan Stormrage, Tyrande Whisperwind, Quintis Jonespyre, Fandral Staghelm, Kathris Starsong, Adora Nightshade, Mora Moonsinger, Felore Moonray, Anara Chillwind, Kera Stardragon, Mave Whisperwind, Delas Moonfang, Mira Whitemane, Theta Saberfang, Tygra Snowscar, Ariel Darkmoon, Diana Windwood.

Gnomes:
Cant remember their leaders name either no one is known.

Dragon Flights:
Nozdormu, Alexstrasza, Ysera, Malygos, Neltharion.

Pandarian:
Chen Stormstout ,Mojo Dark-Ale, Sinjo Honeybrew, Kesha Wildbarley, Tatsa Sweetbarrel, Mushi Ale-Hearth, Jinto Reedwine, Masha Storm-Stout, Polo Barrel-keg.

Just some quick thoughts.

Great mod! The only thing that I'm worried about is the protoss. First of all, I think that if protoss workers can start an improvement, and then leave, the time it takes to build those improvements should be at least doubled. Another thing, is that maybe instead of having units come from towns, they should come from improvements. Maybe when you click on a square with an improvement, a menu could come up, and you could click what you want to build. For example, if it was a factory, you could click on it and build a tank.

Another thing is handling resources. One way to do this is to get rid of citizens alltogether, and only use them as hatchlings for the zergs. You could change it so that resources do not need a route to be used, and have workers build improvements on them. Once the improvement is finished, the workers must actively work on the improvement to get resources. The crystals could be in place of shields, and the gas stuff(haven't played in a while) could be in place of food. Use some python to freeze everything that goes on in cities except for building workers. You could use some more python do display the resources in the upper left hand corner. Then, when a unit is built at a building (read: improvement), or a worker builds a building (read: improvement), then resources could be subtracted from the stockpile at the town.

All of this would require python, but nothing is too radically new, it's just modifying what's already there for are purposes, and getting rid of some stuff.

I'm not saying that any of these ideas are any good, but it's just some thoughts I had.

Magma said:
Of course they are:) Its two complete diffrent univeres. im glad you like my ideas.

For heroes:

Orc:
Thrall, Grom Hellscream, Orgrim Doomhammer, Guldan, Cho'gall , Killrogg Deadeye, Blackhand the Destroyer, Durotan, Drek'thar.

Trolls:
Sen'jin, Vol'jin. (Cant think of more right now)

Taurens:
Cairn Bloodhoof, Baine Bloodhoof, Magatha Grimtotem, Hamuul Runetotem.

Forsaken:
Sylvanas, Varimathras, Bethor Iceshard(He is a highly ranked mage in the Forsaken society.)

Naga:
Lady Vash, Queen Azshara, Scilla Murkshadow, Lady Darkscale, Serena Scarscale, Lady Serpenta, Shalzaru, Krellian.

Bloodelfs:
Prince Keal'thas, (Cant think of more right now, mayby I have to wait for more prewievs of the expantion)

Dranei:
Akama, they dont have others, really.

Scourge:
Lich King, Arthas, Arak-blabla(Cant spell the crypt lords name), Kel'Thuzad, Calis Wraithson, Venim Iceblade, Amnennar the Coldbringer, Araj the Summoner, Ras Frostwhisper.

Goblings:
Gazlowe, Baron Revilgaz, Captain Greenskin.

Humans:
Sir Lothar, King Llane, Lord Anduin Lothar, King Terenas Menethil II, Galen Trollbane, Thoras Trollbane, Genn Greymane, Uther Lightbringer, Jaina Proudmore, Lord Perenolde, Antonidas, Khadgar, Daelin Proudmoore.

Dwarfs:
Madoran Bronzebeard, Muraodin Bronzebeard, Brann Bronzebeard, Magni Bronzebeard, Khardros Wildhammer, Kurdran Wildhammer, Falstad Wildhammer.

Night Elves:
Malfurion Stormrage, Illidan Stormrage, Tyrande Whisperwind, Quintis Jonespyre, Fandral Staghelm,

Gnomes:
Cant remember their leaders name either no one is known.

Dragon Flights:
Nozdormu, Alexstrasza, Ysera, Malygos, Neltharion.

Just some quick thoughts.

Perfect, beautiful setup! im likin, keep it up, i just need to know how the gameplay will be in the Warcraft MOD, Thanks to kandalf he widened the box soo we dont have to think outside it for the StarCraft MOD.

kandalf said:
The only thing that I'm worried about is the protoss. First of all, I think that if protoss workers can start an improvement, and then leave, the time it takes to build those improvements should be at least doubled.
actually i mentioned that under protoss units under the probe
Kandalf said:
Great mod! The only thing that I'm worried about is the protoss. First of all, I think that if protoss workers can start an improvement, and then leave, the time it takes to build those improvements should be at least doubled. Another thing, is that maybe instead of having units come from towns, they should come from improvements. Maybe when you click on a square with an improvement, a menu could come up, and you could click what you want to build. For example, if it was a factory, you could click on it and build a tank.

Another thing is handling resources. One way to do this is to get rid of citizens alltogether, and only use them as hatchlings for the zergs. You could change it so that resources do not need a route to be used, and have workers build improvements on them. Once the improvement is finished, the workers must actively work on the improvement to get resources. The crystals could be in place of shields, and the gas stuff(haven't played in a while) could be in place of food. Use some python to freeze everything that goes on in cities except for building workers. You could use some more python do display the resources in the upper left hand corner. Then, when a unit is built at a building (read: improvement), or a worker builds a building (read: improvement), then resources could be subtracted from the stockpile at the town.

All of this would require python, but nothing is too radically new, it's just modifying what's already there for are purposes, and getting rid of some stuff.

I'm not saying that any of these ideas are any good, but it's just some thoughts I had.

I love the ideas you input and if we get a Python volunteer we will definately Input all these ideas. You really got me expanding the limits to this MOD, it will be much more different than any other MOD out,IF we can input all that stuff in. although we might like to keep a bit of CIVflavor.

Top Bottom