Language translations for leader sayings

I finished translations for "Intro" and "Request," but I'm also going to go ahead and include the partial translations I have so far as well:

Finished:
Intro: How are you (lit:are we well)? I am Pachacuti, emperor of the Incas. (Allinllachu kanchik? Ñuqami kani Pachakutiq, Inkakunapa qhapa.)
Request: The Incan people offer this fair trade. (Inkarunakunaqa wak'aychinmi kay makipurayta.)

Partial:
Declare War: [???] You will not stand against the mighty Incan Empire! [???] ([???] Mana ñuqanchik sinchi Imperio Inka ñawpapi sayarinkichu! [???])
Defeated: [???] How has this happened? Someone has betrayed me! ([???] Ima hinataq kay pasani? Pipasmi ñuqata wasachawasqa!)

I finished translations for "Intro" and "Request," but I'm also going to go ahead and include the partial translations I have so far as well:

Finished:
Intro: How are you (lit:are we well)? I am Pachacuti, emperor of the Incas. (Allinllachu kanchik? Ñuqami kani Pachakutiq, Inkakunapa qhapa.)
Request: The Incan people offer this fair trade. (Inkarunakunaqa wak'aychinmi kay makipurayta.)

Partial:
Declare War: [???] You will not stand against the mighty Incan Empire! [???] ([???] Mana ñuqanchik sinchi Imperio Inka ñawpapi sayarinkichu! [???])
Defeated: [???] How has this happened? Someone has betrayed me! ([???] Ima hinataq kay pasani? Pipasmi ñuqata wasachawasqa!)

Thanks for the update, Hawaruna. I have incorporated your changes into the original postings. :)

Only one remark: venetian is not a dialect, it is a western romance language on its own.
I see some small mistakes here and there, but since Dandolo should speak eastern venetian and I speak central venetian, there may be some words that are different than the ones I use.

I'm not a major expert in Venetian, I just happened to have a Venetian girlfriend for a while. :p
But from what I can tell, Enrico's Venetian sounds... different, from what I used to hear.

i know hate no, he said "opo?!" which means "what?!!" or literally: "you can't be serious!"

I'm rather bemused that so far no Javanese speaker has been found despite there being 80 million speakers... I'll try asking my Indonesian friends to see if they can make any sense of it.

I'm rather bemused that so far no Javanese speaker has been found despite there being 80 million speakers... I'll try asking my Indonesian friends to see if they can make any sense of it.

but it's hard to find an old javanese speaker....

Fantastic work...was wondering if you are able to get the 'dead spy' speeches (when you kill theirs and they come to you apologizing for spying). Some of them are fairly extended, was curious what they are saying.

*Old Javanese

Old Javanese has tenuous ties to modern Indonesian at best, which in turn has enough linguistic ties to a language I understand that I can understand some words and phrases but nowhere near enough to make a coherent translation.

What's more hilarious is the fact that practically every line of spoken dialogue refers to "Gayah Mada" and the "Mayapahit Empire" which I find extremely odd; all the cultures I'm aware of w.r.t the south east asian region pronounce the 'j' as 'j', not some esoteric silent j. Maybe it's a western thing; I dunno.

What's more hilarious is the fact that practically every line of spoken dialogue refers to "Gayah Mada" and the "Mayapahit Empire" which I find extremely odd; all the cultures I'm aware of w.r.t the south east asian region pronounce the 'j' as 'j', not some esoteric silent j. Maybe it's a western thing; I dunno.

Most of the Germanic Languages pronounce 'J's as 'Y's I believe; though I've no idea how that would have anything to do with this.

Fantastic work...was wondering if you are able to get the 'dead spy' speeches (when you kill theirs and they come to you apologizing for spying). Some of them are fairly extended, was curious what they are saying.
Those are the same as Defeat.

Old Javanese has tenuous ties to modern Indonesian at best, which in turn has enough linguistic ties to a language I understand that I can understand some words and phrases but nowhere near enough to make a coherent translation.

Yeah I'm Indonesian (Javanese actually) and it really bothers me that he got the name wrong. I know Civ puts a lot of effort into the game but I feel like this is a detail they should have made sure they got correct. I'm not offended or anything but one can see how it might be disrespectful because Southeast Asians almost always pronounce a hard J

Could you imagine if they pronounced it Yeorge Washington? That what is sounds like to me

Javanese is very, very different from the language of Old.

but it's hard to find an old javanese speaker....

I actually know someone and sent them an email about a month ago but no reply :confused:

He calls him Gayah Mada first, and then the only other instance his name shows up he calls him Gahah Mada.

Top Bottom