1000 ways you know you played Alpha Centauri too much!

357. You do a full install on your home computer using your boyfriends Alpha Centauri CD so you can play it both at home and at university!
358. You start talking like your favorite faction leader (I've developed a Scottish accent a la Deirdre and my boyfriend has gotten the most annoying way to speak Zakharov's quotes - sounding eerily like Zakharov...)

359. You think that terms such as 'Polymorphic Software' are the proper, scientifically recognized way to refer to their subjects.
360. You won't walk through a park without a flamethrower (Or at least a can of hairspray and a lighter.) There could be worms anywhere!
361. Your political and ethical views exist solely within the boundries defined by Yang.
362. You consider Alpha Centauri quotes to be the height of philosophy.
363. When you see a hulking oaf, you wonder how the genejacks got loose.
364. As far as you're concerned, there is in fact a large planet orbiting Alpha Centauri.
365. Whenever you watch Babylon 5, you wonder why the leaders of the AC factions aren't in control of the Centauri Republic.
366. Mars is covered in xenofungus.
367. You've gone and read up on the theories behind various AC techs. If they aren't found you extrapolate them up yourself, based on whatever research you CAN do.
368. You would drop planet busters in order to get Alien Crossfire.

370. You bump this thread!

376. You ask for Soylent Pink at your school/work canteen.
377. You try to calculate the power of a Singularity Planet Buster in megatons based on planets.txt information.
378. After trying Civ 4 you decide SMACX is still better (as you already did with CtP2 and Civ 3)
379. Idem for GalCiv2
380. You search for all active SMACX forums in the Internet, and try to bring them closer, even if they are on a different language. :D
381. You cannot accept that the next Firaxis game is not SMAC2
382. You've printed out all available SMACX charts and gamefaqs (and of course bought Vel's guide).
383. You have made an Excel file simulating all of the game mechanisms and know by heart all the game formulae.
384. You've discovered some of the game exploits all by yourself.
385. You can't fall asleep because you're thinking too hard of your next SMACX PBEM strategy.
386. You have more than 3 copies of SMCX installed on your computer (one "clean" for PBEMs, one with your personal tweaks, and one for the mods).
387. You write "just one more
reason" you know you've played SMACX too much.

ShadowZero said:
372. You want to be able to see the secret project movies outside of the game as well.
388. You discover that you CAN play the movies outside the game with the playuv15.exe in the games movie folder and the open with command:);)

391. You've quoted Svensgaard to a land-lubber.

392. You read an article on the human genome project and wonder why there are so many drones in your office. (Isn't it complete and shouldn't that alleviate the drone problem?)

393. Your idea of foreplay is to ask your wife if she'd like to be your pactmate.

394. You ask your significant other to call you "Chairman" during sex.

395. And you declare Vendetta when he or she declines to do so.

398. Your dad bought you SMAC when you were 9 years old and spent all day on it for 2 years thereafter.(First game addiction I remember of)

399. You still play SMAX on and off.

400. You post the 400th reason.

P.S. I got CivIII and don't play it anymore either!

405. You laugh at your friend who cant eat spaghetti due to the mindworm resemblance, you can eat spaghetti just fine even if it dose remind you of mind worms. Crawling on you plate...looking for a place to lay eggs...their looking at you... Ahhhh! get them off me! Get them off!

406.You start making friends with the kids of U.N workers, In hopes they might sneak you onboard the Unity

406:Your dreams involve being chased by mindworms, and then standing next to Yang in a bad mood

Top Bottom