Bought Great People with faith after industrial era.

I don't know this for certain, but faith purchases of non-prophet GPs don't scale with era, right?
So the first GP of a type is 1000 faith. I don't think there's many valid builds that will give you 1k faith by the medieval era.

Prophets don't scale with era, either. Their cost, too, is based on the amount spawned only, as far as I know, although they are less expensive than other GPs. Other great people cost 1000, then 1500, then 2500 (Fibonacci sequence?) per type, not scaled with age.

I don't know this for certain, but faith purchases of non-prophet GPs don't scale with era, right?
So the first GP of a type is 1000 faith. I don't think there's many valid builds that will give you 1k faith by the medieval era.

False, the social policies tree determinate what Great Person you can buy. All only can be bought after industrial era.

Prophets don't scale with era, either. Their cost, too, is based on the amount spawned only, as far as I know, although they are less expensive than other GPs. Other great people cost 1000, then 1500, then 2500 (Fibonacci sequence?) per type, not scaled with age.

Indeed. Take the Fibonacci sequence. Chop off the two leading 1s. Multiply the result by 500. This is the amount needed to get the Nth GP with Faith. (Other than GProphet.)

Well, I know that holds up to 4k... is the next one 6k or 6.5k? Fibonacci would say it's the latter.

I think fib(n+2) * 500 is right.

I think it is historically accurate. Before the Renaissance, great people were often priests first and scholars because of their priestly occupation. This is true of many scientists of the pre-Renaissance. It wasn't until universities (and political institutions for that matter) were removed from the Church that GS, GE, etc. were often nonreligious figures.

I think it is historically accurate. Before the Renaissance, great people were often priests first and scholars because of their priestly occupation. This is true of many scientists of the pre-Renaissance. It wasn't until universities (and political institutions for that matter) were removed from the Church that GS, GE, etc. were often nonreligious figures.

Since this is true, should great prophets be able to find technology and/or hurry production?

I mean what part of my post is false, because your response appears to be unrelated.

I believe what is false is that he read and understood what you posted. I agree with you that regardless if it was possible, having 1k faith to spend on a GP in medieval times is unlikely.

Since this is true, should great prophets be able to find technology and/or hurry production?

Yeah but then the great prophet would provide a lot less beakers than the great scientist and a lot less hammers than the great engineer.

Top Bottom