Anyone up for a Warlords Pitboss game (Hamachi based)

patsfanwv

Chieftain
Finally got the Pitboss working under Hamachi. Post here if you would be interested in a CASUAL, fun Warlords Pitboss game using Hamachi.

For those who have never used Hamachi, I can show you how to set it up to play.

Finally got the Pitboss working under Hamachi. Post here if you would be interested in a CASUAL, fun Warlords Pitboss game using Hamachi.
CASUAL?... Hmm ... since when has the competition to rule the world ever been casual?

My experience is that once first blood has been drawn (or the first double crossing backstab is executed), casual goes out the window ... :lol: (if it ever was in house ... )

If there is some no war option (is there? I have never looked :lol:), I think that is what it would take to keep a Civ game "casual". ;)

dV

Well to me casual sounds like people who doesn't actually take time to mm their cities or such.. Basically a play style that can't survive past noble... Or the opposite of competitive so no one should play to win, i don't find it fun playing not to win so i am not interested...

so instead of "casual" maybe label it "MP newbies", and look for players who haven't played MP (or tried to play and quickly got crushed)?

so instead of "casual" maybe label it "MP newbies", and look for players who haven't played MP (or tried to play and quickly got crushed)?
Or maybe it is "Civ 4 newbies", as one of those GOTM medalists who has never played MP is probably not what is being sought! :eek: :lol:

Do you mean players who don't beat monarch in SP, perhaps?

dV

Sorry for the hijack but i've got a question based on your thread title...

Can Hamachi run like pitboss? Specifically can it be set up to run a game that players can log into, play their turn, log out, and then repeat the next day? Will it stay up constantly to allow multiple players to do this on different schedules? Is it possible to set up a 24 hour turn flip like pitboss?

The reason i'm asking is because for some reason the Fall from Heaven 2 civ mod will not work in pitboss. The section of the screen that allows you to pick the players is missing on the first setup screen. When you advance to the next screen random civ/leaders are assigned (10 for Huge map).

I'd appreciate any help or guidance.

Hamachi has nothing at all in common with PitBoss. Hamachi is a program that sets up a custom network. It is useful as it overcomes firewall issues. It can be used for any peer-to-peer application of which PitBoss is just one of many.

However i have heard about people being able to run ffh in pitboss before..

Top Bottom