The power of nukes

andrew00100

Chieftain

Indonesia was the score and military leader for the whole game while i was leading in science. Gajah hated me the whole game until i bought myself 6 nuclear missiles. Everyone in the the world turned from Friendly to Afraid and Gajah even offer me a DoF:scan:

I've only seen Afraid twice in G&K. Seems like it's more common in BNW

Nuclear diplomacy. Making those without nuclear material and those lesser nations yell "not in the face, not in the face!" since 7/9/2013.

Nuclear diplomacy. Making those without nuclear material and those lesser nations yell "not in the face, not in the face!" since 7/9/2013.

Loool :lol:

I like that xD

When I decide to produce nuclear wepons I usually do not mind what comps think about me:D

Haha, in my most recent game I banned nuclear weapons, but not before building myself one nuclear missile :). I had no plans to ever use it, but 3 AIs went from friendly to afraid in an instant, but they still wanted to DoF me.

I've only ever used a nukes once. Only to see the effects.

What should be introduced. If somebody launches a nuke. Every player should automatically go to war with that civ.

It would be nice to see how many civ would then actually use a nuke.

Imagine. 28 civs all go to war with you. (obviously dependant on map size)

I had this happen for the first time in my game. It does seem the AI's go to Afraid status when you get some nukes going. I am guessing if you are the first one maybe ... I believe I was the first one to develop nukes and I made 5 or 6 between bombs and missiles and all of the AI went to "Afraid" status shortly after.

I had this happen for the first time in my game. It does seem the AI's go to Afraid status when you get some nukes going. I am guessing if you are the first one maybe ... I believe I was the first one to develop nukes and I made 5 or 6 between bombs and missiles and all of the AI went to "Afraid" status shortly after.

There are hidden modifiers to make AI afraid of you when you have nukes and they dont. But a DoF:cry:...from your biggest rival

What should be introduced. If somebody launches a nuke. Every player should automatically go to war with that civ.

That won't make any sense & it would be terrible for gameplay. US nuked Japan twice, nobody DoWed them for that.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Nukes are great like that. Morocco in one game got nukes first, and he popped up and said, "Our words are backed by Nuclear Weapons" in the olde civ 2 way. So I went and brought myself a couple of nukes, and the whole world was afraid of me...

There are hidden modifiers to make AI afraid of you when you have nukes and they dont. But a DoF:cry:...from your biggest rival

This is because the nukes block of code not only increases probability of going Afraid but also DECEPTIVE; the biggest rival in this case is probably playing the deceptive part.

Unfortunately, the only thing that seems to trigger the AI's "Afraid" status is nukes. Wielding an army that could easily wipe them off the planet put doesn't even phase them.

Unfortunately, the only thing that seems to trigger the AI's "Afraid" status is nukes. Wielding an army that could easily wipe them off the planet put doesn't even phase them.

Back in G&K i saw Afraid twice and both came from Monty.
Both times he DoW on me and got his army wiped out

In BNW I've only seen nukes triggering Afriad

Top Bottom