• Brazil

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Shaka

Votes: 6 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The A.K.T

Warlord
Fav new civ? It has some weeks now since Bnw. Witch civ would you consider your fav out of the new nine?

For me its Zulu. so Funny with those super Impis.

Sure, Brazil sounded the coolest when I first heard of it and Venice seemed really powerful and unique but I prefer civs with a bit more

puts on sunglasses

Polish.

I'm a fan of Morocco. I love being able to settle in deserts and actually grow some decent sized cities.

I would've liked to see France in the poll, but I wouldn't have voted for them. They're bottom half for me. I like most of them, though Indonesia's total lack of synergy is off-putting. I've been having the most fun with Poland and Morocco so far... I'll go Poland.

Sure, Brazil sounded the coolest when I first heard of it and Venice seemed really powerful and unique but I prefer civs with a bit more

puts on sunglasses

Polish.

LOL, that was perfect.

OT: Assyria, not so much for any playstyle reasons, I just like the leader and colors.

Because the Zulu have no relevance to the franchise beyond shaka? :p

And yet they still chose a different leader in "scramble for africa"... How bizarre. Sure he lead the zulu during the anglo zulu war, but in civ the leaders "livelyhood" has rarely been an issue in the scenarios.

I love Venice - feels like much less micromanagement (even with the extra routes) and it's a lot of fun getting so much gold.

I don't really consider it a "pro" civ - it actually might be easier to start with than any other civ, since you don't need to know where to place cities or worry about land being claimed nearly as much (edit: also, since CSs give you their units when you take them, the military considerations of expansion are much easier to deal with). Obviously it still takes a lot of skill to get the most out of them, and experienced players need to get used to all the differences between them and a normal civ, but they're good for more than just pros.

While I probably won't end up winning the Deity game I'm playing as them, just the fact that I'm near the middle of the tech race in the Industrial era when I usually play King\Emporer (up from Prince\King in G+K) says a lot about their potential. Edit: forgot to mention a cooked setting: archipelago map.

Indonesia :D Love the overall atmosphere while playing, the soundtrack is awesome and the leaderscreen is beautiful.

Indonesia :D Love the overall atmosphere while playing, the soundtrack is awesome and the leaderscreen is beautiful.

Yeah, agree on the leader screen. And the way he talks, just awsome. I would rather have im in the game than playing him tho.

They made Poland incredibly strong in BNW. They are much stronger than Shoshone. I also see a lot of Shoshone OP threads/comments, but none for Poland...

Morocco, because their UA encourages the AIs to send trade-routes to you rather than elsewhere, and the Kasbah makes it so you can settle in desert and at least get reasonable, if not better-than-usual, tile yields, which makes getting Desert Folklore and/or Petra an absolutely awesome combination.

They made Poland incredibly strong in BNW. They are much stronger than Shoshone. I also see a lot of Shoshone OP threads/comments, but none for Poland...
Because we all play Poland and can't tell whether it's overpowered as an opponent :p
To be honest, I was longing for a civilization with such abilities and the fact that it's Poland only makes it better.

Because we all play Poland and can't tell whether it's overpowered as an opponent :p
To be honest, I was longing for a civilization with such abilities and the fact that it's Poland only makes it better.

I think Poland is too much of a fan favorite for anyone to complain about them.

Been playing Poland and it's my new fav civ.
Nothing beats 5-7 free SPs for me. In the worst case you get a full tree for free.

Exactly. This is incredibly powerful. How come no one is saying this is OP? I've seen plenty of Shoshone is OP comments/threads. Which do you think is a better UA, extra borders for new cities, or extra policies with each era?

Borders give you instant access to better tiles.
The free policies basically let's you pick anything you want (i.e. more culture, better economy, more science, better CS relations, you pick).

Top Bottom