The Neoteric Party

Dantius III

Chieftain
The Neoteric Party

The Neoteric Party is the party of the truly open-minded. Here there will be NO official leader, as there is in other aggressive factions, that is not first elected by a majority vote of his fellow Neos. I am not founding this party for my own self-glory, but rather for the new players in this game to be the the ones that take our civilization onward, to victory. It is time for new players, new citizens and new ideas to rule the Civilization IV demogame, apart from those that are already starting to found their political parties, and swaying the new to their old aggressive ways.

Here are the rules for this party, if you intend to join. These rules, unlike other parties, are unpolitical and are only established to maintain the free and open-minded nature of this party. You must be willing to accept four things:

• The democratic election of the Chairman of the party by a majority of the people, the Chairman being the official title of the leader.
  • The democratic decision of all policy proposed by the Chairman, with a majority vote also deciding what positions to implement.
  • The acceptance of all members who are willing to join.
  • The acceptance of democratic rule and the support of party policy, whether your policies are supported by a majority or not. We must vote on the official policy in the government, or we will lose our power!

This is all that is required to accept to join the Neos. The official goal, while not taken as a mandate that all party members are to accept, is to give control to the new flood of immigrant, or new, members of the demogame, to help them understand its workings and to give them a powerful party that will carry sway in the game's affairs. This is the party of the forgotten and the party of new ideas, and we will accept any player that is new to the demogame but an old friend of the Civilization series. To join, simply post on this thread or PM me.

Here are the party mechanics and how it will function:

MECHANICS OF LEADERSHIP

The election of the Chairman will occur with a democratic majority of the members of the party. When elected, he will assign the following secretary's to help him craft party policy, according to experience: secretary of religion, secretary of technology, secretary of domestic affairs, the chief of staff (maintains the military policy) and finally, secretary of state (who will become the temporary Chairman, if the Chairman is gone from official duties for more than three days, or the full Chairman if he steps down).

MECHANICS OF ELECTION

Chairman The election of the Chairman will initially occur with a majority vote of members agreeeing on who should be the Chairman. Once the Chairman is elected, he assigns members to secretary positions and begins officially crafting the official party platform for his term. Another election occurs when 1/3rds of the total party members express confidence in another candidate. An election will occur and if the Chairman loses the election by a majority vote, the Chairman steps down in three days, and the Chairman-elect selects his cabinent.

Secretary A member of the Chairman's cabinent can be removed from office with a call of no-confidence, with the blessing of a majority of party members.

MECHANICS OF POLICY

All policy is formulated by the Chairman's secretary and then proposed to the Chairman. When the Chairman approves it, the Secretary then proposes it to the members for a vote. A majority vote wins, and makes the policy official. Policy can be overturned by the Chairman without a vote, but remains the official policy of the party as long as a new policy is not decided on by the people. In other words, the Chairman must always support his own policies, but his fellow Neo's have the final say in any change of direction.

Here are the basic functions of each office, all of which propose policy for the members to elect with a majority vote:

Chairman The Chairman is the head of the Neoteric Party. He is also the one that the members vote for as the president of the demogame itself. His duties and powers are as follows:

- To select the head of each Department, that act as his advisors.
- To approve or veto any proposed idea by his advisor for a vote.
- To act as the leader of the party in negotiations with other parties in the demogame.
- To coordinate policy between his advisors.
- To answer to the will of the members and elaborate on official stances taken by the party.
- To carry with him to his post his fellow Neos.

Secretary of State The Secretary of State formulates party policy concerning the other nations in the demogame. He is responsible for knowing the entire diplomatic situation between every nation in the game. He is the second most powerful man in the Neoteric Party, as he replaces the Chairman if the Chairman steps down or cannot perform his functions, in which case the Secretary of State selects his own replacement. He is to report every leader's stance towards every other leader (using the "What do you think of..." option) and our +- value in relation to the other nations. If an election occurs and our civilization is elected as the leader of the U.N., he is made the U.N. Secretary General and the person that determines what U.N. legislation to propose. He at times must work closely with the religious secretary in determining the religious affiliation of our civilization. His duties and powers are as follows:

- To report to the party the complete diplomatic situation of the world in relation to our country.
- To report to the party the complete diplomatic situation of other countries, their likes and dislikes.
- To formulate the policy related to official stances against other nations.
- To negotiate deals in relation to the gifting of technologies and the trading of resources.
- To formulate policy in concern with which nations we should open our borders with.

Secretary of Domestic Affairs The Secretary of Domestic Affairs formulates policy on the best means of running our cities. He guides the policy on what civic options we want the nation to adopt. He is also given the power of proposing the creation of titles and new departments if needed. A new department, with a new secretary (selected by the Chairman), needs a 2/3rds vote to be incorporated. Titles (some merely roleplay-related) are given with a 1/3rd vote of the people. His duties and powers are as follows:

- To formulate policy on the nation's civics.
- To maintain a list that clearly shows what is being produced in each city.
- To determine the use of Great People
- To propose the creation of departments if they are needed.
- To propose policy with the Secretary of Science in relation to the space race.
- To propose a title for a fellow member.
- To determine in which direction to direct expansion of the empire and the ideal placement of cities.
- To propose policy on issues like workers and work boat construction projects.

Chief of Staff The Chief of Staff formulates policy on military matters. He must have a keen intiution in concern to military strategy. He does not determine issues like the declaration of war (this is the Secretary of State and Chairman's issue) but he does propose the policy on permanent alliances and defensive pacts. He is able to put up for a vote any supply of units we might give to our allies to stem the tide of a war. His duties and powers are as follows:

- To maintains a list of all our military units and their location of garrison.
- To determine the movement of troops and where they should be garrisoned.
- To keep an eye on other civilizations and to keep an open record on their troop movements along with where their troops are garrisoned.
- To propose the policy on capturing cities (raze or not)
- To strategize and determine the path to victory in war.
- To propose policy on the method of keeping in check the Barbarian hordes.

Secretary of Science The Secretary of Science formulates policy on which technologies we should research. He also aides the Secretary of State in an informal manner by advising what technologies we should trade, and what ones we should not. His duties and powers are as follows:

- To propose policy on which technologies we must research.
- To propose policy on which technologies we must not trade.
- To propose policy with the Secretary of Domestic Affairs in relation to the space race.
- To make sure a technological superiority is maintained.

Secretary of Religion The Secretary of Religion formulates policy on our civilizations spiritual affiliation and our culture. He maintains a list of each cities culture and keeps track of what areas are in threat of cultural assimilation. If religion is made free by Domestic Affairs the position is thereby referred to as the Secretary of Culture. His duties and powers are as follows:

- To determine the religious alignment of our civilization.
- To determine policy as it relates to cultural expansion.
- To determine the conversion habits of our civilization and the other civilizations we must convert.

All of these positions, whatever policy they propose must come with the required majority vote of the party (with special exceptions with the Secretary of Domestic Affairs). If there is any confusion let me know: these things can always be adjusted. Everything in this manifesto will need to be approved by ALL of our members.

CLOSING STATEMENTS

This party is formulated like a government, because my intention is to have the Neo's, the new members of the demogame, take control of the Cilization IV demogame from the old demogamers. Once we formulate positions, members will no doubt leave, but other members will come into the party. The first and foremost policy of the party: new demogame citizens must control the game, all other policy is secondary.

With fifteen members, an election for Chairman will begin. Thank you, and Power to the Neos!

*signs the document*

Guess I'm in now... I'd like to start by making a comment; is it not also more democratic to democratically choose a cabinet, rather than have the chairman create his own cabinet? Compromise: Have the chairman pick 2 people for a position and then hold a vote on which one should acually occupy that position.

The Chairman select each secretary, but the members, if they wish, can remove them with a majority of party members and force the Chairman to select another. The only function of the Chairman is to select the policy makers (the secretaries), coordinate their plans, approve their ideas for a vote and to act as the leadership of the party in the government. It is expected that the secretary of the given field works closely with the other party members in formulating policy. If they don't, they can be removed with the methods previously mentioned.

I welcome you and your party to the Demogame, the more the merrier. Also you said:
Dantius III said:
Then immediately following, in the OFFICIAL POST for this so-called open minded party, they follow with a list of things that you must agree on.
I believe you missed:
Alphawolf said:
You do NOT have to agree to the following goals to join.
It was right before the stated goals.

-the Wolf

I am in... Though I dont see much opoint to the pary. I am still in. AMybe you could PM me on some of our goals.

PS
I agree with you Dantius that the inlightened Imperialist Party is nothing more then a pile of facist contradictions and is a great example of a Catch 22. It is also just a way for one crazy person to put himself on a pedistal and trick others into believe in his own nonsence, and anyone who is in it has absolutely no mind of their own. But dont tell AlphaWolf that.

PSS
Sorry for that but I had to get it off my chest. And this seemed like good a spot as any to do it.

Your opinions about the IIP are noted, how do you feel about the Destiny Party. If you like it, then i have no beef with you (Memebr of MOO Too!). But if you have dislike, I will raise my eyebrow at you, and then the battle begins

Swissempire said:
Your opinions about the IIP are noted, how do you feel about the Destiny Party. If you like it, then i have no beef with you (Memebr of MOO Too!). But if you have dislike, I will raise my eyebrow at you, and then the battle begins
I am a member of the Destiny Party, or the Ministry of Destiny AKA MinDest, check the sig.

I no your Opinion Future, i was asking Dantius

Well everyone is allowed an opinion and objection to the IIP is noted, but please advise that I still remain a member there as well. Also be aware: freedom of speech (a fundamental right of democracy and thus automatically of this party) does not with it carry the right to offend. Not that anyone did don't get me wrong; just before accusations get out of hand and we make enemies out of everyone before we have even started the game itself yet...

Well, shouldn't we sort of continue debate here, or are we all in agreement and waiting for the game to start?
*bumpy*

Top Bottom