Starcraft and Warcraft MOD sign up.

Also ive thought about adding the Aqir(Sithlids) as a playable race, they were at constant war agaisnt the troll empires in the acient times, before the elfs had been "made". Neither of the factions really won a war.

I think the ideas that I mentioned would be simpler then creating everything from scratch. Also, as you mentioned, we don't want this to turn into a replica of Starcraft.

Edit: And it sounds from your first post that you quickened the time it takes to build improvements for protoss, instead of lengthening it.

I love you guys. But i think there are not enough Python scripters for all the good mods which could need one.

Well would offer some graphical help. but can only do phtoshop, nothing 3d.

Am looking forward for the Starcraft mod, a question, is it possible for the marines to have some swords or lances? like in the warhammer40k universe. Think it could add some flavour ;)

seZereth said:
I love you guys. But i think there are not enough Python scripters for all the good mods which could need one.

Am looking forward for the Starcraft mod, a question, is it possible for the marines to have some swords or lances? like in the warhammer40k universe. Think it could add some flavour ;)

SC marines does not use swords or lances, they cant hold them, they are too stuck up, if you know what I mean.

Marines are into a space suit (kinda) with a gun at their right hand. Mayby they could attack with that at close range?

seZereth said:

Thank you soo much seZereth, i personally have no photoshop talent, and it woudl be an EXTEREMELY big help if you find the time to creat icons for units, buildings and tech tree and any other 2D art I didn't mention. If you can create them it would mean much to me.

seZereth said:

we can definately add new units like I said in my 2nd post. keep unit suggestons open, all ideas are welcome

again thanks seZereth!

Magma said:
Also ive thought about adding the Aqir(Sithlids) as a playable race, they were at constant war agaisnt the troll empires in the acient times, before the elfs had been "made". Neither of the factions really won a war.

Magma you will be in charge of the layout of the Warcraft MOD and anything you want to go happens. your knowledge in Warcraft lore really helps the MOD. once we all have the layout and exact gameplay done , like units for each CIV (we already have CIV's thanks to many), and buildings like demon gates as a sort of barbarian camps with vanilla barbarians if we can do that, we have farms, and mines which can stay the same. (but for starcraft we will need supply depots also and pylons and creep colonies), we will also need a tech tree and civic options(form of governments), one BIG obstacle for the warcraft MOD (and starcraft) definately is the city names and WE NEED PYTHONer's! we will also need to change the terrain for the warcraft and starcraft MOD to further appropriate the MOD, like make the desert Brwon red not yellow with nice brown plains and have the terrain mix properly with red mountains as variation, we will also need different variations of grass if we can.(example from kalimdor) . Leaderheads can be done in time. im actually working on a Marine unit with maya soo we can use it as a unit. wish me luck.

here is a map of the WarCraft World to help WarCraft World Map

this MOD is a really BIG BIG task but it can be done, we just have to work together.

kandalf said:
I think the ideas that I mentioned would be simpler then creating everything from scratch. Also, as you mentioned, we don't want this to turn into a replica of Starcraft.

Edit: And it sounds from your first post that you quickened the time it takes to build improvements for protoss, instead of lengthening it.

im greatly sorry Kandalf, i fixed my error to further provide a greater explenation.:blush:

I was looking for that, but you have to realise that Northrend is not on the map and I'm not to sure about it, Magma would Northrend actualy connect to the northern icecaps? I would assume so but...

CivEmperor said:
I was looking for that, but you have to realise that Northrend is not on the map and I'm not to sure about it, Magma would Northrend actualy connect to the northern icecaps? I would assume so but...

When i first saw the map i too wondered where the Northrend was, but just as you said i thoiught it might be the northern part of the map.

about doing the art stuff, skinning wont be the problem i think, because no one can copme with any legal issues, when i create a skin. But buttons... that will be hard to do without having help from original artwork, so my questions are, are we allowed to take screenshots of units for example ( sounds weard, but would be a start and could be in the legal grey zone) and how much do we have to differ from the originals, so we wont get any problems.... want to be sure bout that, before i start making anything. and the other thing is, perhaps there is already fanart and we could ask some of their creators to support us ;)

after i can be sure about things, i will start with it (am a little bit busy right know with university, but hey i offered my help, so i will see what i can do in my spare time)

seZereth said:
about doing the art stuff, skinning wont be the problem i think, because no one can copme with any legal issues, when i create a skin. But buttons... that will be hard to do without having help from original artwork, so my questions are, are we allowed to take screenshots of units for example ( sounds weard, but would be a start and could be in the legal grey zone) and how much do we have to differ from the originals, so we wont get any problems.... want to be sure bout that, before i start making anything. and the other thing is, perhaps there is already fanart and we could ask some of their creators to support us ;)

after i can be sure about things, i will start with it (am a little bit busy right know with university, but hey i offered my help, so i will see what i can do in my spare time)

please forgive me if I bothered you from your studies,take your time, and your help is greatly appreciated. thanks a ton.

concerninig fan artwork here are some sites with amazing artwork!

http://sclegacy.com/art/
(More sites coming soon)

Thanks for the map.

Why Northernd is not on it is because Blizzard has not added it to WoW, because the instance boss who would be Arthas is far to powerfull to be killed by people who is called things like "Ipwnyou, usuxors" and like, he can in the warcraft world controle you by pure mindpower. That is also how we got the human deathknights. The remaining paladins of The Silver Hand had been driven mad of seeing their country being razed by demons and undead, so they travelled up to Northernd. The futher they got into the country, and therefor closer to the Lich King the more it seemed hopeless, and more right to slaughter people and raise them as undead, they lost their feelings. When they finally got to the Ice Crown glacier they were so mad that they swore oath to the Lich King, like he always knew they would. They were handed over runeblades just like Arthas', yet a little less powerfull. Well History lesson over.

What I have thought about for the map is:

1) A scenario that features the nowadays WoW, with Northernd, Outland, Undermine and so forth. There will be certain unplayable factions, like: Dark Iron Dwarfs, the Black Dragon Flight, The Scourge, Burning Blade(Warlock rebels), Centaurs, Sithlids, Hakkars Servants.
Certain races should have an unbreakable alliance, Horde: Trolls, Tauren, Orc, Forsaken, Bloodelf. Alliance: Human, Dwarf, Gnome, Nightelf, Dranei/Furborgls/Pandarian (Else these will be an unplayable faction).
2) Just the normal kind of mod, play random map and have fun.

Magma said:
Thanks for the map.

Why Northernd is not on it is because Blizzard has not added it to WoW, because the instance boss who would be Arthas is far to powerfull to be killed by people who is called things like "Ipwnyou, usuxors" and like, he can in the warcraft world controle you by pure mindpower. That is also how we got the human deathknights. The remaining paladins of The Silver Hand had been driven mad of seeing their country being razed by demons and undead, so they travelled up to Northernd. The futher they got into the country, and therefor closer to the Lich King the more it seemed hopeless, and more right to slaughter people and raise them as undead, they lost their feelings. When they finally got to the Ice Crown glacier they were so mad that they swore oath to the Lich King, like he always knew they would. They were handed over runeblades just like Arthas', yet a little less powerfull. Well History lesson over.

What I have thought about for the map is:

1) A scenario that features the nowadays WoW, with Northernd, Outland, Undermine and so forth. There will be certain unplayable factions, like: Dark Iron Dwarfs, the Black Dragon Flight, The Scourge, Burning Blade(Warlock rebels), Centaurs, Sithlids, Hakkars Servants.
Certain races should have an unbreakable alliance, Horde: Trolls, Tauren, Orc, Forsaken, Bloodelf. Alliance: Human, Dwarf, Gnome, Nightelf, Dranei/Furborgls/Pandarian (Else these will be an unplayable faction).
2) Just the normal kind of mod, play random map and have fun.

I was literally thinking the same thing for map's structure for the MOD, one The official Map and the other, random map generator with our own custom terrain for both types.:p

Killamike718 said:
I was literally thinking the same thing for map's structure for the MOD, one The official Map and the other, random map generator with our own custom terrain for both types.:p
Good, ill make the map. Cant wait to do it:)

W000000000000000000t!!!!!! I was thinking to do the same, lol! I'll be definitely on the team. Just give me some time to get used to the CIV4 modding (and pass some exams in the meantime :p ). Maybe I'll do some XML or pythoning.
For the sound I have all the sounds and soundtracks from Starcraft & Warcraft in wav/mp3 format and also some fancy graphics (e.g the animated starcraft cursor), I'll upload them somewhere when I have more time.

STARCRAFT RULEZZZ!!! :scan: .

milan said:
W000000000000000000t!!!!!! I was thinking to do the same, lol! I'll be definitely on the team. Just give me some time to get used to the CIV4 modding (and pass some exams in the meantime :p ). Maybe I'll do some XML or pythoning.
For the sound I have all the sounds and soundtracks from Starcraft & Warcraft in wav/mp3 format and also some fancy graphics (e.g the animated starcraft cursor), I'll upload them somewhere when I have more time.

STARCRAFT RULEZZZ!!! :scan: .

THX a ton milan, we need programmers, you really helped this MOD. actually i got all the sounds for starcraft and some warcraft soo if you can upload them it would be great with the custom fancy graphics, again thanks and welcome to the team.

Magma said:
Good, ill make the map. Cant wait to do it:)

That Sounds Great! we can customize the terrain later. The question is what size?:eek:, i was thinking making The biggest size map and a medium a medium, then when we finish this MOD completely we can make this map in all sizes!:p

Killamike718 said:
That Sounds Great! we can customize the terrain later. The question is what size?:eek:, i was thinking making The biggest size map and a medium a medium, then when we finish this MOD completely we can make this map in all sizes!:p
Sure thing. Ill start with the medium map.

Guys i found some NICE starcraft TEXT Check this out and can we import this into the game??? I uploaded it on to mega uploads is 41.3 kb [.ttf]. Im gonna go look for Warcraft Text Now.

MegaUpload's Link for file

Top Bottom