Immortal slavers!

:blush: I thought calling the game immortal slavers would suffice... big mistake! ...I will be more specific next time I guess :mischief:, but yes the spirit was to go to communism to whip with the Kremlin, not to work SP workshops :lol:

I noticed that physic love too, generally followed by a useless airship spam :D

edit: to be fair Shyuhe, I now realize I had agreed your switch in caste while going on full war mode... so I was :smoke:ing good too... ;)

To be honest I doubt we're going to make it to Communism this way... :D

To be honest I doubt we're going to make it to Communism this way... :D

So true... we were a bit too agressive too early to be able to reach communism... Next time, we should go with something like fractal (with someone checking it's not a pangea one) so we have to tech a little to reach the AIs (this would obviously force us to develop better our empire). Something like: unify your continent -> tech Communism/astro -> build Kremlin/navy -> have fun! :)

Meanwhile...

60 hours and no sign of a got it. :whipped:

Meanwhile...

60 hours and no sign of a got it. :whipped:

:lol: Rusten did say to me in IM that he would play his turns... I think he said yesterday (apparently no) or perhaps tonight... If he doesn't, someone just grab the save and finish it! (I am pretty busy in this moment, and also up in the Toku game as Sweetacshon didn't show up)

Cheers

Forgot to post in the thread. I told RRR I'd be somewhat busy so he gave me an extension. I was going to play tomorrow, but it seems other people are happy to play so you should just go ahead--there's no reason to hold up the game at this stage. Skip me and finish this.

Forgot to post in the thread. I told RRR I'd be somewhat busy so he gave me an extension. I was going to play tomorrow, but it seems other people are happy to play so you should just go ahead--there's no reason to hold up the game at this stage. Skip me and finish this.

So the one who can't wait one more day take it ;)

@team: are you game for a retry where we actually try to use the Kremlin? :lol:

No need for fancy tricks here--just waypoint and stack attack.

Just as I was planning to attack Toku he decided to make the task easier for me by placing some units next to my SoD. I happily accepted his invitation.

I took Tokyo and Kagoshima quickly but he didn't want to capitulate until Osaka was taken and our army was approaching Kyoto. This occurred in 1450 AD and I accepted as 50% of existing culture is better than 100% of nothing.

To be on the safe side I took a city from De Gaulle as well, but I don't think this was necessary.

End the turn and check the VC.

63.99% :rolleyes:
Fortunately Tokyo was about to pop its borders so all we needed was 1 more turn.

Score.

Good game. :) Unfortunately there was no Kremlin action, but that is the way of Pangea. If we are to play the variant again we'd have to pick the map carefully.

Nicely done Rusten! And congrats to the team! Really a nice game...even if we didn't even try to build the Kremlin (would have need to at least try to reach communism :lol:)...

2 questions:
Rusten, do you have a save?
Who is OK with another attempt? And with which map?

Cheers,
Raskolnikov

Sure. Hemispheres is the best for continents-like games. Fractal is too often a pangaea and Continents is only good if you need high predictability, which I don't think we do for this game.

Don't think I saved, but I have the replay file. I'm assuming the reason you ask is to get it in your HoF.

My self-imposed civ exile is slowly coming to a close so if you've got space in the roster for the next game I'd like to be considered.

@Rusten: no don't worry, I just wanted to have a look (at your play :p)...

@Pigswill: as Mysty is having a civing break, you could replace him in the next game :).

In anycase, I will try to make a thread today or tomorrow.

Cheers

Yeap, I am still hesitating between a "checked" fractal (to not end up with a pangea style map) and hemispheres as Jet said. I don't play the last script often so I will look at some maps to have a better idea.

What about some variety of archipelago, low sea level, no colonies or vassals and win by domination (SP virtually mandatory to survive overseas expenses).

The AI is silly dumb on archipelago unless you do snaky continents. And it's not a fun mapscript for people to play because of all the naval micro involved. I'd just go hemispheres. I don't remember it very well but I think it makes continents that require astronomy.

guys thanks for the massive game, i went over every post. got to learn a heck lotta new stuffs.
is it okay to take some of the saved games and maybe play differently from there on ?

Like during the early years, if I was to attack Greece instead of Spain .... and the likes... kindly let me know ..

Top Bottom