Main Download Information

Patch G is up.

A New Dawn 1.74 Patch G Changes:
  • Fixed CTD When Player With No Capital Attempts to change Warplans
  • All Air Units will have Automation available to them
  • Fixed Eternity Gamespeed
  • Improved City Screen Commerce Hovers
  • Buildings that Give Free Trade Routes show Actual Effects.

Excellent! I really appreciate all of the hard work on the modmod. I can't wait to see what you can do in Civ V!

Not sure if this is the correct thread but.....

Trying to install 1.74, worked fine on my XP laptop, but my Vista laptop is complaining that it can't find the WOC_installer.jar, I have the latest version of Java, anything else I need to do to get the installer to work correctly? (apparantly mod won't run without the WOC_Installer having run :-( )

Also I'm sure I remember reading that there was something you needed to do to allow the use of more than 2GB of memory (or something like that), is that a bad memory or is there something i need to reconfigire to allow this?

possibly answered my own question by checking a differnt thread, thing is I've downloaded the 1.74 exe from the same place I got the one for my XP laptop, shouldn't be any difference?....oh well, will try downloading again and installing, annoying thing is if it goes qrong I've got to remove ROM and start again!!....grrrrr.....

Okay that makes no sense what-so-ever....it worked, downloaded from the smae location so effectively the same file, yet this time the WOC_installer worked fine

does this fix the problem with the nuclear weapons only being able to reach a few spaces around a city. This was for all nukes as far as I could tell.

Really nice ideas!:goodjob:
But I still have a problem with AND 1.74 G.
When I start ROM it takes 2-3 mins until it starts to load. And then when it starts I need to set the screen resolution to my 1900:1080. Everytime I run RoM I have to this:mad:.
Also the AND didn't make it faster it made it even slower...:eek:

Really nice ideas!:goodjob:
But I still have a problem with AND 1.74 G.
When I start ROM it takes 2-3 mins until it starts to load. And then when it starts I need to set the screen resolution to my 1900:1080. Everytime I run RoM I have to this:mad:.
Also the AND didn't make it faster it made it even slower...:eek:

1. It is slow because of all the modules/content.
2. The first time you play RoM/AND it resets the graphics settings because AND has more options under Cntl-O than other mods.
3. RoM/ANd is slower to start but usually faster to play. ;)

It's not only the first time I run it...
Everytime when I start Civ 4 BTS the screen resolution is at 1280:720. So I change it to my 1900:1080. Then I start AND and it's again at 1280:720:mad:. Also it changes the graphic quality to high.

It's not only the first time I run it...
Everytime when I start Civ 4 BTS the screen resolution is at 1280:720. So I change it to my 1900:1080. Then I start AND and it's again at 1280:720:mad:. Also it changes the graphic quality to high.

You have to run the mod directly from a shortcut to disable that video (and other) settings reset

Target of the shortcut : "civ4 location\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod=\Rise of Mankind

it will load automatically the ROM mod.

Unfortunately, the settings will be reset if you load another mod, even with shortcut.

I've found that by editing the Civilization.ini file to match my resolution, I get the correct resolution even after changing mods. Here's what to edit:
Spoiler :
; Custom Screen Height, minimum: 768 - Normal resolutions can be set in-game and will be used when set to 0
ScreenHeight = 1080

; Custom Screen Width, minimum: 1024 - Normal resolutions can be set in-game and will be used when set to 0
ScreenWidth = 1920

Right, it help for the screen resolution.

But I think all the other settings are reset (all the options for Workers that don't deforest,...).

Patch H for 1.74 is out! Enjoy! ;)

A New Dawn 1.74 Patch H Changes:
  • New Auto Air Recon Unit Automation
  • New Auto Promote Unit Automation
  • New Auto Upgrade Unit Automation
  • Diplomacy Settings work in MP
  • Tech Trading and Tech Brokering Options work correctly in MP
  • Fixed Overzealous Missionary AI behavior
  • Optimized Code - Should marginally decrease turn times
  • Added OnGameStart callback for when maps are regenerated
  • Forest and Jungle Landmark Signs disappear correctly when the feature is removed
  • Landmark Civic yields are remembered after saving
  • Dead Players can not hold onto tiles after death
  • Improved Civic AI
  • New AND Setting Option - No Auto Corporation Founding
  • RevDCM Settings all work in MP
  • Workers can properly spread forest and jungles

Didn't you watch LOTR:ROTK Extended Edition? The staff got broken by the Witch King of Angmar. Now I have to use all these second-rate staffs, which is the problem..

Didn't you watch LOTR:ROTK Extended Edition? The staff got broken by the Witch King of Angmar. Now I have to use all these second-rate staffs, which is the problem..
That does not happen in the book!;)

It seems that Patch H has broken my saves.

Top Bottom