Main Download Information

(X):\Program Files (x86)\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Rise of Mankind\Assets\CvGameCoreDLL Bak File (5824KB)

It should reside in this path.

JosEPh

I have CvGameCoreDLL.dll but i'm guessing this isn't right. Either way the installer will not recognise 1.53 even with a fresh isntall of AND :confused:

I have CvGameCoreDLL.dll but i'm guessing this isn't right. Either way the installer will not recognise 1.53 even with a fresh isntall of AND :confused:

Try turning off UAC, and then install AND 1.53. Then the patch.

Try turning off UAC, and then install AND 1.53. Then the patch.

Tried and even re downloaded 1.53 and the patch. The installer definately isn't putting CvGameCoreDLL Bak into the assets folder. If i continued the install of the patch without it would it cause a problem?.... or more to the point does the exclusion of this file cause me any problems anyway?

Tried and even re downloaded 1.53 and the patch. The installer definately isn't putting CvGameCoreDLL Bak into the assets folder. If i continued the install of the patch without it would it cause a problem?.... or more to the point does the exclusion of this file cause me any problems anyway?

There are step-by-step install directions on the FAQ thread. I would consult those. It's fairly important the the CvGameCorDLL.bak be created, or you will not be able to uninstall AND successfully.

Just a random thought - I had similar problems at one time - it turned out that one of my folders had become read only for some reason. After setting them all to not read only (twice) installation worked. I have XP as my operating system.

There are step-by-step install directions on the FAQ thread. I would consult those. It's fairly important the the CvGameCorDLL.bak be created, or you will not be able to uninstall AND successfully.

I followed the install procedure to the letter and everything seems to work fine, but still no CvGameCorDLL.bak. CvGameCorDLL..dll is created so surely the installer is putting things where it should. Also when I remove 1.53 it seems to remove everything ok.

Just a random thought - I had similar problems at one time - it turned out that one of my folders had become read only for some reason. After setting them all to not read only (twice) installation worked. I have XP as my operating system.

tried this also. The files were indeed set to read only but turning it off didn't make any difference :sad: Am I seriously the only one who has encountered this?!?!

I followed the install procedure to the letter and everything seems to work fine, but still no CvGameCorDLL.bak. CvGameCorDLL..dll is created so surely the installer is putting things where it should. Also when I remove 1.53 it seems to remove everything ok.

tried this also. The files were indeed set to read only but turning it off didn't make any difference :sad: Am I seriously the only one who has encountered this?!?!

Okay, quick question, if you install AND 1.53, does all the new content and new civilipedia section still install okay? If so, just ignore the patch warning and install anyway. Just don't use the uninstaller.

yes everything is there, content and AND civilopedia entry and the game played fine... although i did get lots of ctd's at the industrial era but i put those down to bad luck and not having 1.54.

I have already used the uninstaller many times and it seemed to work fine also.

New Patch Released!
(Happy New Years!)

A New Dawn patch 1.55

Bug Fixes:

• The AI will not replace sea tunnels with non-sea tunnel routes
  • Noble, Lord, and Warlord Units Require Vassalage, Aristocracy, or Feudalism before they can be trained.
  • Switching to Coinage and Guilds now cause Anarchy
  • Fixed the spawning issue with Great Generals (I hope)
  • Fixes bug where replaced buildings were still active.
  • Surround and Destroy gameoption now works.
  • Fixed a bug When Tech Brokering and Tech Diffusion were both active, the AI would refuse to trade most techs.

thx :)

I'll be DL'ing tomorrow

New Patch Released!
(Happy New Years!)

A New Dawn patch 1.55

Bug Fixes:

• The AI will not replace sea tunnels with non-sea tunnel routes
  • Noble, Lord, and Warlord Units Require Vassalage, Aristocracy, or Feudalism before they can be trained.
  • Switching to Coinage and Guilds now cause Anarchy
  • Fixed the spawning issue with Great Generals (I hope)
  • Fixes bug where replaced buildings were still active.
  • Surround and Destroy gameoption now works.
  • Fixed a bug When Tech Brokering and Tech Diffusion were both active, the AI would refuse to trade most techs.

I hope you got that darn pesky Worlds Fair one, boy is that a nuisance.

Two fixes are not in the patch 1.55:
-Noble units are not restricted to specific civics
-Arctic buildings weren't tweaked at all

Notice: I installed to Desktop since I did had some small tweaks in my AND installation so I wanted to install manually. That is how I know you were missing a couple of fixes you promised. The rest are way under the hood for me to know whether or not you did include them or were successfully installed by me.

I get the same thing. :nuke: :sad:

JosEPh

Click on the attachment on the below of the first post, not the link in the patch spoiler. He knows about it.

Yeah just spotted it. Already D/L'd too.

JosEPh

Two fixes are not in the patch 1.55:
-Noble units are not restricted to specific civics

Bug with the patch. I seemed to have fixed it, I re-uploaded the patch. The patch was wrongly deleting the entire Custom_Units folder. Sorry to the 16 users who got the patch, I'd re-install if you did.
-Arctic buildings weren't tweaked at all

Because the patch is for 1.53 or 1.54, I included changes that the 1.54 patch had too. 1.54 tweaked the arctic buildings.

Notice: I installed to Desktop since I did had some small tweaks in my AND installation so I wanted to install manually. That is how I know you were missing a couple of fixes you promised. The rest are way under the hood for me to know whether or not you did include them or were successfully installed by me.

Well aren't you tricky. :mischief:

Just to be sure, this is savegame compatible right? I restarted a game and got a good thing going, I don't want to ruin it.

Top Bottom