Resource icon

Enhanced User Interface v1.29i

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Sid Meier's Civilization V/Assets/DLC.

EDIT: I placed the "UI_bc1" folder into the above folder and Enhanced UI works! I dunno why it didn't work before.

I have an issue with the top bar. I mean the black bar at the top which tells you how much science, culture, faith you are generating as well as your strategic resources and trade routes. As far as I am aware the mod is working except for this. I still have the default ugly black bar running across the entire length of the screen. The funny thing is that it was working when I first copied the UI_bc1 folder to the DLC folder but (and I don't know when) it reverted back to the black bar and every time I try to change it to the nice de-cluttered one it has no effect. Help would be appreciated. So confused.

I'm pretty sure some other aspects of the mod aren't working either but I have no idea how to make them work. It's a pretty easy copy and paste job to implement this silent DLC. I don't see how I could mess this up.

Solid mod mate :goodjob:

Btw is there a way to move the vertical ribbon (showing known civilizations and city states) from the right side to the left?

My screen is 1366x768 so there's not much space on the right for both the ribbon and notification panel. I know how to remove the unit panel on the left. If possible I want to put the ribbon on the left and let use right side for notification as default.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Hello o/

I do now see wealth nor science conversion options in city view :/ Am I missing something? Apart from that, everything seems to work, thanks!

Every old screen is a clickable thing on the panel at the top

Clicking on Tourism will lead you to the general Cultural Overview
Clicking on Routes will lead you to Trade Screen/Routes Screen etc.

Hi. First of all, great mod!

I'm here to report a bug: see attached files and screenshot. This is a simple standard, archipelago game, BNW. A Goody Hut revealed Rotterdam, an Amsterdam city.

Without the mod, Rotterdam is not clickable.

With the mod, Rotterdam *is* clickable and send me to William diplo screen. However, William shows as "emotionless" and it doesn't show in the diplomatic right corner.

I think this would give people using this mod an unfair advantage over the default UI, and may even generate further bugs...

Attachments

• AutoSave_0074 BC-1040.Civ5Save
    800 KB · Views: 44
  • bug.jpg
    bug.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 213
I'm here to report a bug: see attached files and screenshot. This is a simple standard, archipelago game, BNW. A Goody Hut revealed Rotterdam, an Amsterdam city.

Without the mod, Rotterdam is not clickable.

With the mod, Rotterdam *is* clickable and send me to William diplo screen. However, William shows as "emotionless" and it doesn't show in the diplomatic right corner.

I think this would give people using this mod an unfair advantage over the default UI, and may even generate further bugs...
The screenshot shows a "minimized" city banner in strategic mode: this type of banner is controlled directly be the core executable, and EUI (lua code) has no control in this mode. So the game behavior should be the same in this case with or without EUI. And when clicking non-minimized city banners under EUI control, EUI click action should do nothing for unmet players.

Cheers

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum - I don't know if this is EU related or not. I'm running EUI 1.23 RC1 but also a lot of other mods like the Community Patch Project mod pack including City State Diplomacy mod. I'm rather confident I removed all the duplicate lua files that would cause mod conflicts

I use the strategic view a lot due to performance issues but I'm experiencing some problems.

When using the default view my city banner shows a lot of relevant information about the city, e.g. what it's currently producing, religion, city border growyh, etc... This information is however mostly lost when I switch to the strategic view. Sometimes, however, I "manage" to use the strategic view and still retain the info ion the city banner. I have no idea why and when I loose/retain the information.

Any ideas? Any hints to which files I should be looking for?

Included three screen shots to show what i mean.

\Skodkim

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0006.jpg
    Civ5Screen0006.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 119
  • Civ5Screen0007.jpg
    Civ5Screen0007.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 167
  • Civ5Screen0008.jpg
    Civ5Screen0008.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 161
Which is a terrible, terrible feature of thestrategic view (the fact that the detail goes away as you zoom out). I also use it when playing on my laptop and I hate having to be super zoomed in for that.

It doesn't have anything to do with EUI though.

OMG is that really it..? I've never been able to figure out what was going on here and I feel like such a noob now :)

Anyway thanks for the help!

\Skodkim

So when I have a city-state dialogue box pop up, I get two of them. One on top of the other. I think one is the normal game, and one is the mod. I'm on a completely clean install of the newest version on steam, along with the newest version on the forums.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 81
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 98
Followed the instructions exactly, still won't work for me.

Turned off score list, removed existing UI-bc1 folder, no incompatible mods, correct versions and everything.

I use a PC, can anyone tell me why it isn't working?

Turned off score list, removed existing UI-bc1 folder, no incompatible mods, correct versions and everything.

What isn't working? The mod?

Are you placing it in the main DLC folder? or the expansion pack folders? You need to place it in Civ5/DLC, not Civ5/Expansion1/DLC/ etc. or whatever the path is.

What isn't working? The mod?

Are you placing it in the main DLC folder? or the expansion pack folders? You need to place it in Civ5/DLC, not Civ5/Expansion1/DLC/ etc. or whatever the path is.

It's in the main DLC folder. And it's the enhanced interface that isn't working, not the mods.

So when I have a city-state dialogue box pop up, I get two of them. One on top of the other. I think one is the normal game, and one is the mod. I'm on a completely clean install of the newest version on steam, along with the newest version on the forums.
this is a know issue with some computers incorrectly extracting the zero-sized files
For some reason some .LUA and .XML files are just folders named "folder.lua" or "folder.xml" and not actual .lua or .xml files.
And this happens in other modules as well, specifically those modules that you see "doubles" in-game (original interface overlapping modded).
solution = use a different zip extractor than the one you are using
It's in the main DLC folder. And it's the enhanced interface that isn't working, not the mods.
maybe the mods you are using are not as compatible as you think... and no lua.log = no investigation

Cheers

this is a know issue with some computers incorrectly extracting the zero-sized files

solution = use a different zip extractor than the one you are using

maybe the mods you are using are not as compatible as you think... and no lua.log = no investigation

Cheers

InfoAddict is the one mod that I was using.

And to put it bluntly, I'm awful at computer terms. If I was looking for a lua.log, I'd probably try finding a lumberjack, not a file. So I really can't do much in terms of that.

Sorry.

Likely InfoAddict IS causing issues, since that's another UI enhancment mod.

However, try the game WITHOUT mods and see if it works or not.

Top Bottom