Help me kill a civilization

GaylordFarqhuar

Chieftain
I have captured all Spains' cities but the civ will not die . A google search tells me there is probably a last unit somewhere (possibly Settler) , that can't build and is keeping the Civ alive.

Is there a simple way (even if a cheat) , to locate this rogue settler

Did you check the "require complete kills" option when starting the game? If not, then the AI still has a city somewhere. Probably on a different landmass if you can't find it, maybe hidden somewhere on a small arctic island, or something like that.

Depending on what settings you've got checked (i.e. not Lock Modified Assets) you might be able to open WorldBuilder (Ctrl+W). This will remove all fog so you might be able to see any units/cities. Then press the X to exit worldbuilder and go kill it.

You can go into WorldBuilder and look around for the rogue and delete him.

Please check, when you start a game, to make sure "Complete Kills" is not checked as an option. If it is, then any unit will prevent the civilization from going to the dustbin of history when you take their last city.

Best of luck.

If I'm not mistaken, if "require complete kills" setting is on, then spies would count as well. Not sure there is anything you can do about that unless the spy is eventually discovered. Otherwise, as elite mentioned, there still may be a Spanish city out there somewhere.

If I'm not mistaken, if "require complete kills" setting is on, then spies would count as well. Not sure there is anything you can do about that unless the spy is eventually discovered. Otherwise, as elite mentioned, there still may be a Spanish city out there somewhere.

Iirc then the spies are as such not a problem. The problem is the Great Spy, who will just stand and do nothing, and as he is hidden and immune to counter espionage, the only way to kill a civ with a Great Spy is to use worldbuilder. Clearly a bug Firaxis never fixed :(

Since the complete kill option is just that, an option, I don't see it as a bug that needed fixing.
If you have a problem with it, don't use it.

I'll bet it's a remote city somewhere.

Since the complete kill option is just that, an option, I don't see it as a bug that needed fixing.
If you have a problem with it, don't use it.

I'll bet it's a remote city somewhere.

If the complete kill requires you to kill all units, but you can't because the Great Spy cannot be killed in any way, then I regard it as a bug. The only way to get rid of the Great Spy is using worldbuilder.

Can great spies be killed by nukes? Then all you need to do is nuke the entire world. ;)

Can great spies be killed by nukes? Then all you need to do is nuke the entire world. ;)

Yes, Great Spies can be nuked. Easy solution to the problem, following the great american logic we could see in various Hollywood Blockbusters, that if you have a problem, all you need is an atomic bomb that's big enough :goodjob: .

Top Bottom