End of Empires - N3S III

Okay, so for the short update, presumably the Evyni and Ming will want to send orders, and so will the Seshweay, Acca, Moti, and whoever else wants to join in that particular fistfight.

EDIT: Oh, and the two Krato clans, I guess.

Did I miss anyone?

Oh, and Lord of Elves: you probably won't occupy that much of a territory (leastaways your main confederacy won't), and expecting not just literacy but thorough record-keeping at this point may be a little extreme. But otherwise it's fine.

Also, nice stories everyone. :)

EDIT2:
NK are we finally supercallifragisticabsolutely certain that we will be going to a BT without further updating of stats?

Yes, that's rather the point of the BT -- to let me retool stats.

Okay, so for the short update, presumably the Evyni and Ming will want to send orders, and so will the Seshweay, Acca, Moti, and whoever else wants to join in that particular fistfight.

Did I miss anyone?

Oh, and Lord of Elves: you probably won't occupy that much of a territory (leastaways your main confederacy won't), and expecting not just literacy but thorough record-keeping at this point may be a little extreme. But otherwise it's fine.

That's just the general area of where I want to start. The Confederation is an alliance of all the different Alregonic nations, I'm just playing one of them (Wessarin). I'll send you some basic guidelines for the turn.

Did I miss anyone?

EDIT2:

Yes, that's rather the point of the BT -- to let me retool stats.

Guess you consider the Trilui situation wrapped up? I may send orders because nothing was really established with Farou, atleast what I can remember.

The Faerouhaiaouan League agreed to recognize the primacy of the Helsian Empire, in exchange for guarantees of open trade and self-government.

I'll send something within 48 hours!

Oh, and I encourage everyone to help out with the wiki.

Look at stuff like the recent entry for "War of the Crimson Elephant".

I kinda already finished my Leun article and then provided unneeded help eslewhere. Regardless, what articles are in need of help NK?:)

Okay, can I get Seshweay, Accan, and Moti orders by next Wednesday? Assume troop levels are roughly the same as last turn, except where described in the update. If you REALLY need specific numbers I can probably figure it out for you.

There was a last turn for me? :p

Anything needed from myself?

Nope! You're free until next... Tuesday or so, I think? We'll see how quickly I can write the mini-update.

sweet, good luck!

when are my orders due?

I might have a slight delay in writing orders tomorrow, though I certainly will be able to do so by the end of Thursday. Sorry for not mentioning it earlier. Is it okay?

Memories, pt. 1​

Some spoke of our city as the proudest fort, a veritable colossus that strode continents and divides the seas, an urban idol erected to the most perfect coincidence of nature. This city, they said, is the very mark of man: his enterprise in trade (for this city is conduit between the Lovi and Kern Seas), his excellence in construction (for this city is protected by wall that the greatest catapult could not penetrate), his spirit for adventure (for this city has served for many a century as the outward salient of a mighty empire). But I knew these were all lies, spoken by cowards and sycophants sucking to the teat of corrupt kings who may never see the truth. For I knew this city.

For all my life I had been trapped within these accursed walls, these gray-brown shadows wretched of the cowardice and defeat that have plagued this very nation. They were emblematic of my own condition, my own suffering, my own fate, and perhaps, even the very ones who bore me unto this world. For I knew not of my father or my mother, nor any other kin’s name to bear with pride or call brother. My first memories were not of a mother’s gentle caress or a father’s stern guidance, but that of the din and roar of a stone market street, amongst a crowd, but never more orphaned, friendless or alone. And thus for all my life I withdrew into my own walls, where I had not the heart nor courage to speak my own will or desire. I had prospered materially off my borne gifts of craft and scholarship, as this city had off her own gifts, but I had never fulfilled any of my true desires.

And yet, for all the hatred I bore my fate and my surroundings along with it, I felt a strange kinship with the only place I could ever call home. For what was this place, but an orphan, a lost child of the winds and fates? Some fools looked to our uncle old Trilui or even ancient Arkage for guidance, but this nation, this city, has never felt the warm embrace of a true father. We were but an outpost on the edge of civilization, coveted for our location and material but never cherished for our own gift. Latent within us was the potential for our own empire beyond the likes of what this world has ever known, but what had this city ever known besides colonial stopover? We could have been noble, but we were meek. We could have been kings, but we were servants.

And I was meek, and I was a servant. For all my gifts, all I had done with my life is to advance my position to manager of this city’s treasury, exchequer at the behest of the merchants, and servant to their word and will. I was restless and listless. From the time of my first memory, an orphan trapped under the din of the streets, I had never spoken a single word.

I was living a life of quiet desperation.

Top Bottom