Neoteric World

Hi all, i am new on this forum, i have a problem with this mod. I`ve been alredy installed it but.... i cant see a lot of names and messages (only apears empty names and messages) , also i am not able to change my civics :S anyone could help?? (i have a spanish version of this game, this could be the main problem?? ) i`d aprecite your help, and sorry for my noob .

this mod is only written in english, so you will have to change the language in your beyond the sword menu. sorry

I may not have made it clear. I know there is a difference between the globaldefines files lol. I was just noting that only the alt one was available. If I was to copy the standard global defines file from BTS into your mod and leave the alt one, would this allow me to adjust some other options yours does not?

I was able to add in a gamespeedinfo by doing this so I did not know if it would work as well. I would just do it and test it but from my understanding, messing with the globaldefines can prevent you from playing saves etc.

Overall though, this is definently one of the best mods I have downloaded. The whole mod is much better than many others who only have part of what you have. As for the slow down, this mod does not have anything different than standard BTS. Unlike other mods, I can play this one in the future era which i nice because that is the time it focuses on. Great work.

One last question, I am playing with aggressive AI on (which I normally do), however the AI seems to be teching for faster or at least smarter than normally. Is this because of the better AI this mod has or did you adjust some other settings? I may look into making those same changes in my custom assets.

EDIT: FYI the reason I added in the gamespeedinfo file is because I find inflation to be a huge pain in the modern era so I got rid of it. Also seems to help the AI on levels below Monarch.

hi there. good work with the mod, i'm really enjoying it. only one bad thing so far: my game always crashes if i try to put an Armoured Car in the build queue. every single time. is this a known issue ?

I may not have made it clear. I know there is a difference between the globaldefines files lol. I was just noting that only the alt one was available. If I was to copy the standard global defines file from BTS into your mod and leave the alt one, would this allow me to adjust some other options yours does not?

I was able to add in a gamespeedinfo by doing this so I did not know if it would work as well. I would just do it and test it but from my understanding, messing with the globaldefines can prevent you from playing saves etc.

Overall though, this is definently one of the best mods I have downloaded. The whole mod is much better than many others who only have part of what you have. As for the slow down, this mod does not have anything different than standard BTS. Unlike other mods, I can play this one in the future era which i nice because that is the time it focuses on. Great work.

One last question, I am playing with aggressive AI on (which I normally do), however the AI seems to be teching for faster or at least smarter than normally. Is this because of the better AI this mod has or did you adjust some other settings? I may look into making those same changes in my custom assets.

EDIT: FYI the reason I added in the gamespeedinfo file is because I find inflation to be a huge pain in the modern era so I got rid of it. Also seems to help the AI on levels below Monarch.
Oh right sorry, Yes you can just copy over GlobalDefines.xml and edit it how you want. Yes the game speed later eras should be near enough exactly the same as standard or better, Better AI improves turn time and also will make the computer a lot smarter so it will definatly tech faster. The way to think of it is AI have gone up a difficulty so its best to drop one difficulty.

hi there. good work with the mod, i'm really enjoying it. only one bad thing so far: my game always crashes if i try to put an Armoured Car in the build queue. every single time. is this a known issue ?
I dont know. I will definatly check that when i get back from work today. If that is a crash it will be fixed by the end of the day.

I'm trying the mod out now and enjoying it. I wanted to point out one possible issue though - not sure if it has been reported yet. It appears that messages are logged 1 turn behind. For instance. say Civ X has 100 gold this turn - that message will be reported the following turn.

I've just downloaded and tried to start a game with 32 civs with perfectworld2 - it just freezes on the loading page. Any ideas?

I'm patched to3.19 and have just downloaded the file following:

Instructions

1. Requires Beyond the Sword Patch 3.19 (Get from official website)
2. Download latest version of Neoteric World
3. Right click downloaded folder and select Unzip
4. Place Unzipped folder here
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods
5. Click the shortcut included in the download file to play!

I'm trying the mod out now and enjoying it. I wanted to point out one possible issue though - not sure if it has been reported yet. It appears that messages are logged 1 turn behind. For instance. say Civ X has 100 gold this turn - that message will be reported the following turn.
Thats a bug! Argh! lol its an easy fix, Ill upload a newer version by 15th June (2moro). Just dont build it ^_^

I've just downloaded and tried to start a game with 32 civs with perfectworld2 - it just freezes on the loading page. Any ideas?

I'm patched to3.19 and have just downloaded the file following:

Instructions

1. Requires Beyond the Sword Patch 3.19 (Get from official website)
2. Download latest version of Neoteric World
3. Right click downloaded folder and select Unzip
4. Place Unzipped folder here
C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods
5. Click the shortcut included in the download file to play!

Did you select Giant or Gigantic map? Because they take a minute to a few minutes to load. It will appear asthough it freezes but its just a really big map to generate.

I selected huge, but it's not loading.

The other maps seem to be working. Do I need to download anyting different (I assume the 50 civ dll is included?)

I'll just start on Earth2 for now.

I selected huge, but it's not loading.

The other maps seem to be working. Do I need to download anyting different (I assume the 50 civ dll is included?)

I'll just start on Earth2 for now.

Ok Ive tested it. It takes a very long time to load with 10 civs (over 2minutes for my computer). That map script from what I understand puts continents seperated by oceans, so if you are playing with 32 Civs... The map is going to have to be big and may take a long time to fit every civilization on there.

The DLL is edited for 50civilizations because you are able to select more civ slots than the standard 18 slots. My games I have 40 civs. With regards to civilizations, the new update 2moro will have 5 more civilizations brining the total civs in this mod to 48.

I recommend using the Planet Generator 68. It can create Earth like maps with better customization.

New version available 23:30 GMT June 14th 2010

ChangeLog
  • Added Apache Civ
  • Added Arawk Civ
  • Added Congo Civ
  • Added Iran Civ
  • Added Iraq Civ
  • Added Iroquois Civ
  • Added Moche Civ
  • Added HiroHito leader
  • Added Kim Jong Il leader
  • Added Phillip II leader
  • Added Ronald Regan leader
  • Added Xerxes leader
  • Added Cetshwayo leader
  • Fixed armoured Car bug
  • Fixed shortcut

Hey Bobebrown,

Just curious, is this mod supposed to load with the BTS Vanilla title screen?
I would think you would have a customized loading screen.

just saw you updated the download. How do I update the current version? If it is a big deal I will just wait till you are done making changes lol. I am in no hurry. The only bug I think will bother me is the armoured car bug, so I just won't build them for now.

Keep up the great work.

I do have one idea though that you may consider, but this is just how I like to play so it is not that big of a deal. It could help others who may not want to change it themselves.

You may consider cutting down the inflation percentage for all speeds. Since this is a future/modern mod, by the time you get there in a default game, inflation can raise the unit costs to about 2 gold per unit lol. Just an idea.

can i use my savegame (from the version immediately before this new one) with this update?

Hey Bobebrown,

Just curious, is this mod supposed to load with the BTS Vanilla title screen?
I would think you would have a customized loading screen.
Me too, But I never got around to it. I play this mod too much and keep adding stuff that I like lol. Never on the main menu much :D
just saw you updated the download. How do I update the current version? If it is a big deal I will just wait till you are done making changes lol. I am in no hurry. The only bug I think will bother me is the armoured car bug, so I just won't build them for now.

Keep up the great work.

I do have one idea though that you may consider, but this is just how I like to play so it is not that big of a deal. It could help others who may not want to change it themselves.

You may consider cutting down the inflation percentage for all speeds. Since this is a future/modern mod, by the time you get there in a default game, inflation can raise the unit costs to about 2 gold per unit lol. Just an idea.
You have to download it again because it is not in modular form, Many files have been changed. Its only 150mb so its kinda small in modding terms.
I dont think I would change inflation because it would make the game easier. I agree it is a pain in the ass.
can i use my savegame (from the version immediately before this new one) with this update?
Should be able to! There is only XML changes in this new version.

Ok Ive tested it. It takes a very long time to load with 10 civs (over 2minutes for my computer). That map script from what I understand puts continents seperated by oceans, so if you are playing with 32 Civs... The map is going to have to be big and may take a long time to fit every civilization on there.

The DLL is edited for 50civilizations because you are able to select more civ slots than the standard 18 slots. My games I have 40 civs. With regards to civilizations, the new update 2moro will have 5 more civilizations brining the total civs in this mod to 48.

I recommend using the Planet Generator 68. It can create Earth like maps with better customization.

Thanks BobeBrown, that's great - will give it a try. Enjoying my current game - seems fantastic. Have you thought of creating a modern day scenario for this? You seem to have everything in place apart from the map with civ positions!

Look forward to many more hours on this mod!

Thanks BobeBrown, that's great - will give it a try. Enjoying my current game - seems fantastic. Have you thought of creating a modern day scenario for this? You seem to have everything in place apart from the map with civ positions!

Look forward to many more hours on this mod!

Yes im making one. Its contraversial and not politically correct. It centers around a big conflict between western and arabic nations. Its on a large Earth-like map.

Continent 1 Main features

Iran, Iraq, Arabia, Ottoman, Pakistan, Egypt
All Muslim, Arabia having the Islamic Holy City.
Pakistan biggest arabic nation
Iran and Iraq centered around a vast desert with oil supplies in the center

vs

America, Israel, England, India, Germany
India being a vassal of England and boarded with Pakistan, Heavy enemy with Pakistan. (Both have tactical nukes)
America being the biggest western power and Christian/Jewish
Israel having the most well promoted army but fairly small and Jewish Holy City
Israel/America/England Heavy enemy of Iraq and Iran.
England being fairly small and Christian
Technology is more advanced than arabic nations

1. Starts with Israel preemptive strike against Iran.
2. Iraq, Ottoman, Arabia and Iran declare war on Israel.
3. America, England, Germany come to Israels aid and declare war on its enemies.
4. Iran-Israel Boarder has heavy fortifications and troop concentrations, Immediately a bloody war heavy losses both sides.
5. Egypt stays fairly neutral. American bases inside Egypt get hit hard by Iraqi forces.
6. America takes the worst of it in first few turns, Loses majority of its army while defending.
7. American cities are very productive and its a strain to pump out enough troops to continue to defend.
8. England holds its own because of terrain advantages, Heavy fortifications and mountain ranges make easy defence.
9. All Western nations have special forces operating inside islamic lands, hitting infrustructure.
10. Arabic nations have large numbers but not as technologically advanced as western.
12. Whoever becomes the victor has a long hard fight.

I wont tell too much more because its no where near finished.

Continent 2

Russia, Poland.
Cuba (Smallish island above Continent 2)
All Hindu (For the sake of alliances)
All hate America and Israel.
All favor Iran and Iraq.

Continent 3
China, Buddhist.

Island Chain 1 - South East of Continent 3
Vietnam, Congo, Milaysia, Korea
All Buddhist

Yes im making one. Its contraversial and not politically correct. It centers around a big conflict between western and arabic nations. Its on a large Earth-like map.

Continent 1 Main features

Iran, Iraq, Arabia, Ottoman, Pakistan, Egypt
All Muslim, Arabia having the Islamic Holy City.
Pakistan biggest arabic nation
Iran and Iraq centered around a vast desert with oil supplies in the center

vs

America, Israel, England, India, Germany
India being a vassal of England and boarded with Pakistan, Heavy enemy with Pakistan. (Both have tactical nukes)
America being the biggest western power and Christian/Jewish
Israel having the most well promoted army but fairly small and Jewish Holy City
Israel/America/England Heavy enemy of Iraq and Iran.
England being fairly small and Christian
Technology is more advanced than arabic nations

1. Starts with Israel preemptive strike against Iran.
2. Iraq, Ottoman, Arabia and Iran declare war on Israel.
3. America, England, Germany come to Israels aid and declare war on its enemies.
4. Iran-Israel Boarder has heavy fortifications and troop concentrations, Immediately a bloody war heavy losses both sides.
5. Egypt stays fairly neutral. American bases inside Egypt get hit hard by Iraqi forces.
6. America takes the worst of it in first few turns, Loses majority of its army while defending.
7. American cities are very productive and its a strain to pump out enough troops to continue to defend.
8. England holds its own because of terrain advantages, Heavy fortifications and mountain ranges make easy defence.
9. All Western nations have special forces operating inside islamic lands, hitting infrustructure.
10. Arabic nations have large numbers but not as technologically advanced as western.
12. Whoever becomes the victor has a long hard fight.

I wont tell too much more because its no where near finished.

Continent 2

Russia, Poland.
Cuba (Smallish island above Continent 2)
All Hindu (For the sake of alliances)
All hate America and Israel.
All favor Iran and Iraq.

Continent 3
China, Buddhist.

Island Chain 1 - South East of Continent 3
Vietnam, Congo, Milaysia, Korea
All Buddhist

Contraversial:rolleyes: definitely
I hope you will not get negative points like me for asking for EU nation...:rolleyes:
Anyway this sounds great..could be the MOST scenario in civ4....:)
Who will Russia joint??? :confused:

hmmm.....game crashes when i try to load the game. BtS ThemeParseLog.txt says the following:

Code:
[Jun 15, 2010 - 15:50:54] Messages while processing 'Resource/Civ4.thm'

Error   : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:401, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_Italic' not found
Error   : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:402, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_BoldItalic' not found
Error   : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:408, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
Error   : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Window.thm', Ln:3048, Col:9) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
Error   : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:887, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement
Error   : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:927, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement

hmmm.....game crashes when i try to load the game. BtS ThemeParseLog.txt says the following:

Code:
[Jun 15, 2010 - 15:50:54] Messages while processing 'Resource/Civ4.thm'

Error   : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:401, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_Italic' not found
Error   : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:402, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_BoldItalic' not found
Error   : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:408, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
Error   : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Window.thm', Ln:3048, Col:9) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
Error   : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:887, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement
Error   : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:927, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement

Thats trying to load a saved game with the new version right? So its not save game compatible and you have to start a new game.

Top Bottom