Neoteric World

yeah, yeah, everything is on, i like ranged bombardment and i use it. the thing is, sometimes the bombardment button on the unit panel disappears. when that happens, i have to go to options, disable bombardment, and exit; then go back to options, re-enable bombardment and then the button is there again. the thing is, i think stuff like this might be happening with other options/features on the mod, and therefore i'm missing out on cool stuff. for example, there is an option that says "Enables both offensive and defensive bombard units to bombard assist the attacking/defending unit while retaining their turn; is dependent on whether archer and ranged bombardment are enabled" - well, i've never seen this happen, so it might be due to the same bug.

oh now I undestand. I think you are taking about stack attack. I never play with that on, but I have seen it on Road to War mod. I can make taking a city with a stack in it very difficult however.

noo, dude, not stack attack. here, i'll show you:

the point is: sometimes, some options are ON but they don't show up in the game; i have to disable and re-enable them. but there might be some other options (besides bombardment) that exhibit this behaviour without me noticing, so i might be missing some features from the mod (like 'Attack Support', in the pic).

noo, dude, not stack attack. here, i'll show you:

the point is: sometimes, some options are ON but they don't show up in the game; i have to disable and re-enable them. but there might be some other options (besides bombardment) that exhibit this behaviour without me noticing, so i might be missing some features from the mod (like 'Attack Support', in the pic).

Since this mod is close to default with few additional features, DCM part of RevDCM has catapults NOT to range bombard. Also, if the siege weapons are out of moves, they can not range bombard. Check that your siege weapon is not catapult or its UU counterpart, and check that they still have move left. If these are checked, then report back to ReolutionDCM thread because this is more of their area of expertise than this mod :).

yes, they are NOT catapults , and they DO have moves left. all i have to do to have ranged bombardment back is to disable it and then re-enable it. trust me, it's a bug. i wouldn't mind if it was just bombardment, but it might be preventing me from using other features of the mod. but thanks for the help.

Thank you, I'll try it. :)

I tried it, and the problem continues. I can get them to stop talking to me, but the negative diplomacy modifiers still appear, even though they never contacted me. This is annoying, because I see the main benefit of this feature as stopping these requests for war, tribute, and techs and the resulting negative diplomacy points from me refusing.

Pi,

Even though you dont see the requests for war, tribute, etc...I think this feature isnt so much they never contact you, the cease talking just assumes you are going to say no to any and all requests that they make. In this case, they are contacting you, but you dont have to worry about the diplomacy screen opening up and slowing your game progress.

Just a thought

Pi,

Even though you dont see the requests for war, tribute, etc...I think this feature isnt so much they never contact you, the cease talking just assumes you are going to say no to any and all requests that they make. In this case, they are contacting you, but you dont have to worry about the diplomacy screen opening up and slowing your game progress.

Just a thought

Probabily. I guess that I read this :
When you enter into the diplomacy screen with another civilization, you now have the option to Refuse to talk. They do it to you, You can now do it to them. Stops them hassling you for trades and demands

wrong. It would make a nice addition though. :)

Also, although I know that not all the text is in place, I still found this funny:

Spoiler :

The mod won't load for me, I've tried going through BtS to it and tried Mod Chooser but every time it brings up vanilla BtS, Modern Warfare loaded just fine but this just won't work for some odd reason, any ideas?

The mod won't load for me, I've tried going through BtS to it and tried Mod Chooser but every time it brings up vanilla BtS, Modern Warfare loaded just fine but this just won't work for some odd reason, any ideas?

lol it has the same loading and main menu screens as vanilla bts

None of the features are available, there's no new civs, no new leaders, no new resources, etc. That's what I mean

None of the features are available, there's no new civs, no new leaders, no new resources, etc. That's what I mean

Well, Your doing something wrong. Have you really read thru the simple install instructions? Unzipping, placing it in mods folder contained in MyComputer not the one in My Documents?

Do you think it'd be possible to merge this mod into Neoteric World for the following release?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=368841

It's quite spiffy.

Yea that can be done on next release for sure. Sounds pretty cool

PS to the person having trouble with the art of the Shielding, Thats to do with your Beyond the Sword installation. Reinstall CIV 4 and BTS.

Make sure your folders did not double up. If you open the Neoteric World folder in the Mods directory, you should get the Assets folder and other items. If you get another folder named Neoteric World, it wont load properly.

Had this issue with my nephew earlier when he downloaded it.

Has anyone gotten to the point to build acrologies yet or acrology shieldings yet?

I just got there and built one in my captial and it is huge. I mean the art work literally takes up an area the size of 20 tiles, but the worst part is that the acrologies from every city overlap, so the whole world looks like it is covered in these things.

Anyone know how to fix this? I remember in next war that they took up just one tile around each city, and I did not mind that as they looked cool. However, when each one takes up dozens of tiles around my cities it makes it hard to do anything.

Right now I found a way to disable their art work but was wondering how I could fix it so they were scaled back down.

Also I can confirm after downloading the new file last night that the armored car is fixed so you can build them. If you have not downloaded the new version, I believe even if the AI builds them, your game crashes (was in my case).

Still is a great mod.

I got up to the arcologies point too. I realized that the giant ones are from having a radar station in the city with the arcologies(cities building the stations had normal sized arcologies, which then became huge upon completing the station, it happened at least a dozen times:eek:). Also, in my game, the shieldings overlap the arcology, which I also find annoying.

I currently only have a picture of the giant arcology, I will edit in some more soon of the overlapping shields.

Spoiler :

EDIT:As promised:
Spoiler :

PS to the person having trouble with the art of the Shielding, Thats to do with your Beyond the Sword installation. Reinstall CIV 4 and BTS.

If necessary, I can start a new game and use WB to prove the radar station's effect. Also, the arcologies work normally for me in Next War, so something is different here.

EDIT2:

Here is a picture of Next War. As you can tell from the city edit screen (I built the arcologies in the regular game, with WB'ed great engineers; I did not add the arcologies themselved with WB), the shielding and advanced shielding replace the older arcologies, this is likely the problem with the overlapping shieldings in this mod, as shown in the above pictures.

Spoiler :

OK, I found the solution to the arcologies overlapping when the shield upgrades are built. This code:
Spoiler :
Code:
if iBuildingType == CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getBuildingInfo, gc.getNumBuildingInfos(), "BUILDING_ARCOLOGY_SHIELDING"):
			pCity.setNumRealBuilding(CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getBuildingInfo, gc.getNumBuildingInfos(), "BUILDING_ARCOLOGY"), False)
		elif iBuildingType == CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getBuildingInfo, gc.getNumBuildingInfos(), "BUILDING_DEFLECTOR_SHIELDING"):
			pCity.setNumRealBuilding(CvUtil.findInfoTypeNum(gc.getBuildingInfo, gc.getNumBuildingInfos(), "BUILDING_ARCOLOGY_SHIELDING"), False)
must be added to the CvEventManager funstion onBuildingBuilt, it will fix the problem. :)

I do not know anything about the radar station problem's cause... yet :scan:.

EDIT: The entire CvEventHandeler must be added to the python folder. Also, I am extremely inexperienced with graphics, so I simply replaced the building art of the radar station with that of the broadcast tower, and it works. The single remaining problem is to see hot to prevent an Arcology from being built once the shielding is built and the arcology removed.

EDIT2:

The CvGameUtils file must be added to the python folder to avoid re-building arcologies (which would just re-create the overlapping shields problem). More specifically, this is the function that will fix it:

Spoiler :
Code:
def cannotConstruct(self,argsList):
		pCity = argsList[0]
		eBuilding = argsList[1]
		bContinue = argsList[2]
		bTestVisible = argsList[3]
		bIgnoreCost = argsList[4]

# player can't build an arcology if they have shielding or advanced shielding
		if eBuilding == gc.getInfoTypeForString("BUILDING_ARCOLOGY"):
			if pCity.getNumRealBuilding(gc.getInfoTypeForString("BUILDING_ARCOLOGY_SHIELDING")) or pCity.getNumRealBuilding(gc.getInfoTypeForString("BUILDING_DEFLECTOR_SHIELDING")):
				return True

# player can't build shielding if they have advanced
		if eBuilding == gc.getInfoTypeForString("BUILDING_ARCOLOGY_SHIELDING"):
			if pCity.getNumRealBuilding(gc.getInfoTypeForString("BUILDING_DEFLECTOR_SHIELDING")):
				return True

return False

EDIT3:

Spoiler :
WooHoo! 100Th post! :D :cool::king::dance::band::banana:

EDIT4:

It seems that simply copying the files into either the python, or modules folders does not work... still trying.

Well, I've tried, and I got nowhere.

In summary, this is what I found:

---The radar station's graphics mess up the arcologies somehow, causing them to be extremely large.
---When an arcology building improvement is built (shielding/deflector shielding) the old one must be deleted to prevent it from overlapping.
---"Older" arcologies/shielding must be blocked from being a build option if a "newer" one (shielding/deflector shielding for arcologies; deflector shielding for shielding) is present (not built, spies could destroy one and then the city cannot rebuild it) in the city.

For the radar station, the art must be changed, I simply made it look the same as a broadcast tower, as a quick fix for my games.

For deleting the old building, a check must be made in the onBuildingBuilt function in cvEventHandler... except that file is not present and I do not know how to add it correctely.

For preventing the construction of the older buildings, the cannotConstruct function must be implemented (from the cvGameUtils, which is also not present), and I do not know how to correctely add that file either.

Hopefully, there is somebody out there that knows what they are doing, and is willing to look into this. :)

Thanks PI for looking into that. I agree that the shields work in next war, and I also agree with radar station problem as well. For now though, I have just taken the next war mod stuff out the mod (I am not really comfortable with mechs lol, not realistic for todays world, but that is just me). If there is ever a total solution I may add it in, but I love this mod for the standard modern era units and several other components.

Note: To the creator of the mod, thank you for being the first mod to make the M1 Abrams tank America's UU. I am sorry but the M1 is a much better UU in my opinion lol. (Just to clarify, I know other mods have an M1 Abrams for the US, but from what I have seen, there are multiple UU's per civ. This mod only has one UU per civ.)

Also, PI I would like to comment on your signature. First off, very clever with the spoilers lol. Also, I would like to add a "number" to your sig. It is not techniqually a number but it is just as important as 1 and 0 as it allows for infinite decimal numbers like pi. Infinity (can not find the symbol lol). Without infinity, number theory as we know it would not be possible lol.

Top Bottom