Neoteric World

Started the game again on Two win XP machines and loving this mod more and more each time I play it.

Just wondering a few things are you planning on putting more early game units in the mod?

And not sure if your looking for ideas but I would love the see a Modern day and Future machine gun squad they are one of my favourite units in the game but having a First world war machine gun against some modern units doesnt help me much :)

Started the game again on Two win XP machines and loving this mod more and more each time I play it.

Just wondering a few things are you planning on putting more early game units in the mod?

And not sure if your looking for ideas but I would love the see a Modern day and Future machine gun squad they are one of my favourite units in the game but having a First world war machine gun against some modern units doesnt help me much :)

Did think about adding a few more to the WWI era and adding a few more techs to make it longer BUT adding more infantry units would make it a bit too much and im not sure if others would like the over complication. I wanted to add Trench Infantry that had big defensive bonuses on flat lands too. But if you can point me in the direction of the graphics you like for the units I could make a small 'The_Widow_Maker Patch' that would add it very quickly.

That would be amazing if you would do that and I would really really appreciate it.
I love the idea of more WW1 stuff so many games seem to neglect this very important period. I dont know anything about modding (Iam trying to teach myself) but will keep my eye out for some new graphics. Ive seen some nice skins for the original tank (360 Turretless, even older than the Early Tank) but they are in other mods and not single graphics packages http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_I_tank. I love the idea of a longer game.

I found a WW1 Skin pack http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=270623 not sure how they look ingame.
Also a WW1 Tank pack http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=271182

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks

I have a question:

To increase the strength of nukes, all I would have to do is add

Code:
	<Define>
		<DefineName>NUKE_UNIT_DAMAGE_BASE</DefineName>
		<iDefineIntVal>70</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>

to the GlobalDefinesAlt.xml file, right?

I want to increase the strength of nukes, mostly because I am used to it from playing RFC. :crazyeye: :nuke: :cool:

Thanks for the patch Bobebrown. One question: Is it compatible with older savegames? I couldn't find the answer anywhere.
Sorry it is not. But if your not playing with the Next War module, you dont need the patch.
That would be amazing if you would do that and I would really really appreciate it.
I love the idea of more WW1 stuff so many games seem to neglect this very important period. I dont know anything about modding (Iam trying to teach myself) but will keep my eye out for some new graphics. Ive seen some nice skins for the original tank (360 Turretless, even older than the Early Tank) but they are in other mods and not single graphics packages http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_I_tank. I love the idea of a longer game.

I found a WW1 Skin pack http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=270623 not sure how they look ingame.
Also a WW1 Tank pack http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=271182

I really appreciate your help.

Thanks
They look pretty cool, Im thinking I may add a WWI further expansion patch. Theres really two ways of adding them.
1. Adding them as Civilization unit diversity. Where Germans, French, Italian, Russian and the Brits unit graphics are different.
2. Adding them as seperate units, similar to the way I have set up the Migs, Harriers and F15s in Neoteric World. They are the same type of unit and unlocked by one technology but have slight differences in stats so you can choose what you want.
- From the vehicle patch using option 2, I could add a new tank class before Early Tanks that would be the 'early early' WWI tanks, being 3 available to build with different stats. Then they upgrade into the next 3 versions of Early tanks. If you get what i mean? confusing maybe lol.

Which you think works best?
I have a question:

To increase the strength of nukes, all I would have to do is add

Code:
	<Define>
		<DefineName>NUKE_UNIT_DAMAGE_BASE</DefineName>
		<iDefineIntVal>70</iDefineIntVal>
	</Define>

to the GlobalDefinesAlt.xml file, right?

I want to increase the strength of nukes, mostly because I am used to it from playing RFC. :crazyeye: :nuke: :cool:
Yes thats the one for that.

Im also thinking of adding a few Jet fighters as unique units that are given as a reward for first researching a tech, similar to the heroic special forces. The jet fighters with these skins

They just look too good to not use :p

I like the idea of suggestion 2 but then again I also like the Unique unit ideas of suggestion 1 and adding the new new tank class before early tanks would be awesome and maybe some early Armoured cars before the tank classes. (Sorry I might be suggesting too much I do get carried away) Iam all in favour of the new skins as I really liked what you did with the prototype and special units.

Anyther nice WW1 Infantry model is Trench Infantry in the Quot Capita Mod but I cant seem to find this on its own for download.

If there is anything I can do to help just let me know.

I like the idea of suggestion 2 but then again I also like the Unique unit ideas of suggestion 1 and adding the new new tank class before early tanks would be awesome and maybe some early Armoured cars before the tank classes. (Sorry I might be suggesting too much I do get carried away) Iam all in favour of the new skins as I really liked what you did with the prototype and special units.

Anyther nice WW1 Infantry model is Trench Infantry in the Quot Capita Mod but I cant seem to find this on its own for download.

If there is anything I can do to help just let me know.

Ok Ive started putting this together. Im going to go with option 2, because its a bit uneven if only a few civs have unquie ethnic art for WWI units. Can you give suggestions on the slight differences in statistics between the units.

EDIT - May take a day or two longer than i expected lol. I gota redo the tech tree and that is a pain in the *** haha!

Currently the new version im working on has these (There will be more added) :

3 Early Early Tanks lol
3 Early Tanks
Guerilla Warfare tech and new Guerilla unit
Trench Infantry
A new APC to beef the mech infantry upgrade route
A early version of Armoured car
3 Unique World Unit Jet Figthers with distinct camoflage
Two new Future Era Wonders

Woah ur fast sounds great already, if you give me the name of the units you want ideas for I will do some historical research and find the pros and cons of these units.

For the next version, could you fix the arcology stacking bug? It's still there with the last patch:
Spoiler :

Also, I have a question about airports. I want to change it so they give 4 EXP to air units, and I changed that in the XML, the game says that it gives 4 EXP, but when I build a unit it still only gets 3 from the airport. Any advice?

Hi again,

When I was playing through I noticed some errors being reported at the top of the page saying

Error In unit built event handler BandMethod BuildUnitName.OnUnitBuilt of UnitNameEventManager.BuildUnitName object at 0x3AZB08DC

The game seemed to carry on running fine but nearly every turn this kept coming up. Just bringing this to your attention incase its something you didnt know about.

Also a quick question whats the difference between

20% Forest Defence
20% Battlefied Forest Defence

Thanks again for all you have done.

Just wanted to say as a long time 'all the way from Civ 1' player, that this mod has realised all I've ever wanted to get from Civ...the depth and balance are perfect, without going over the top as some of the other mod's have done...

Top effort mate...perfect!! (has even inspired my first ever post...lol!) ;):):p:lol:

Hi again,

When I was playing through I noticed some errors being reported at the top of the page saying

Error In unit built event handler BandMethod BuildUnitName.OnUnitBuilt of UnitNameEventManager.BuildUnitName object at 0x3AZB08DC

The game seemed to carry on running fine but nearly every turn this kept coming up. Just bringing this to your attention incase its something you didnt know about.

Also a quick question whats the difference between

20% Forest Defence
20% Battlefied Forest Defence

Thanks again for all you have done.

1) I am pretty sure this is because of the new units in the game. The unit namer does not know how to name them, so there is that error. Unit naming can be disabeled from the BUG screen.
2) If you have battle effects enabeled, features called battlefields will appear. The difference is that the 20% forest is just the regular forests, and the battlefiels forest is for the battlefields that come on forested tiles.

Since this mod include Rev DCM. Will it keep my DCM settings or will I have to reset them all which would be ALOT of work. Or is there a way I can transfer the settings?

Since this mod include Rev DCM. Will it keep my DCM settings or will I have to reset them all which would be ALOT of work. Or is there a way I can transfer the settings?

Your custom user settings that are inside User Settings? If your using the same RevDCM, i guess it would work copying that file over.

I've made the new update but after playing a few games with it. I dont like it. The new tanks dont fit nicely into the tech tree and it does not feel so fluent with upgrading and getting better units, its too clustered and confusing. So im not going to release the version with the new tanks and WWI units. Sorry.

Ohh no thats a shame, Is there anyway we could get hold of this new version please? We might be able to offer balance suggestions to make it flow better and i know me and my GF will love it.

Ohh no thats a shame, Is there anyway we could get hold of this new version please? We might be able to offer balance suggestions to make it flow better and i know me and my GF will love it.

Your Girlfriend plays civ?! You lucky bugger.

My girlfriend hates Civ, although i do find Civ much better company ;)

What do ya mean?

Sorry, should have been more clear.

A modern day scenario, real, current or indeed fictional. Would be great on a world map also.

I think what you ahve here is just fantastic and clearly the range of modding you have done and the civs included would lend themselves excellently to a modern day world scenario.

My preference would be for a real world map, maybe the huge one that's included (Kai's GEM is fantastic, but with the extra modding you have done it might be just too cumbersome), with, say 25, 30 civs plotted in real locations. Although i liked your fictional scenario idea also. There are guys trying to build a mod like this from the ground up and i just think you have jsut about all the tools ready made and the hard work done to just transfer in. Would love to myself, unfortunately my modding skills are limited to using worldbuilder to place a unit :lol:

Top Bottom