Republicans shoot down tax on rich

Does anyone want to guess what happens when you increas capital gains taxes to 30%?

How about you tell us? And when you do, please cite some sources, especially ones that are more than anecdote and opinion, and have actual data behind them.

How about you tell us? And when you do, please cite some sources, especially ones that are more than anecdote and opinion, and have actual data behind them.

I already asked, but it's only "left-wing" ideas that get source-trolled on this forum. Anything conservative is assumed by default to be right.

I already asked, but it's only "left-wing" ideas that get source-trolled on this forum. Anything conservative is assumed by default to be right.

I can't agree with that. =/

Either that or you visit an entirely different subsection of threads than I do!

Hmmm. Republicans and Democrats alike are making an epic spectacle out of a fight over a bill that would do almost nothing. Didn't Obama promise an end to politics as usual?

And the President has complete control over all of Congress and the Senate, naturally.

Didn't Obama promise an end to politics as usual?

It takes two to play that game. I am not a fan of our current President in a lot of regards, but one thing you have to give to give him is that he isn't stamping his foot and tantruming "no" to everything that resembles a compromise. Perhaps the only saving grace of our current "democrats" is that they are not our current "republicans."

And the President has complete control over all of Congress and the Senate, naturally.

Perhaps Obama should have thought about that before making promises that he couldn't keep.

It takes two to play that game. I am not a fan of our current President in a lot of regards, but one thing you have to give to give him is that he isn't stamping his foot and tantruming "no" to everything that resembles a compromise. Perhaps the only saving grace of our current "democrats" is that they are not our current "republicans."

The Republicans have also offered compromises that the Democrats shot down. You just don't hear about those in the liberal mainstream media.

And I am a consumer of the liberal mainstream media? Bleh - gag me with a spoon! Like totally!

Don't read too much into that as a compliment of Obama, it really wasn't one.

Perhaps Obama should have thought about that before making promises that he couldn't keep.

Well, it’s not for a lack of trying…

The Republicans have also offered compromises that the Democrats shot down. You just don't hear about those in the liberal mainstream media.

Give me some good examples of this. By good I mean not totally lopsided “compromises” that really aren’t compromises.

Hmmm. Republicans and Democrats alike are making an epic spectacle out of a fight over a bill that would do almost nothing. Didn't Obama promise an end to politics as usual?
Yeah, the Republicans are claiming the billions in revenue to be meaningless, forgetting about their rants regarding the so-called epic significance of the millions going to Planned Parenthood.

Give me some good examples of this. By good I mean not totally lopsided “compromises” that really aren’t compromises.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-5093897-503544.html
http://washingtonexaminer.com/politics/2011/07/debt-fight-dems-reject-republican-compromise/116742

Yeah, the Republicans are claiming the billions in revenue to be meaningless, forgetting about their rants regarding the so-called epic significance of the millions going to Planned Parenthood.

They want to defund PP because of abortions and because federal funding of private orgs is unconstitutional, not because of any budgetary concerns.

They want to defund PP because of abortions and because federal funding of private orgs is unconstitutional, not because of any budgetary concerns.
Then why did they empasize the size of the expense while ranting on the floors of the House and Senate?

At what point did the Republicans offer a "compromise" that did not require a complete capitulation by the Democrats?

Federal funding for abortion has been illegal since 1976 (Hyde Amendment).

Also, of course it isn't unconstitutional. How do you think the government buys anything?

Except when they went on TV and said that $300mil is a LOT of money.

Do you believe that all NGOs in Iraq as well as private security firms in Iraq and Afghanistain is unconstitutional too ?
Do you believe that subsidies given to private oil companies and corporations is unconstitutional too ?

Then why did they empasize the size of the expense while ranting on the floors of the House and Senate?

I'd guess that most of them still do not understand the difference between millions, billions, and trillions.

At what point did the Republicans offer a "compromise" that did not require a complete capitulation by the Democrats?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-5093897-503544.html
http://washingtonexaminer.com/politics/2011/07/debt-fight-dems-reject-republican-compromise/116742

Federal funding for abortion has been illegal since 1976 (Hyde Amendment).

The amendment is meaningless because money is fungible. Derp.

Also, of course it isn't unconstitutional.

Please cite the part of the Constitution that empowers Congress to donate money to charity.

How do you think the government buys anything?

By issuing debt.

Do you believe that all NGOs in Iraq as well as private security firms in Iraq and Afghanistain is unconstitutional too ?

No, because they're being paid to provide services to the government.

Do you believe that subsidies given to private oil companies and corporations is unconstitutional too ?

YES! Subsidies are not a valid exercise of the Interstate Commerce clause.

Tune in to our next episode of "Uphold the constitution to the detriment of all!".

Please cite the part of the Constitution that empowers Congress to donate money to charity.
Congress has the ability to distribute government revenue. I don't feel like tracking down the exact section but surely one as intimately associated with the Constitution as yourself can find the section I am refering to.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

Top Bottom