Rise of Civilization

On this day a long time ago on a continent far far away (From Alabama) a group of warriors snuck inside a great city hidden in a wooden horse. To day that city is a playable civilization.

Troy released

Screenshots coming soon

Credits
Leaderscreen, Leader Icon, Map, and DOM from ambrox62's greek epic
UU, Battle Galley for all Civs
Peace theme 3200 years ago from Troy
War theme Troy: The Trojans Attack
all other non mentioned assets and code to their respective owners.

If the UA seems OP, keep in mind its highly situational nature.

Thank you for this release!

Hm... the walls feel kinda underpowered, I don't think the extra effects are worthy of the extra production cost.

It has been way too long since I've posted, but I thought people might like a Bantu update.

Like the new Banner?

Changes:

• Added original Granary benefits back to the Kraal
  • The Xhosa Warrior is now a re-purposed Scout
  • New and better icon art
  • New and better map
  • Redid the city list (just the first 3)

Like the banner and the civ, hate the font.

Do you mind if I remake it?

Yeah, not sure what I was thinking there. I kinda had an idea that the font would look regional, but abandoned it. Redo it if you want.

Also, A rough timeline of things to come.

As of now, I'm playtesting/putting final touches on the following civs,

The Powhatan
The Mississippians
Quebec
Monaco

Updates for Troy, The Sims, and Neverwinter are also coming

Civs that I have completed but need some redesign:

The Navajo (Needs a Leaderscreen)
Ireland (Needs a leader/screen)
Normandy (Might need some lua code, I'll see if I can accomplish the design with some XML trickery)
A Civ That Will Only Be Released On Steam (Pretty much done)

I'm also in the early stages of making:

Indonesia Split
April 1st Day Civ
The Vikings
The Berbers
Wales

Why would you only release a civ on steam? This site is so much... Nicer.

(And I'm the last person who should think that)

I'm thrilled to see a Navajo civ proposal! I'm glad you picked the hogan UB, since I recall someone proposing a tipi, which is ridonculous.

I wanted to propose a city list for the Navajo, especially since another Navajo civ proposal including towns like Polacca and Moenkopi, which are Hopi (a Puebloan people, and historically not on great terms with the Navajo).

I included a list of 50 names that has shortened and easily-rendered Navajo-language names. I can post the English names, for example "Tseghahodzani" is the name for "Window Rock," but I personally prefer the variety that these would bring to a map.

Without further ado:

Spoiler :

1) Tseghahodzani
2) Natani Nez
3) Chinili
4) To Nanesdizi
5) To Dineshzhe
6) Tsehotsoi
7) Tistsoz Ndeshgizh
8) Tsihotso
9) Kinlitsosinil
10) To Nehelih
11) Lokahntel
12) Bah Dilid
13) Be'ekid Ba Ahodzani
14) Da'akeh Halani
15) Hanadli
16) Tsehili
17) Lokachegai
18) Tsenahadzoh
19) Oljeto
20) Tsezhin Dilkoh
21) Tistoh
22) Shatohi
23) Kaibito
24) Ta Bichidi
25) Be'ekid Halchi
26) Tsinabas Habitin
27) Tse'alnaozti'i
28) Lichi'i
29) Nahata Dzil
30) Kin Lichi
31) Tsizizi
32) Deinihotso
33) Nahashchidi
34) To Hajilnehe
35) Chechiltah
36) Tse Nikani
37) Tse Lani
38) To Hachi
39) Nazlini
40) Diwozhi Bi To
41) Nani'a Hasani
42) Nakai Bito
43) Toye
44) Tis Nazbas
45) Tse Lichi Dahazkani
46) Tsilchin Bi To
47) Jadito
48) Tlohchini
49) Tse Nitsa Dezahi
50) Ni'ijihi

Maybe they'll even get a seat at the next Battle Royale! The Americas and Sub-Saharan Africa look so bare compared to Europe!

I'm thrilled to see a Navajo civ proposal! I'm glad you picked the hogan UB, since I recall someone proposing a tipi, which is ridonculous.

I wanted to propose a city list for the Navajo, especially since another Navajo civ proposal including towns like Polacca and Moenkopi, which are Hopi (a Puebloan people, and historically not on great terms with the Navajo).

I included a list of 50 names that has shortened and easily-rendered Navajo-language names. I can post the English names, for example "Tseghahodzani" is the name for "Window Rock," but I personally prefer the variety that these would bring to a map.

Without further ado:

Spoiler :

1) Tseghahodzani
2) Natani Nez
3) Chinili
4) To Nanesdizi
5) To Dineshzhe
6) Tsehotsoi
7) Tistsoz Ndeshgizh
8) Tsihotso
9) Kinlitsosinil
10) To Nehelih
11) Lokahntel
12) Bah Dilid
13) Be'ekid Ba Ahodzani
14) Da'akeh Halani
15) Hanadli
16) Tsehili
17) Lokachegai
18) Tsenahadzoh
19) Oljeto
20) Tsezhin Dilkoh
21) Tistoh
22) Shatohi
23) Kaibito
24) Ta Bichidi
25) Be'ekid Halchi
26) Tsinabas Habitin
27) Tse'alnaozti'i
28) Lichi'i
29) Nahata Dzil
30) Kin Lichi
31) Tsizizi
32) Deinihotso
33) Nahashchidi
34) To Hajilnehe
35) Chechiltah
36) Tse Nikani
37) Tse Lani
38) To Hachi
39) Nazlini
40) Diwozhi Bi To
41) Nani'a Hasani
42) Nakai Bito
43) Toye
44) Tis Nazbas
45) Tse Lichi Dahazkani
46) Tsilchin Bi To
47) Jadito
48) Tlohchini
49) Tse Nitsa Dezahi
50) Ni'ijihi

Maybe they'll even get a seat at the next Battle Royale! The Americas and Sub-Saharan Africa look so bare compared to Europe!

Glad to hear your excitement. And I'm honored to be your first post, welcom to the Forums. Just for that The Navajo are moving to the top of my queue.

However, It's time for a release

IMPORTANT! IF YOU ARE NOT USING THE ENLIGHTENMENT ERA, DELETE THE EE UPDATE FILE IN THE CODE FOLDER

Typo on the banner, the culture rate is 25% not 50

Credits
Code, Map, and Leaderscreea: King William I/Darkmetalscorpian
Icon Art: Tpangolin
Unit Graphics and Icon: Skirmisher by Nutty
Peace Theme: Newhart by Henri Mancini
War Theme: Galleons from Rise of Nations Soundtrack
Improvement: Empire Earth 2's European Fort 1. By Walter Hakwood, Converted by DJSHenninger

I saw earlier at least that the leaderscreen for the Navajo needed updating. I don't know if you have sources to work off of, but here are a few black-and-white pictures of Narbona, with some references for coloring.

Spoiler :

Narbona in 1874. Many of the Southwestern tribes had adopted somewhat European-looking clothing, on account of prolonged contact with the Spanish. But there are still some distinctive Navajo elements to his getup. His headgear has sometimes been described as a turban, but it's more of a headband. And his "boots" are actually knee-high moccasins.

Another photo of Narbona, sporting a European-style cap but also a formal blanket worn over the shoulder.

Another example of the headband and blanket.

For color references, A Google image search brings up a lot of examples. Narbona would likely have worn subdued colors, but the bright turquoise necklaces are a must (again, hard to tell in black-and-white).

Hm, wouldn't Troupes de Marine work better as an UU option?

Nonetheless, nice release! I didn't see it coming.

It's my understanding that the Troupes de Marine were French soldiers in Quebec as the Militia were Québécois. Hence the choice in UU.

I saw earlier at least that the leaderscreen for the Navajo needed updating. I don't know if you have sources to work off of, but here are a few black-and-white pictures of Narbona, with some references for coloring.

Spoiler :

Narbona in 1874. Many of the Southwestern tribes had adopted somewhat European-looking clothing, on account of prolonged contact with the Spanish. But there are still some distinctive Navajo elements to his getup. His headgear has sometimes been described as a turban, but it's more of a headband. And his "boots" are actually knee-high moccasins.

Another photo of Narbona, sporting a European-style cap but also a formal blanket worn over the shoulder.

Another example of the headband and blanket.

For color references, A Google image search brings up a lot of examples. Narbona would likely have worn subdued colors, but the bright turquoise necklaces are a must (again, hard to tell in black-and-white).

Thanks for the reference, I'm not really that great at collage type screens, but I think I made a decent one this time.

Vive Montréal; Vive le Québec !
Vive le Québec libre!

It looks really great.

BTW, I would suggest add some screenshot to the workshop.
Also, seems like people would make a big deal over YNAEMP compatibility. It is really easy to do. May I help with that?

By all means, please do [Insert Begging Smilie]

Great to see TPang's excellent Quebec icon finally be used.

If I must be hones, it's the only reason I decided to make the civ.

Navajo Progrees Update

Leaderscreen is complete. I've also done some minor redesign:

UA: Code Talkers - 50% decrease in enemy spy effectiveness. Receive 1 extra spy.
UU: Scout Warrior (Cavalry) - Receives defensive terrain bonuses, withdraws before melee, no moves to pillage
UB: Hogan (Temple) - 10% of food is carried over after the birth of a new citizen.

All that's needed now is a map (I'd prefer a pre-reservation map) and Unit Graphics. (I'm using the Iroquois Horse Archer graphics from somewhere on the downloads here as a placeholder) I've made request at the respective threads here, but if anyone is willing to do them, have at it :)

Hm, the UA seems a tad simple, like a worser version of England. I know modding espionage is sorta difficult, but I recall you could trigger some stuff out of having spies captured, in cities, establishing surveillance and whatnot.

Something could be done out of this for sure?

I can't write lua to save my life. If I could it'd be something like:

Units can pass through territory of civs you have a spy stationed in. If at war with said civ, units ignore terrain costs in said civ's territory.

I don't think that the entire code talking thing is a good idea for the Navajo... And they weren't the only north american tribe who had code talkers.

I don't think that the entire code talking thing is a good idea for the Navajo... And they weren't the only north american tribe who had code talkers.

It's a recognizability thing. Ask most people about the Navajo and that's the first thing that comes to mind. I could double the current bonus to a 100% slow down.

Top Bottom